Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What US server is the most heavily populated?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
What US server is the most heavily populated?

jedip_enguin
05.09.2014 , 07:29 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by trancejeremy View Post
I play on Bergeron and while it always says it is the heaviest server load, I can't believe that means it's most crowded.

Post-Tattoine, most planets are completely deserted. 8-20 people on most planets. Like right now, I'm on Corellia, and there are 17 people.
Corellia has a very narrow level range and a lot of people skip it because by 48-49 you can do BH/Section X dailies for better xp gain.

Individual planet population is a bad indication of sever population.

illgot
05.09.2014 , 11:03 PM | #12
BC has the highest population.

Gwena
05.09.2014 , 11:32 PM | #13
I'd suggest the Harbinger as well. I like being on a well populated server and I am quite happy here. And having APAC players around is a nice plus.

And I'm gonna agree with one of the previous posters that the population status labels don't coincide with specific numbers that are the same across all servers. Given what I have observed in my admittedly limited play time on Begeren Colony, I would be very surprised if it had more players than the Harbinger.
Ecc 1:9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.
Please consider using my referral link if you are a new player or a returning subscriber! What you get and more info here.

illgot
05.09.2014 , 11:44 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Gwena View Post
I'd suggest the Harbinger as well. I like being on a well populated server and I am quite happy here. And having APAC players around is a nice plus.

And I'm gonna agree with one of the previous posters that the population status labels don't coincide with specific numbers that are the same across all servers. Given what I have observed in my admittedly limited play time on Begeren Colony, I would be very surprised if it had more players than the Harbinger.
http://www.torstatus.net/shards/us/stats

What you feel and what is happening are two different things.

BC has constant flashpoints, PvP, Ops, GSF and people leveling on planets. Plus it is only very late at night (around 1-2 a.m. during weekdays and 4 a.m. on the weekends) that BC falls down to one instance of Fleet.

The "force" has nothing on solid number from official server status and from a website that takes population samples.

I played on four different servers and settled on BC because of their higher population and often lower more stable GTN prices.

Uncle_Robo
05.10.2014 , 12:07 AM | #15
That site you are referring to, shows which servers reach "Heavy" status the most often.
However, this does NOT reflect actual population numbers. All you have to do is log into both servers and compare the population. You will find Harbinger will have a HIGHER population than BC even though BC has "Heavy" status and Harbinger is only at "Standard". I have been tricked into playing BC once it reaches "Heavy" status, only to log out and log into Harbinger to find a higher population on Harbinger even though Harbinger is still at "standard' status.

Another good indication of population is GTN listings.
Compare the two, and you will find Harbinger has more listings with more competitive prices.

Quote: Originally Posted by illgot View Post
http://www.torstatus.net/shards/us/stats

What you feel and what is happening are two different things.

BC has constant flashpoints, PvP, Ops, GSF and people leveling on planets. Plus it is only very late at night (around 1-2 a.m. during weekdays and 4 a.m. on the weekends) that BC falls down to one instance of Fleet.

The "force" has nothing on solid number from official server status and from a website that takes population samples.

I played on four different servers and settled on BC because of their higher population and often lower more stable GTN prices.
My referral for a FREE server transfer and 7 days FREE sub for former and current subscribers.