Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

When are the devs gonna make a gtn for your inventory?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
When are the devs gonna make a gtn for your inventory?

Superman_AZ
05.07.2014 , 07:12 PM | #21
considering we already have a mail droid and a repair droid I could see this becoming a possibility.
"Be yourself, no one can ever tell you you're doing it wrong." ~ James Leo Herlihy

kirbyshocksword
05.07.2014 , 07:37 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by SW_display_name View Post
It's a nice idea.

Bags can fill up and there's stuff you don't want to vendor. Being able to just toss it on to GTN at-will would be a very appealing luxury item.

The nature of luxury items like Holostatues is that many people won't see the point but enough will. It's just personalities, some people are more OCD about time spent running menial errands while others are more relaxed about a few extra load screens, etc.
I know!
I always have like 10 crafted items in my inventory that i want to sell on the gtn,

Quote: Originally Posted by LeJarC View Post
Priority Transport Personal Ship -> Unlocked (Bought and paid for) GTN Terminal = instant access (plus cooldown)
If im on a long loading time planet like hoth, belsavis, voss, i dont want to go to my ship XD

illgot
05.07.2014 , 08:10 PM | #23
I would love this but I wonder how it would impact Fleet.

I love hanging out in fleet because of the random conversations and seeing all the people.

Darth-Obvious
05.07.2014 , 09:00 PM | #24
I've wanted it for awhile now.

I don't care about it so much in the sense of selling things though but it would definitely make it easier to gear yourself while leveling or to grab an item that you forgot about or need while your out in the middle of nowhere on larger planets like Hoth, Belsavis, and Corellia. Areas that will/would take significant amount of time to get back to because you ended up going back to the Fleet or your ship to get something off the GTN.

Obviously if you have alts you can grab stuff and send it to whoever and they can deploy a mail droid, but I think of this more as a convenience feature, ie what can be done to reduce the amount of load screens a player needs to endure.

However if people don't like this idea or there's a technical reason that makes it complicated then I would suggest they incorporate one of their Exit Area Fast Travel from group content into more areas of the game. The feature that allows you to teleport back to the exact spot you were last in. I know GSH is using this feature when traveling to and from your home. Be nice if it worked for Fleet travel as well.

Darth-Obvious
05.07.2014 , 09:01 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by JimG View Post
Sounds like an extremely limited use item that wouldn't even remotely justify the development time and cost and having to integrate that functionality into the existing GTN system.
It's actually quite simple from a development stand point. They'd simply be attaching a GTN interaction point to X item. It's something they could easily add any object in the game. Hell you could click on your companion and have it open. It's just an interface that's attached to an interaction node.

It wouldn't need to be integrated into anything. The player would literally be pulling up the exact same thing that they do on the Fleet.

Quote: Originally Posted by Kremsau View Post
I've always liked that you HAVE to stop questing to go back to fleet. It adds a level of realism for me.
And how long does that realism last for you when you buy an item on the GTN and it's delivered to you via electronic mail?

It's pretty amazing and realistic how you managed to get that Tauntaun out of your email like that.

LordArtemis
05.07.2014 , 09:28 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by illgot View Post
I would love this but I wonder how it would impact Fleet.

I love hanging out in fleet because of the random conversations and seeing all the people.
It's my belief that it would not impact fleet at all. Folks that go to fleet seem to go for full service, and folks were concerned (dramatically so) back when GTN terminals were added to personal starships, but that does not seem to have impacted the fleet congestion. I would expect the same thing here.

SW_display_name
05.07.2014 , 10:57 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by LordArtemis View Post
It's my belief that it would not impact fleet at all. Folks that go to fleet seem to go for full service, and folks were concerned (dramatically so) back when GTN terminals were added to personal starships, but that does not seem to have impacted the fleet congestion. I would expect the same thing here.
Because all luxury things cost money / CC so the number of people that have them is significantly smaller than people assume.

Most players won't even be aware the item exists. Most players probably still don't realize you can buy a GTN for your ship. It's easy to bring a biased perspective to forum discussions, because the most dedicated and detail-oriented players are the ones who bother booting up the game forums to begin with (and also, subscribing).

If we could see actual statistics on the number of active accounts that have X, Y, or Z unlock / chapters completed / Credit total / etc etc etc, we would probably be shocked to realize how Third World most people experience the game because they're simply oblivious and not really worried about it.

Port-a-GTN would be just another luxury toy for the dedicated / OCD playcrowd.

Kulyok
05.07.2014 , 11:52 PM | #28
I'd buy that, I think. I'm using my GTN on the ship all the time. But it's a very dangerous thing for me personally - I'll get addicted, I'll keep checking my GTN auctions all the time via that item, and that means I'll stop enjoying the game - instead every fifteen minutes I'll be checking whether someone outbidded me.

It's the same as, say, an online/mobile GTN app - people who have it would have a great advantage over those who don't(adjusting their GTN priorities at work instead of working), but they wouldn't be enjoying the game as much.
Free subscription for 7 days, extra inventory tab and more through Friends of SWTOR program, my link: http://www.swtor.com/r/kvLxZh

SW_display_name
05.08.2014 , 01:13 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Kulyok View Post
It's the same as, say, an online/mobile GTN app - people who have it would have a great advantage over those who don't(adjusting their GTN priorities at work instead of working), but they wouldn't be enjoying the game as much.
People who do all their dailies religiously for months on end also start to enjoy the game less. They also have a financial advantage over people who don't.

Therefore, we should delete dailies so that there's no unfair advantages and everyone has more fun because they're not forced by their OCD to do things they don't find fun.

(Nothing is free the trade-off for having an 'advantage' over other players is the additional time / effort / mental burden of micromanaging your GTN listings. This is why everyone doesn't do it their internal cost-benefit analysis says 'HELL NO' or 'YOLO' or something, and they log out and make a salad instead)

Kulyok
05.08.2014 , 01:35 AM | #30
Loved your post about the salad! Yes, I completely agree. I guess if such an item does come out, I will have to find a balance between micromanaging and just enjoying the game .

The comparison to dailies hasn't crossed my mind, because dailies take much, much longer for me than GTN-ing - I usually spend five minutes a day on one char and twelve on another; Czerka dailies alone take me half an hour on a level 51-54 char; Ilum dailies on a level 47-49 char can take half a day. Also, Czerka dailies = 40000 credits a day, GTN = 400000+ credits a day(2+ million during a double XP event); financial bonuses GTN provides are rather more lucrative.

Also: this has already been discussed, and I'd like to throw my voice with "item deployment should last at least five minutes" point of view - slow people like me(or people who have all pf their 100 GTN slots assigned) do need to take their time.
Free subscription for 7 days, extra inventory tab and more through Friends of SWTOR program, my link: http://www.swtor.com/r/kvLxZh