Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BioWare are you trying to get your operations players to leave?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
BioWare are you trying to get your operations players to leave?

GalacticKegger
05.09.2014 , 09:19 AM | #151
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Uh...had they NOT had a knee jerk reaction, it would have been even worse! I would wait in queue for up to 2 freaking HOURS to log on. I'd get home, load up SWTOR, make dinner, clean up dinner and I'd STILL be in a freaking queue. I spent more time playing OTHER games than I'd spend in SWTOR, while waiting to play.

Bioware should have figured out that 200-300 people per server was far too freaking few from the start. They are 100% liable for their complete and incomprehensible negligence at launch...NOT their freaking customers who were rightfully upset that they couldn't play for hours, or would finally get in, join a WZ queue, CTD and have to wait another 2 flipping hours. How dare you accuse the customer of "crying"...the entire server staff at Bioware should have been canned for how this launched.
The queue problem took three weeks to fix. Granted, they would have initially lost a few thousand newb customers who expect MMOs to come off like console games when they launch had those servers not been added. But most would have staid the course for that first free month because their experiences with other MMO launches meant they had a clue. Had BW stuck to their guns they'd have had 40+ populated servers by 1.2. WoW's launch took nearly a year before servers were stable. LOTRO took almost 4 months. TOR's 3 weeks was pretty good by comparison actually.

Most of the server staff did get canned.

The next stage of a debate like this is, well ... the game launched too early. Yep, it did. It should have launched with what it had at 1.3. That was 2011. It's already 2014. Next ...

[edit] How dare I accuse? That's funny. The threads I linked speak for themselves.
"I bled protecting The People's right to free speech; thus I reserve the right to make them bleed for abusing it."
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ~ Edmund Burke‎
"There is no instance of a country having benefitted from a prolonged war." ~ Sun Tsu

TUXs
05.09.2014 , 09:40 AM | #152
Quote: Originally Posted by GalacticKegger View Post
THow dare I accuse? That's funny. Know what I find truly amazing? How some folks who would freely accuse a game, its providers and its community of everything from fraud to ignorance are comfortable dishing it out but can't take it without making it personal.
Yes, how dare you blame the customer for Bioware's ineptitude at launch. They were merely customers, paying Bioware for a service, a service that was utterly failing to be fulfilled. They had every right to complain.

What exactly are you trying to "dish out"? Criticism? Critique of how the game launched is "dishing it out" to you? LOL! Dude...how is the customer to blame in any way for Bioware's failed launch? This isn't personal at all, so I have no idea what the hell you mean. I wasn't involved in any of the launch debacle, except as a customer.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

Andryah
05.09.2014 , 09:45 AM | #153
Eight hours a day? Zoiks! If I'm doing something for eight hours a day I'm either getting paid for it or it's a lifelong pursuit. We'll leave the lights on ...
Indeed.

IF a player enjoys playing MMOs for 8 hours a day.. totally fine IMO. But for that same player to expect (and complain) that a game designed to serve very large numbers of players is not keeping up with their play style is absurd. Most MMOs are designed these days for the middle of the bell curve distribution of play style, play time, etc. 40+ hours a week play is going to cause play saturation in most MMOs if played for more then a few months.

The mature and sensible thing to do IMO is to spread your play time across multiple MMOs (either daily, weekly, monthly, whatever), NOT complain that boredom has set in and leave a given MMO. With the proliferation of flexible access business models for MMOs... nobody can complain about the economics of maintaining multiple MMOs.

TL;DR player created issues -----> resolve through more player resiliency and forethought about how to balance content needs in game play with personal play style. Of course Zeta's approach is to move from MMO to MMO in a longer rotation.. but I personally feel most heavy hours players would benefit by working a couple of three different MMOs in regular rotation.
sayonara SWTOR. I will miss the game, I will miss many players, I will NOT miss being lied to and deceived. I will not miss rookie level mistakes of epic proportions.

GalacticKegger
05.09.2014 , 09:49 AM | #154
Yes, how dare you blame the customer for Bioware's ineptitude at launch. They were merely customers, paying Bioware for a service, a service that was utterly failing to be fulfilled. They had every right to complain.

What exactly are you trying to "dish out"? Criticism? Critique of how the game launched is "dishing it out" to you? LOL! Dude...how is the customer to blame in any way for Bioware's failed launch? This isn't personal at all, so I have no idea what the hell you mean. I wasn't involved in any of the launch debacle, except as a customer.
You can blame a company for ineptitude but I can't blame it's customers for petulance? And here I thought this was an intelligent discussion. That's what I get for thinking I guess. You win.
"I bled protecting The People's right to free speech; thus I reserve the right to make them bleed for abusing it."
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ~ Edmund Burke‎
"There is no instance of a country having benefitted from a prolonged war." ~ Sun Tsu

Sidenti
05.09.2014 , 09:50 AM | #155
Bioware tried that once and it nearly killed the game:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=421725
... so the mob screamed for more servers which led to ...
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=254
... which thinned out server populations and eventually led to ...
http://www.swtor.com/transfer

If the customer was always right they'd be forced to do it themselves because no one could afford to do it for them.
I don't know who you are, but I love you. <3

TUXs
05.09.2014 , 09:57 AM | #156
You can blame a company for ineptitude but I can't blame it's customers for petulance? You win.
Of course you can, and people were petulant, but that doesn't change who was responsible for the failed launch. The customers fulfilled their end of the deal, Bioware didn't for many, and like with any service you pay for, they had a right to complain when the service failed to meet their expectations.

The customer had no role in the failed launch and to blame them is just silly. However, over 2 million of them have helped correct the problem by lightening the server loads to where Bioware can handle it.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

GalacticKegger
05.09.2014 , 10:05 AM | #157
Of course you can, and people were petulant, but that doesn't change who was responsible for the failed launch. The customers fulfilled their end of the deal, Bioware didn't for many, and like with any service you pay for, they had a right to complain when the service failed to meet their expectations.

The customer had no role in the failed launch and to blame them is just silly. However, over 2 million of them have helped correct the problem by lightening the server loads to where Bioware can handle it.
You already won ...

AlaricSevGirl
05.09.2014 , 10:26 AM | #158
Quote: Originally Posted by Duniss View Post
cz, oricon, forged alliances granted not much story in those but still some new story they added...
There is no story content in any of those, you can't even count Oricon as story content. It isn't. The last story content, and it wasn't that great, was Makeb. I'm here, resubbed, because I am an RPer too and I love the housing they are releasing but I do think they need more story content and new operations.
The Terran One Legacy; Ebon Hawk server; Rhiordan (Republic Trooper)
RP with the best, Universal Investigations

Khevar
05.09.2014 , 11:01 AM | #159
Quote: Originally Posted by AlaricSevGirl View Post
There is no story content in any of those, you can't even count Oricon as story content.
What makes Oricon not story content? If you wanted to argue that it isn't a well-told story from your viewpoint, I could give you that.

But it is absolutely story, and it completes an arc that (for me anyway) began on my level 42 Sorcerer on Belsavis when
Spoiler
The Oricon story sets you up for the final assault, bringing to a close a story that spanned a LOT of gameplay.

You may not personally like that story. But it was definitely story.

Reno_Tarshil
05.09.2014 , 11:07 AM | #160
Quote: Originally Posted by AlaricSevGirl View Post
There is no story content in any of those, you can't even count Oricon as story content. It isn't. The last story content, and it wasn't that great, was Makeb. I'm here, resubbed, because I am an RPer too and I love the housing they are releasing but I do think they need more story content and new operations.
How are those places not story?

They have have story content presented.
Supposed Member of "The Forum Apologist 5!" According to "The Reno_Tarshil Forum Fan Brigade!"
Quote:
I like Tacos.
http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free Tacos.