Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Today's pack chances at good items lower than usual?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Today's pack chances at good items lower than usual?

Docmal
05.06.2014 , 11:21 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Reno_Tarshil View Post
I feel the opposite, I got 2 desslars.
The desler is not a rare.
Don't be a nub, use Parsec
<Redemption> @ The Shadowlands
Drewbacca - Guardian Tank Handrew - Shadow Tank
& 12 more...

Docmal
05.06.2014 , 11:25 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Rafaman View Post
Yup. We get this type of OP every time a new pack is released with a highly wanted super rare item. It is all the same.

I opened a few packs to see if I could get the Bantha, no luck. The guy right next to me was who started opening packs about the same time, got a Bantha after only 2 packs. Such are the ways of the RNG.

For those of you trying to get a Bantha from a pack, may the RNG be with you.
Its not just about the bantha. In my guild we collectively opened over 150 packs. Not a single person got a single weapon. There are 6 weapons in the pack? In fact I have asked in fleet all day and not a single person responded that they got a weapon.

I am wondering if they are even in there...
Don't be a nub, use Parsec
<Redemption> @ The Shadowlands
Drewbacca - Guardian Tank Handrew - Shadow Tank
& 12 more...

Nuffmeister
05.06.2014 , 11:29 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Docmal View Post
Its not just about the bantha. In my guild we collectively opened over 150 packs. Not a single person got a single weapon. There are 6 weapons in the pack? In fact I have asked in fleet all day and not a single person responded that they got a weapon.

Yeah I saw your posts on Dulfy. I popped the reply that I'd gotten 1 weapon (a double bladed sabre) out of 3 hypercrates. The junk filler on these packs seems to be upped.
Ever feel as clumsy as you are stupid? Keep coming out of lightspeed too close to a system? See your nearest Imperial Optometrist for a free eye test. It may just save your life.

Wylf
05.06.2014 , 11:35 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Docmal View Post
I got a lightsaber. But weapon drops are always rather rare, since they share their drop rate with the armor drops. I bought quite a lot of packs since I started playing again and weapons, before mounts, were amongst the rarest things I got.
'Twas right, said they, such birds to slay
that bring the fog and mist

The Mitharr Legacy - Way too many characters to name here.
EU - The Progenitor

Solo-Jo
05.07.2014 , 12:30 AM | #25
OP i feel the same the first four packs I opened didnt get anything good and my rare drops was starfighter crap

kharathos
05.07.2014 , 12:54 AM | #26
In two hypercrate, I got the Bantha, the new Desler, all the new dancing emotes and the new regen and a ton of different types of armors in particular the underwater ones and i got the new ship pet from the gsf. Oh and I got the god ugly Yellow/pink dye twice. So as usual it is luck of the draw...............

However!!! I did not get a single weapon drop and I asked around on the server I am on and others who bought hypercrates including one guy who bought 5 hypercrates did not get a single weapon drop. Perhaps it is bugged as also the Major/Minor Experience boost for some reason comes with a bind timer so it means they cannot be stacked but all the other types of xp buffs (PVP, Explore, GSF) etc have no such timer.

Logged a ticket about both the timer and weapon drop issue. Will see what Bioware's much vaunted.............yeah ok I can't outright lie, the joke that is Customer Service have to say and whether the template response will be suitable to the issue.

TuftyMac
05.07.2014 , 01:18 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Nuffmeister View Post
If I worked for EA and saw the perceived desire for the Bantha mount I would make the chance to get it so minutely small to be a super super super rare to then maximize the sale of more packs.

Make the desirable item drop rate an absolutely minute chance + more rubbish filler per pack = more packs sold = more profit.

Annoying yes, but they are out to make money so I don't blame them. I would expect the upcoming Rancor mount to also be ridiculously hard to get.
Or just do what I don't buy the packs let other people waste money, buy the stuff off GTN

discbox
05.07.2014 , 01:25 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Nuffmeister View Post
Annoying yes, but they are out to make money so I don't blame them.
They don't make money out of that, when people stop buing that shhht. In the long term they lose money.

ShenLongKazama
05.07.2014 , 03:52 AM | #29
I got two banthas but no highland dewback.
破壊の原初の竜の神皇帝
-----------------------------------

Wylf
05.07.2014 , 04:03 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by ShenLongKazama View Post
I got two banthas but no highland dewback.
I hate you. Wanna trade?
'Twas right, said they, such birds to slay
that bring the fog and mist

The Mitharr Legacy - Way too many characters to name here.
EU - The Progenitor