Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[BEG] Devs, please don't bolster SM OPS! ...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
[BEG] Devs, please don't bolster SM OPS! ...

thewitchdoctor
05.13.2014 , 09:12 AM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by thewitchdoctor View Post
And really, that's my worry too. But, hey, we'll see what happens.
To be more exact: my worry is that we will actually have a bigger skill divide between players. KDY is great for leveling fast but not so much for learning how to play as a team member. Going right from KDY to 16-man Ops may not exactly provide the incentive to playing better that some are hoping. But it might. It is, after all, just my opinion.
Good. Bad. I'm the twi'lek with the saber.
Active: 55 Marauder - 55 Powertech - 55 Guardian
Leveling: Sorcerer
Inactive: 55 Assassin

DawnAskham
05.13.2014 , 02:18 PM | #72
Moving Group Finder to 16 man, which typically has a better chance of success and provides better comm rewards, providing yet another way for players to gear up / catch up late in the 2.X cycle, seems to be a good idea.

It never made sense to me that Group Finder tried to create 8 man Ops groups for content which was typically more difficult on 8 man mode AND which dropped lessor amounts of comms than 16 man.

Bolster however, seems to be a really dumb idea. I'd much prefer if they did what they did pre-2.0, and just give fresh 55s a bunch of Basic Comms so they can buy a starter gear set.

Not to mention, bolster will probably end up borked such that players wearing optimized 55 gear won't have better stats than players wearing mid-level blues and empty slots while they will end up spending more on repair.