Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR Flirting Table

TUXs
05.12.2014 , 11:04 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by DomiSotto View Post
You experience a game in a unique way, it all relates to your character and her story, her choices. Flirts are among the very few things in the game where you glean the character's personal life and can RP her as something other than a hero or a villain
There is no such thing as a "personal life" with these avatars. These are simply pre-scripted replies and actions based on limited pre-programmed "choices". It's nothing more than a digital choose your own adventure book. There's nothing unique about this either - your story can be identical to my own.

No amount of programmed flirting or sex in-game makes your avatar unique...YOU DO! This list is creepy imo.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here What you get: here

ZionHalcyon
05.12.2014 , 11:11 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by AlaricSevGirl View Post
Yup, a clear indication of sexual discrimination. The males have way more opportunities than the females do.
And yet, the 2 characters who get laid the most (in monogamous relationships) are both women.

DarthDymond
05.12.2014 , 11:14 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
There is no such thing as a "personal life" with these avatars. These are simply pre-scripted replies and actions based on limited pre-programmed "choices". It's nothing more than a digital choose your own adventure book. There's nothing unique about this either - your story can be identical to my own.

No amount of programmed flirting or sex in-game makes your avatar unique...YOU DO! This list is creepy imo.
I could kinda see where you're coming from if the point of the list had been "hehe, I wanna make sure my characters can have as much sex with as many different people as possible!" but the author points out at the top that this was motivated by hearing about the blatant double-standard between how the genders are handled in this aspect of the game and trying to put together some actual examples to point to.

Since I see no reason to doubt that account of why s/he did this, I really don't see how it comes across as "creepy" at all.

It isn't conclusive evidence, either, but the author acknowledges that it's purely anecdotal, and I think it still does an alright job of drawing attention to the idea that "hey, things are kinda out of whack here."
One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars. ~Kain

Refer A Friend Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/2gNj3d to get the free stuff detailed here

Defecter
05.12.2014 , 11:55 AM | #24
Made me smile;

Quote:
Holiday on Nar Shaddaa - Once - hahaha

DomiSotto
05.12.2014 , 12:36 PM | #25
This game is a hybrid, and I try to take an advantage of it. If it did not have Bio signature environmental interactions I would be playing Dragon Age.

I play these games as a character story, and I like to base it off what game has to offer, rather than what I wish it offered (I create a head canon as well of course, but I try to base it as much around the game events and dialogues as possible). I play it as a SP game, even when I play it with my husband - we do have fun (because it is a great MP mode), but I certainly prefer scripted digital interactions to unpredictable strangers. I like the control and I like to decide what happens and when. I do not like being judged by strangers as to how I equip my character and how inept I am at playing my class, and feel guilty because I drew agro by not cutting corner close enough, and things like that. When I play, I like feeling that I am co-creating a story supplying a protagonist and building up her emotional profile and adding a touch of special. I also run separate characters from the pairings we have with my husband, and for those one digital interactions are crucial. And, I also greatly appreciate BioWARE writing, voice-acting and cutscenes

More content means more ability to pick and chose, and well, it's always nice to see species, gender, class - special things. I am blown away by 8 different class stories. I love it when my char's gender is noticed. I wish Miraluka had different way of saying things. Things like that are awesome. Well, I think so.

Quote:
And yet, the 2 characters who get laid the most (in monogamous relationships) are both women.
Which is great if you really like the character. If you don't, you won't see it, and won't get any alternatives. I like the system in this game, I just want it to offer variety to the different classes and genders.

Savej
05.12.2014 , 12:42 PM | #26
Knights can bang that chick on the starter planet (Raana). But then she stabs them in the back which turns them to the dark side - it's all very shakespearian or episode iii-ish.

Jessabeans
05.12.2014 , 01:00 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Savej View Post
Knights can bang that chick on the starter planet (Raana). But then she stabs them in the back which turns them to the dark side - it's all very shakespearian or episode iii-ish.
...and female knights can become her 'sister' and receive darkside points for it. That one baffled me.

I did notice that my agent is able to use her sexuality as yet another weapon in her arsenal, and I like that. I understand my jedis are prudes, and that's fine, but it's a little insulting that my counselor is given the option to 'lift her petticoat' to any guy that calls her pretty. I get that writers were men, but surely they've at least talked to a woman before? When I got around to playing a smuggler I expected her to be able to flirt her way out of (and into) situations too but I've been disappointed so far. I have not finished all the class stories yet, but so far two of my characters are in sham marriages (bounty hunter and agent) and are given the option to bang/marry the one available guy in their crew. I know it will never make it into the game, but my bounty hunter is saving herself for Mako.
The day I dwell on failure, is the day that I surrender.

Valethar
05.12.2014 , 06:47 PM | #28
Is there a way to piss off companions to break the romance cycle?

That idiot Beiber Fett companion (Torian) is after my BH, and I've never done the flirts or given him any romance gifts. Now all of a sudden I've got some idiot conversation where he's all "I love you" and I can't tell him to bugger off.

I'm about to punt him out an airlock.

If I start picking conversation options that he doesn't like and drop his affection rating, will that kill it?
"Due to the massive loss of subscribers in our flagship title, we decided to cancel Blizzcon this year, because frankly, we don't think there's anyone left who would show up."

Lunafox
05.12.2014 , 10:23 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by DomiSotto View Post
Here is a link to someone very nice compiling the list of Flirts. Yeah, poor Female Consular.

http://bastat.tripod.com/flirting_in_swtor.htm
Doesn't look like the Consular ones are finished, because they left out the companion flirts...you have the option to flirt with 2 male comps, and marry one of them. But compared to others, yeah, JC is pretty scant...which makes JC even more dull to play, in addition to the dull story.

Lunafox
05.12.2014 , 10:24 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Valethar View Post
Is there a way to piss off companions to break the romance cycle?

That idiot Beiber Fett companion (Torian) is after my BH, and I've never done the flirts or given him any romance gifts. Now all of a sudden I've got some idiot conversation where he's all "I love you" and I can't tell him to bugger off.

I'm about to punt him out an airlock.

If I start picking conversation options that he doesn't like and drop his affection rating, will that kill it?
I think if you refuse to flirt with them three times, they stop flirting. At least this is what happened with Jorgan, because I didn't want him, and kept refusing him, so after a while it just stopped, I think 3 was the magic number.