Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BioWare are you trying to get your operations players to leave?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
BioWare are you trying to get your operations players to leave?

DrewFromPhilly
05.07.2014 , 09:39 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by tanerb View Post
Sadly, we are not the targeted audience anymore.
The biggest problem with SWTOR is that has no targeted audience - no clear focus or direction, other than "hey that worked in this other MMO lets do that".

TrigPt
05.07.2014 , 09:48 PM | #22
Having watched the thurs night streams on twitch and seen some of the guys behind the scenes and listened to what they've been responsible for and the other names they mentioned I honestly believe that bioware has maybe 30 people tops working full time directly on swtor. That excludes tech support , customer support, and backend staff such as HR etc.

So no wonder they're slow.

I will add that everyone who's appeared on stream as been super enthusiastic about the game and I genuinely believe they love their job and are giving it their all , but I do think that GSF, player housing and cartel market stuff shouldn't be taking resources away from the core content of new planets, new ops , new warzones.

I'm more a PVP than PVE guy and even I'm starting to feel sorry for the guys who do OPs

The way I look at it is $15 a month subscription is the same as 3-4 AAA games a year equivalent. For the first 2 years I think my sub was worth it I got value for money. This year no, my sub runs out soon and I'll be trying out some other games. When they add meaningful content I'll be back , first to catch up on what little I've missed and then to get stuck into the new stuff. If this lack of content trend continues then I can see myself just taking a gaming vacation in the world of SWTOR and only subbing 2-4 months a year.

Reno_Tarshil
05.07.2014 , 09:59 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Wicked View Post
There's one thing I can tell you that will keep coming...
Spoiler
Great news since I like the Inquisitor BM Robes but they don't have Valor Free versions. Also As I've mentioned before I wanted the Agent chest for my Shadow.
The Ragestar Legacy
[Living Legend]
Quote: Originally Posted by EvenHardNiner View Post
Ah fair enough. You are right.
http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free stuffs

Darth_Wicked
05.07.2014 , 10:02 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Reno_Tarshil View Post
Great news since I like the Inquisitor BM Robes but they don't have Valor Free versions. Also As I've mentioned before I wanted the Agent chest for my Shadow.
As I've said before, I want them too.

I just wish they had never removed them from the game to begin with, if only their main goal was to make a quick buck on the long run all along.

I could say I'm surprised but then I would be lying.
Click here for a FREE character transfer and 7 days of subscription ( Referral Link FAQ )
Quote: Originally Posted by Guss This: A Failed Padawan Story
Have you heard this one? "There once was a Mon Cal from Dac. He wore a jetpack on his back..."
"He liked to shoot blasters, and fly even faster. He was a Mando-Cal attack."

Reno_Tarshil
05.07.2014 , 10:03 PM | #25
As I've said before, I want them too.

I just wish they had never removed them from the game to begin with, if only their main goal was to make a quick buck on the long run all along.

I could say I'm surprised but then I would be lying.
To be honest, I'm kinda glad they were removed and are being brought back as adaptive, adds some great items to your collections to enhance your roleplaying.
The Ragestar Legacy
[Living Legend]

Darth_Wicked
05.07.2014 , 10:16 PM | #26
To be honest, I'm kinda glad they were removed and are being brought back as adaptive, adds some great items to your collections to enhance your roleplaying.
They could still be adaptive and be reintroduced in a different fashion, outside the Cartel Market IMHO.

As it is, it just reeks of opportunism like the all thing with the Korrealis', whose re-introduction was NEVER even addressed in-game as far as the lore is concerned.

In other words, instead of releasing stuff which we haven't seen before, they merely bring up that which should have never been removed to begin with.
Click here for a FREE character transfer and 7 days of subscription ( Referral Link FAQ )
Have you heard this one? "There once was a Mon Cal from Dac. He wore a jetpack on his back..."

Reno_Tarshil
05.07.2014 , 10:20 PM | #27
They could still be adaptive and be reintroduced in a different fashion, outside the Cartel Market IMHO.

As it is, it just reeks of opportunism like the all thing with the Korrealis', whose re-introduction was NEVER even addressed in-game as far as the lore is concerned.

In other words, instead of releasing stuff which we haven't seen before, they merely bring up that which should have never been removed to begin with.
I don't disagree that it shouldn't have been removed, but I've grown to love my collections and wish there some non CM Armors I could add to it.
The Ragestar Legacy
[Living Legend]

Darth_Wicked
05.07.2014 , 10:22 PM | #28
I don't disagree that it shouldn't have been removed, but I've grown to love my collections and wish there some non CM Armors I could add to it.
I would wish this too; Same with vehicles.

ZETA_SCORPII
05.07.2014 , 10:22 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTexas View Post
The last operations were released on October 1, 2013, the next one will be October 21, 2014 at the earliest, since there's no indication of a new operation in 2.9 on August 19; that's at least a year between new operations. Nightmare Modes of existing operations do not constitute new operations, despite how much you may want us to believe that.

Additionally, it will be at least 18 months between the raises of the level cap. We had 16 months for 1-50 content with 8 class stories and 4 operations. It will be at least 18 months, and possibly more for 51-55 with no class stories and only 3 operations.

If your goal is get players who love operations to leave and try out other games then you're succeeding. Please throw us a bone and tell us when anything of substance will be added to the game beyond gambling and housing mini-games.
The man behind the curtain has been revealed, Mr. Jurgens was right all along. It's a sad day for those who enjoy raiding.

Reno_Tarshil
05.07.2014 , 10:23 PM | #30
I would wish this too; Same with vehicles.
My Marauder has one of the only non CM Hood Up chest armors that used to drop off Karraga SM. But like almost everything at Level 50 OPs wise, it was removed a week after I got it.
The Ragestar Legacy
[Living Legend]