Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

flash point gear question

jasoncollins
05.10.2014 , 06:19 PM | #1
wanted to gear my lv 20 smuggler up
can i grab gear soloing the fp on another char and pass the gear boss drops to my smuggler or is it just the plain blues that drop in chest
10% love for the real world
90% hate for the real world

Fireballsixty
05.10.2014 , 07:40 PM | #2
flashpoint gear binds so you can only use the gear you get on the same character you did the flashpoint on

Mmurph
05.10.2014 , 08:20 PM | #3
I you get orange drops, you can rip the mods and send them in legacy gear however.

psandak
05.10.2014 , 08:29 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by jasoncollins View Post
wanted to gear my lv 20 smuggler up
can i grab gear soloing the fp on another char and pass the gear boss drops to my smuggler or is it just the plain blues that drop in chest

Quote: Originally Posted by Fireballsixty View Post
flashpoint gear binds so you can only use the gear you get on the same character you did the flashpoint on
Not entirely accurate. Yes, equipment that drops off bosses in FPs are Bind on Pickup (BoP), BUT there is a way (albeit expensive) to get the item modifications within the gear to another character. The steps are as follows:

1. acquire Bound to Legacy (BtL) gear. There are several sources: capital planets have vendors for each class, several event area vendors (Gree and Bounty spring to mind but there may be others). This can cost a little or a lot.
2. run FP on higher level character and acquire gear.
3. rip the item modifications out of the gear that dropped (doing so is a credit sink; you will have to spend credits to do so) and put them into the BtL gear. NOTE: Armorings, Barrels, and Hilts are gear slot specific (you cannot put an armoring from a helmet into a chest piece) so it is a good idea to acquire a full set of BtL gear so this will not be an issue.
4. mail the BtL gear piece(s) to the lower level character
5. rip the item modifications out of the BtL gear (again spending credits to do so) and put them into whatever moddable gear your lower level character has.

A FAR easier alternative, is to simply use planetary comms on a higher level character to purchase level appropriate gear and/or item modifications and mail them to the lower level character.
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules

Kaos_KidSWTOR
05.10.2014 , 08:48 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
Not entirely accurate. Yes, equipment that drops off bosses in FPs are Bind on Pickup (BoP), BUT there is a way (albeit expensive) to get the item modifications within the gear to another character. The steps are as follows:

1. acquire Bound to Legacy (BtL) gear. There are several sources: capital planets have vendors for each class, several event area vendors (Gree and Bounty spring to mind but there may be others). This can cost a little or a lot.
2. run FP on higher level character and acquire gear.
3. rip the item modifications out of the gear that dropped (doing so is a credit sink; you will have to spend credits to do so) and put them into the BtL gear. NOTE: Armorings, Barrels, and Hilts are gear slot specific (you cannot put an armoring from a helmet into a chest piece) so it is a good idea to acquire a full set of BtL gear so this will not be an issue.
4. mail the BtL gear piece(s) to the lower level character
5. rip the item modifications out of the BtL gear (again spending credits to do so) and put them into whatever moddable gear your lower level character has.

A FAR easier alternative, is to simply use planetary comms on a higher level character to purchase level appropriate gear and/or item modifications and mail them to the lower level character.
Well, when Galactic Strongholds comes out, this should no longer be an issue, as i think that you can put Bound gear into your Stronghold's Legacy box thingy.

Fireballsixty
05.10.2014 , 09:30 PM | #6
that doesn't give you the armor itself though until legacy cargo bay

PLynkes
05.11.2014 , 03:54 AM | #7
How do we know we can put bound items in the upcoming legacy storage? Has that been announced somewhere?

Fireballsixty
05.11.2014 , 12:50 PM | #8
you can put bound items in the stronghold, just like any cargo bay, and therefore another character can take it out

ScarletBlaze
05.11.2014 , 01:14 PM | #9
There has been no information on legacy storage other than we will have legacy storage. As far as what will or will not work they haven't said yet. Though people have asked them about bound gear no answer has been given as yet to my knowledge.
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Guild Roleplays: http://republicexplorerscorp.enjin.com/activity
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/vLlZlR

Jedi_riches
05.11.2014 , 01:45 PM | #10
It maybe that only unbound items can be stored like you cannot add bound items to emails. I think it will be made so that you can't do that.