Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

When are the devs gonna make a gtn for your inventory?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
When are the devs gonna make a gtn for your inventory?

kirbyshocksword
05.07.2014 , 04:15 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Kirazy View Post
I personally am opposed. :C
Why?
I play on Progenitor and Harbringer.

Characters: Jolc, Vanguard. Tezel, Powertech. Blizz'ard, Operative. Kozer, Merc. Keko'a, Sentinel. Retiv, Assassin. Find, Sniper. I-I, juggernaut. Koppor, Sorc.Free stuffs: http://www.swtor.com/r/2drRrm
Legacy level 50 and 20.

JimG
05.07.2014 , 04:17 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by kirbyshocksword View Post
I gtn that you can put somewhere that not the fleet for a short amount of time.

Its to unload items that you craft while doing flashpoints,etc.
Sounds like an extremely limited use item that wouldn't even remotely justify the development time and cost and having to integrate that functionality into the existing GTN system. Plus, does anyone really want to sit around and wait to move forward on a flashpoint while 1 guy is lagging behind as he browses item listings on his mobile GTN? No thanks.

kirbyshocksword
05.07.2014 , 04:19 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by JimG View Post
Sounds like an extremely limited use item that wouldn't even remotely justify the development time and cost and having to integrate that functionality into the existing GTN system. Plus, does anyone really want to sit around and wait to move forward on a flashpoint while 1 guy is lagging behind as he browses item listings on his mobile GTN? No thanks.
If your waiting for another guy who is afk it would be useful
I play on Progenitor and Harbringer.

Characters: Jolc, Vanguard. Tezel, Powertech. Blizz'ard, Operative. Kozer, Merc. Keko'a, Sentinel. Retiv, Assassin. Find, Sniper. I-I, juggernaut. Koppor, Sorc.Free stuffs: http://www.swtor.com/r/2drRrm
Legacy level 50 and 20.

Andryah
05.07.2014 , 04:22 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by JimG View Post
The real issue here is that they would never satisfy players with the cast timers. It would never be long enough for some. Seriously.... it's not so much having access to the GTN as having persistent access. I really don't see a catable GTN from inventory to ever be very functional unless they make it unreasonably absurd timers on it.
sayonara SWTOR. I will miss the game, I will miss many players, I will NOT miss being lied to and deceived. I will not miss rookie level mistakes of epic proportions.

Khevar
05.07.2014 , 05:29 PM | #15
Generally speaking, I'm rarely opposed to QoL upgrades.

But I really have a hard time seeing the importance of something like this. I've never had such a burning desire to sell something on the GTN that it couldn't wait until the end of the current quest, the current flashpoint or the current operation. Particularly since the upgraded fleet pass has no cooldown.

SW_display_name
05.07.2014 , 05:46 PM | #16
It's a nice idea.

Bags can fill up and there's stuff you don't want to vendor. Being able to just toss it on to GTN at-will would be a very appealing luxury item.

The nature of luxury items like Holostatues is that many people won't see the point but enough will. It's just personalities, some people are more OCD about time spent running menial errands while others are more relaxed about a few extra load screens, etc.

LordArtemis
05.07.2014 , 05:52 PM | #17
Id be game for that, considering we have them in starships but folks still seem to be jammed at the one on the fleet station. It seems the kiosk in our ships was not the harbinger of doom some suspected.

Would be pretty convenient to be able to post items for sale anywhere, or buy an item you need right at that moment (and retrieve it with your mail bot).

Kremsau
05.07.2014 , 06:17 PM | #18
I've always liked that you HAVE to stop questing to go back to fleet. It adds a level of realism for me.

theSCARAYone
05.07.2014 , 06:20 PM | #19
Very unlikely.
The Harbinger - Aggressors Legacy - HN Baa'nariim
Give me Pets! (Referral Link)

LeJarC
05.07.2014 , 06:59 PM | #20
Priority Transport Personal Ship -> Unlocked (Bought and paid for) GTN Terminal = instant access (plus cooldown)