Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So when is SWTOR gonna get an art and graphical update?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
So when is SWTOR gonna get an art and graphical update?

Macetheace
05.07.2014 , 09:43 AM | #1
Cathar the exception, I'm noticing models are beginning to look dated, esp with the newer titles on the market, and I've always felt some of the interiors, could use some updating - giving more variation of style, design and colour, would that we would get a place that looked inside somewhat like the clone labs on Chameno in Episode 2.

Another thing is the planets from space - you've probably seen the really cool KDY fly in - look at the resolution on that planet !! , or the new fleet fly ins - or the oricon moon in the fly-in or the planets in GSF maps - then compare them to Coreilla, Balmorra, Voss, Belsavis - and i'm like, i'd love these to get an update, and each have something interesting in the atmosphere - you'd expect Belsavis to have some massive security grid, an orbital weapons system in Balmorra, Coreilla would have orbital shipyards like Kuat and others. Then think how Coruscant and Drommund Kaas could look with tons of ships and traffic and lates etc when you see the fly -in

Anyway, I'm just wondering when we're gonna get updateseven a whole game graphical update.

[In before - BW will never do that - it's too many resources - BW have no ambition - EAWare just milking your money on CM and don't expect anything]

Talking about CM, they could do a new set of high resolution models & faces for different races and sell em off on the CM. Talking about higher definiton on the fae, e.g. on the guys you would notice the difference between slight stubble and just shaven.. you could even have things like male bodies with body hair, an option for adam's papples on more than just Twi'lek size 1 males - and maybe even a new body size for male and female - male would get a tall and thin body type, female will get a fat body type - that woudl be cool, all avail on the CM ofc..
If it feels wrong, it usually is.

Businesses must act with integrity in all things.

aeterno
05.07.2014 , 09:51 AM | #2
Bodywork is just fine, it's what's under the hood that needs an upgrade.

Model wise I'm guessing people the appearance kiosk didn't go down as well (earn as much) as they might have hoped. Otherwise I'm sure we would have seen more/more detailed content for it.

Wylf
05.07.2014 , 09:55 AM | #3
I'm honestly not sure if I'd want a graphical update. SWTOR already doesn't run all that smoothly on my machine, with really weird framedrops in certain areas and nothing I can do about it, since fiddling with the settings doesn't seem to affect my framerate in any major way.
'Twas right, said they, such birds to slay
that bring the fog and mist

The Mitharr Legacy - Way too many characters to name here.
EU - The Progenitor

ZionHalcyon
05.07.2014 , 09:55 AM | #4
Why do people feel this way?

They said from the beginning this isn't going to be ultra-realistic so that more machines can play the game. I really don't find any fault with the graphics at all, not dated or otherwise.

hallucigenocide
05.07.2014 , 10:00 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Wylf View Post
I'm honestly not sure if I'd want a graphical update. SWTOR already doesn't run all that smoothly on my machine, with really weird framedrops in certain areas and nothing I can do about it, since fiddling with the settings doesn't seem to affect my framerate in any major way.
even changes that can seem small can have quite an impact on the performance so it's best not to mess around with graphical updates.

aeterno
05.07.2014 , 10:06 AM | #6
2.8 is improving shadows by adding a new option to tick if you have the PC muscle for it I believe.

AlienEyeTX
05.07.2014 , 10:08 AM | #7
They've already dropped in some graphical updates along the way. Are you wanting a complete revamp of character models? I doubt that would ever happen.
Forget about this referral link, . You can click someone else's. I'm out.

Icebergy
05.07.2014 , 10:50 AM | #8
They've been adding improvements all along, and personally this is the best looking graphics in an MMO on the market, imo.
Unsubscribed due to no new Operations.
I am happy that there will be a renewed focus on story, I love story, its why I picked this MMO. But I picked an MMO, not an episodic single player RPG that I have to pay a subscription to receive the episodes.

Andryah
05.07.2014 , 11:16 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by ZionHalcyon View Post
Why do people feel this way?

They said from the beginning this isn't going to be ultra-realistic so that more machines can play the game. I really don't find any fault with the graphics at all, not dated or otherwise.
Hehe... one of the rare times that you and I are in complete agreement.

Besides.. they have been making incremental improvements for some time now..... and I have yet to see an MMO do any sort of actual tech/graphics refresh inside of the 5th year of production (+/-). My point being..... it's normal to see incremental improvements over time for an MMO, but NOT a complete refresh update.
Judgments are often inaccurate because the brain relies on cognitive biases over hard evidence. Cognitive bias is the tendency to make irrational judgments in consistent patterns. Researchers have found that cognitive bias wreaks havoc by forcing people to make poor, irrational judgments.

Jiminison
05.07.2014 , 11:21 AM | #10
Need more vibrant colors everything looks overwhelmed by brown adding day and night cycles and maybe some weather patterns would help too.