Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

[BEG] Devs, please don't bolster SM OPS! ...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
[BEG] Devs, please don't bolster SM OPS! ...

ivanhedgehog's Avatar


ivanhedgehog
05.10.2014 , 08:43 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Adaliaya View Post
... And if you do, make it work this way: any gear one wears that is under Artifact (156 if I remember correct) quality gets bolstered to Artifact level.

Then important part: if one wears lets say full 180 ( or anything above 156) his/her stats will be exactly same than outside bolster. (would help organize gear cuz preview wouldn't be necessary)
Other thing is I simply feel stupid when my stats change around. This pisses me so much I have ran KDY exactly once since it came out. Even if I have 7 alts I try to lvl fast.

I am player who is not pro, has not operation guild etc. I am what you would describe "casual"
I still enjoy my weekly SMs. Running Dread Palace always makes me glad, and being locked out annoys
That's why I am most worried. If you turn my weekly SMs I enjoy so to KDY type faceroll I don't know what content will be good for me. I did not put a lot effort to get stat optimized 180 gear and expensive Dread Forged relics to run 16 man
KDY. Bioware, you have sad subscriber right here

If you love bolster so, please even make it function like suggested above, so +156 players wouldn't get affected at all
simple solution...dont enter group finder..get in a premade group and enter old style

Smuglebunny's Avatar


Smuglebunny
05.10.2014 , 09:08 AM | #42
I fully support this update to Group Finder. This is a non issue. As when not going through GF you will not be bolstered. Changing nothing for those who currently run OPS.

Glad to finaly see that BW is adding everything to GF like they should.

Full support to BW, disagree with this thread. Bolster on.

But remove bolster from ranked PVP.


Remember these are STORY MODE OPS.

Solloby's Avatar


Solloby
05.10.2014 , 06:12 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by trancejeremy View Post
That is a contradiction.

I think many people tend to classify themselves as "casual" when they are anything but.
Since when was participating in unranked pvp a hardcore activity? Tbh I actually meant casual from a PVE perspective... as in I don't do HM 55 ops, NiM ops or guild ops. I occasionally pug into SM 55 or a HM 50 when they are forming, and some weeks I do none. This to me is casual as it's only participating in entry-level stuff on a casual (non scheduled) basis.


Quote: Originally Posted by aeterno View Post
I'd venture a guess that this is happening the way it's happening (rotation of specific operations) because nobody is really running older operations.

Yes a guild run might happen to get a title or a speeder achievement or something but that's it. If you're 2 years late to the party and you just hit 50 you're basically SOL trying to get an EV, KP or EC group to see the story. It just never pops and I can remember like 2 times in the last half a year I saw someone trying to make a story EV group in general chat.

This way when EV is up for 30 comm rotation it will actually pop and a couple of 50s can get schlepped through the operation each run. And so they don't get booted the second someone sees sub 25k HP in operations frame they get bolstered.
There are still people without RotHC? Isn't it free now? Getting into EV and KP is easy, there are pugs forming for them all the time, and on the odd occasion I see a sub-level 55 in the group. EC not so much, so I can understand them wanting to make the old 50 raids more accessable from that perspective, and even TfB or S&V to get people started.

Maybe I am just scarred by the horribleness that was LFRaid in WoW. Some groups were ok but some groups... you had to heal like it was hardmode even though the encounter itself was easier than storymode simply to try and carry all the bads, and if the tank was bad with the mechanics then it was all over. And the loot problems... since it was cross server and so many people in the pool, server reputation was no longer important, so getting loot was difficult because so many people rolled on stuff they couldn't use so sometimes you had to compete with half the raid when only you and one other could actually equip the item as an upgrade.

SWTOR's quite different so I don't foresee it having anywhere near as many problems as this, thankfully. It should make operations easier to pug into, so maybe this is a good thing after all. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how it goes.
The Shadowlands

SteelTriton's Avatar


SteelTriton
05.12.2014 , 10:07 AM | #44
I don't know what all the fuss is about. There is no way they are going to down bolster anyone. The other issue is pugging is pugging weather it is bolstered or not. Some of these story modes are difficult if you don't know what you are doing. Experienced raiders are going to be needed and on the positive side there will be some noobs who take right to this and learn the mechanics before hand and step up to the challenge. You are going to see more wipes than usual on some of these ops but give it a month. A lot of these guys will become discourged when people wont want to carry them through and repair bills get sky high and the runs should smooth out the more people see and learn the fights. You can tell people to watch as many videos and read as much as they can before hand it is not the real thing. I think this is why Bioware is doing this so more people will try it and a lot of them may enjoy it and learn there roles betters because they don't want to be the cause of the wipe or wipes. You are always going to have looters and people who refuse to learn there class.

KumbayaGOD's Avatar


KumbayaGOD
05.12.2014 , 10:10 PM | #45
i totally support the bolster things, i did remember i just join the game like 6 months ago and nobody even care to start old ops SM let say EV , KP and EC for the story
now i have alerady done all of them even in HM many people who just joined may not have chance to see it
and also i have alt that can gear much faster this way so yeah bolster away

LordArtemis's Avatar


LordArtemis
05.12.2014 , 10:41 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Smuglebunny View Post
I fully support this update to Group Finder. This is a non issue. As when not going through GF you will not be bolstered. Changing nothing for those who currently run OPS.

Glad to finaly see that BW is adding everything to GF like they should.

Full support to BW, disagree with this thread. Bolster on.

But remove bolster from ranked PVP.


Remember these are STORY MODE OPS.
I wouldn't say its a non-issue, thats a bit too dismissive. The concerns are understandable from some, but again I think what benefits the game has to take precedence, even if it is difficult for a few folks to swallow.

Adaliaya's Avatar


Adaliaya
05.13.2014 , 12:36 AM | #47
Even if this would have zero effect to overgeared people's stats I can still foresee people running with Tython gear to avoid repairs and justify ninja-needs would like dev comment about this issue

ThorgrimLutgen's Avatar


ThorgrimLutgen
05.13.2014 , 12:53 AM | #48
I must admit, as someone who only PVPs, I really do appreciate the irony here.

I cannot wait until I am the best specced person in your SM OP due to some messed up mechanic, I will have absolutely no clue how to play my class in a PVE environment, but hey, who cares, it is what bolster does and lets everyone play what they want to right.

When your pve gear was bolstered to better than top tier pvp gear, I did not hear the cries from you guys, I really cannot wait.

On a serious note, it is just another way BW are making this game easier and easier, you literally could get a monkey to level up for you these days.

The PVP system was ruined by bolster, which allowed people who are hopeless at it, to "have a go", and now the same useless people are ruining the ranked system. Your PVE world is about to become the same. Not good for the long term future of the game in my opinion.

While they are at it, why not just make everything like these flagship tactical flashpoints, for your OPs as well, do away with the trinity and just all derp to your hearts content.

Urantia's Avatar


Urantia
05.13.2014 , 01:38 AM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Adaliaya View Post
Even if this would have zero effect to overgeared people's stats I can still foresee people running with Tython gear to avoid repairs and justify ninja-needs would like dev comment about this issue
This is partly my concern. Race to lvl 15, head to Kuat until lvl 55, and then right into SM ops. So from starter planet gear directly to 78s is how it will be now? You are correct Adaliaya...this is exactly what some people will do.
│║▌█║▌║
SQUADRON238

Urantia's Avatar


Urantia
05.13.2014 , 01:47 AM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by ThorgrimLutgen View Post
I must admit, as someone who only PVPs, I really do appreciate the irony here.

I cannot wait until I am the best specced person in your SM OP due to some messed up mechanic, I will have absolutely no clue how to play my class in a PVE environment, but hey, who cares, it is what bolster does and lets everyone play what they want to right.

When your pve gear was bolstered to better than top tier pvp gear, I did not hear the cries from you guys, I really cannot wait.

On a serious note, it is just another way BW are making this game easier and easier, you literally could get a monkey to level up for you these days.

The PVP system was ruined by bolster, which allowed people who are hopeless at it, to "have a go", and now the same useless people are ruining the ranked system. Your PVE world is about to become the same. Not good for the long term future of the game in my opinion.

While they are at it, why not just make everything like these flagship tactical flashpoints, for your OPs as well, do away with the trinity and just all derp to your hearts content.
Totally spot on. I know I have not seen a PvP match since 2.0 launched. Sure they have "improved" bolster some since then, but I never looked back. I could also never accept bolster at lvl cap for PvP. Had it been only for 10-54 I might have kept at it after 2.0...but nah.
│║▌█║▌║
SQUADRON238