Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BioWare are you trying to get your operations players to leave?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
BioWare are you trying to get your operations players to leave?

Bull_Five_Golf
05.08.2014 , 12:47 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by PUMA View Post
My guild won't be leaving, but we definitely are bored. Most only login for operations and even NiM isn't really stirring the pot. I'll patiently wait though. Because Dammit, I love this game
Most members of my guild including myself have the same feeling. We love TOR! We don't want to shoot arrows or swing swords and fight dragons we want sci-fi but we're bored. We clear ops slowly and we are grinding through HM's but on the nights we're not raiding what else is there to do at 55? Most of us are rich and have all the clothes and pets we could ever want.

Not only is Bioware slow on new content but the quality of life stuff that would allow me to just mess around and kill time doesn't exist. Example:

I'm bored. Bioware says roll an alt. Ok I will. I'll make a sniper. Oh wait... there's no account friending, no cross faction GUILD chat and everybody else I would normally shoot the breeze with is now completely cut off from me unless I'm in vent. My guild master can't even whisper me to say "Hey wanna do a classic OP comms run on the pub side?" Solo questing doesn't bother me but the complete lack of in-game contact with the rest of my guild is just plain stupid. It shocks me that after almost 2 1/2 years my GM can't whisper me across faction. I can't even friend my cross faction alts, again, I can't even friend my cross faction alts so I don't have to type their names every time I want to send them mail. Pathetic.

I just don't have any faith in the development team anymore. My guild had problems last night progressing through DP HM and had to reset the instance because the Calphayus fight was bugging out. So we had to waste time clearing trash again. The night before we were having problems with the Tyrans fight bugging out. We're tired of broken stuff that shouldn't be broken. Don't even get me started on the nightmare stuff hitting the HM and SM ops after 2.7....epic fail Bioware.

I still log in 'cause my guildies are awesome. We have a good time but we can have a good time in any other game. Most of us are leaving to try a couple other games for a few months. We might come back, we might not, who knows. The point is we've all done about everything there is to do and the content feels stale.
Cota'Dan - Sara'Dan

AGSThomas
05.08.2014 , 12:51 PM | #102
I'm surprised this thread hasn't gotten deleted what with someone bring up a criticism and all.
Medďvh - Deception Assassin (PvP DPS)
Dďomedes - Vengeance Juggernaut (PvP DPS)
Server: 5 Prophecies

Tatile
05.08.2014 , 01:01 PM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by AGSThomas View Post
I'm surprised this thread hasn't gotten deleted what with someone bring up a criticism and all.
Didn't they get a lot of criticism for how they were handling criticism?

Vandicus
05.08.2014 , 01:05 PM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Didn't they get a lot of criticism for how they were handling criticism?
Actually, not really. Probably less than a dozen threads of those(more than half of which created by people who got around bans anyways) versus what ranges from hundreds to thousands of critical threads on things like space combat, pve, pvp, end-game content, rp options, chat bubbles, sgr. Moderation really isn't all that heavy, and they pretty much only pay attention to the amount of personal attacks in posts.
Darasuum kote ner vode!
Darasuum kote Mando'ade!

Superman_AZ
05.08.2014 , 01:06 PM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by AGSThomas View Post
I think as long as folks stick to the topic, keep it above the table, avoid any personal attacks, and discuss facts, we should be ok.
"Be yourself, no one can ever tell you you're doing it wrong." ~ James Leo Herlihy

tanerb
05.08.2014 , 01:47 PM | #106
•Players accessing Operations through Group Finder will now be Bolstered to an appropriate gear rating while inside the Operation. This Bolster effect will also provide increased incoming healing and increased shield chance and shield absorb.

Welcome to the world of Tactical Ops. Another step to remove healers and tanks from the game.

TUXs
05.08.2014 , 01:55 PM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by tanerb View Post
•Players accessing Operations through Group Finder will now be Bolstered to an appropriate gear rating while inside the Operation. This Bolster effect will also provide increased incoming healing and increased shield chance and shield absorb.

Welcome to the world of Tactical Ops. Another step to remove healers and tanks from the game.
Cross faction coming in December I bet!!!
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

Tatile
05.08.2014 , 01:55 PM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by Vandicus View Post
Actually, not really. Probably less than a dozen threads of those(more than half of which created by people who got around bans anyways) versus what ranges from hundreds to thousands of critical threads on things like space combat, pve, pvp, end-game content, rp options, chat bubbles, sgr. Moderation really isn't all that heavy, and they pretty much only pay attention to the amount of personal attacks in posts.
They also only really pay attention to the General Discussion board from what I've seen, I just wanted to use the word "criticism" a lot.

I could wax lyrical about the round, plump firmness of Malavai Quinn's arse, but if I called you an arse... Bioware would have to look up the word "arse" in a dictionary.

Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Cross faction coming in December I bet!!!
*sweats* No.... D:

Khevar
05.08.2014 , 02:10 PM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
I could wax lyrical about the round, plump firmness of Malavai Quinn's arse, but if I called you an arse... Bioware would have to look up the word "arse" in a dictionary.
Isn't that pirate's booty? Or would that be an arrrse?

MaximusRex
05.08.2014 , 02:16 PM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by tanerb View Post
Sadly, we are not the targeted audience anymore.
In this game you never were.