Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Summer of SWTOR Update

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Smashnbash
05.28.2014 , 10:24 AM | #371
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
It's simpler then that in my view:

Bioware has been getting relentlessly beaten up on the forum here for not having lots of little content nuances that people crave. Of course this is no pleasure or importance to the hardcore OPs crowd.... but that goes directly to the point here..... SWTOR is a broad appeal MMO.

The challenge with broad appeal MMOs is they tend to not meet the expectations of hardcore-niche players. But they do offer play diversity for a broad audience.. and broad audiences is where the revenue is in MMOs (WoW made the market chase broad appeal). You can go broad appeal, or you can tune for niche players. In today's market... you make broad appeal content, and you let the hardcore extreme need players find that in an MMO designed specifically for their desires.

SWTOR plays best for players that take time to explore and play all parts of the game, not just one or two things. Thing is.. many MMO players really do not understand the difference in design philosophy between niche games and broad appeal games. MMO players are their own worst enemies when they continue to play an MMO that simply does not provide the niche content they desire.

I tip my hat to you! If everyone was like you man!

TravelersWay
05.28.2014 , 01:36 PM | #372
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post

Events! We will be running every one* of our major recurring events over the period between 2.8 and 2.9. Events include:
  • Double XP Weekend
  • Gree Event
  • Bounty Contract Week
*Except the Rakghoul Resurgence. Obviously, the Rakghoul plague was completely eliminated the last time, and the galaxy is absolutely safe from another outbreak. Right?

May the Force be with you,

Bruce Maclean
So I trust that you guys have implemented a way to turn of Double XP during the events, or should all of those who do not wish to participate in Double XP plan on cancelling our subs for the summer and playing other games?

Quote: Originally Posted by Smashnbash View Post
I tip my hat to you! If everyone was like you man!
Andryah is a she by the way, and absolutely correct (as *almost* usual).
Level Syncing Compromise
Legacy Skills Suggestion to eliminate the need for Legacy Datacrons]

Wretched Hive Recap - the SWTOR forum (and more) discussion show!

Khevar
05.28.2014 , 01:58 PM | #373
Quote: Originally Posted by TravelersWay View Post
So I trust that you guys have implemented a way to turn of Double XP during the events, or should all of those who do not wish to participate in Double XP plan on cancelling our subs for the summer and playing other games?
I rather doubt it. To my knowledge, there has never been a single yellow post acknowledging the requests to disable double xp, let alone any promise of adding a feature to turn it off.

Do you have any max-level characters you could spend time with instead of doing leveling?

TravelersWay
05.28.2014 , 06:29 PM | #374
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
I rather doubt it. To my knowledge, there has never been a single yellow post acknowledging the requests to disable double xp, let alone any promise of adding a feature to turn it off.

Do you have any max-level characters you could spend time with instead of doing leveling?
That would be no.
Level Syncing Compromise

Khevar
05.28.2014 , 07:36 PM | #375
Quote: Originally Posted by TravelersWay View Post
That would be no.
Ah, too bad.

It's funny, I used to be more baffled at the complaints about double XP, and would generally insist everyone is already overleveled (or skipping quests) anyway. But my most recent leveling experiment showed that it's completely feasible to NOT overlevel content all while doing both class and planetary quests.

If you have no xp perks, no xp boosts, no rested xp (to speak of), do no PvP, no space missions, no heroics, and no flashpoints, then it actually is feasible.

I've stayed 1 level below content from Nar Shaddaa all the way through to Voss so far, and have done every (and I do mean EVERY) class and planetary and side quest, and have not been skipping mobs either. (I haven't done the Bonus Series quest lines, which would no doubt push me over)

Anyway, I just wanted to revise any previous statements I've made on this subject. If you stick to class quests, planetary quests (except bonus series), side quests and area quests, (and of course no double XP) you can see all the quests and not get overleveled.

Superman_AZ
05.30.2014 , 10:41 AM | #376
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post

Double XP Weekend
Really looking forward to the next one. I've recruited 7 people in the past 3 weeks and we all want to take full advantage of another Double XP weekend
"Be yourself, no one can ever tell you you're doing it wrong." ~ James Leo Herlihy

TravelersWay
06.02.2014 , 06:57 AM | #377
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
Ah, too bad.

It's funny, I used to be more baffled at the complaints about double XP, and would generally insist everyone is already overleveled (or skipping quests) anyway. But my most recent leveling experiment showed that it's completely feasible to NOT overlevel content all while doing both class and planetary quests.

If you have no xp perks, no xp boosts, no rested xp (to speak of), do no PvP, no space missions, no heroics, and no flashpoints, then it actually is feasible.

I've stayed 1 level below content from Nar Shaddaa all the way through to Voss so far, and have done every (and I do mean EVERY) class and planetary and side quest, and have not been skipping mobs either. (I haven't done the Bonus Series quest lines, which would no doubt push me over)

Anyway, I just wanted to revise any previous statements I've made on this subject. If you stick to class quests, planetary quests (except bonus series), side quests and area quests, (and of course no double XP) you can see all the quests and not get overleveled.
Exactly. I have no problem with Double XP - so long as it is an optional system. There are millions of gamers playing this game, and as such, there are millions of different ways that people get enjoyment out of playing. I don't think it's too much to ask for a simple system that will allow people to continue to play the way they most enjoy - even if it is a way that others do not enjoy, nor understand.
Level Syncing Compromise

ZETA_SCORPII
06.09.2014 , 07:07 AM | #378
Will there be more light shed on 2.9 and 3.0 during EA's E3 time? I know we'll get Battlefront news and possibly more info on the open world SW game, but I hope we at least get a teaser for SWTOR.

Nickious
06.09.2014 , 01:56 PM | #379
Quote: Originally Posted by ZETA_SCORPII View Post
Will there be more light shed on 2.9 and 3.0 during EA's E3 time? I know we'll get Battlefront news and possibly more info on the open world SW game, but I hope we at least get a teaser for SWTOR.
More new on Battlefront? Finally.

ZETA_SCORPII
06.09.2014 , 03:24 PM | #380
Quote: Originally Posted by Nickious View Post
More new on Battlefront? Finally.
Guess we'll have to wait till Spring 2015