Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Today's pack chances at good items lower than usual?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Today's pack chances at good items lower than usual?

Wylf
05.06.2014 , 09:36 PM | #11
Heh. I'm going to most likely just sell the armor stuff aside from maybe the mando armor anyway, so... *shrugs*
'Twas right, said they, such birds to slay
that bring the fog and mist

The Mitharr Legacy - Way too many characters to name here.
EU - The Progenitor

Reno_Tarshil
05.06.2014 , 09:37 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Wylf View Post
Heh. I'm going to most likely just sell the armor stuff aside from maybe the mando armor anyway, so... *shrugs*
I was really hoping for the mando set above all else but those Desselers should pay for it I think.
Supposed Member of "The Forum Apologist 5!" According to "The Reno_Tarshil Forum Fan Brigade!"
Quote:
I like Tacos.
http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free Tacos.

Zoom_VI
05.06.2014 , 09:38 PM | #13
I'm disturbed that people actually buy enough packs to notice any perceived different in drop rates from day-to-day
Crinn

Sanity is for the weak minded.

Reno_Tarshil
05.06.2014 , 09:39 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoom_VI View Post
I'm disturbed that people actually buy enough packs to notice any perceived different in drop rates from day-to-day
I'm bamboozled with how much you are concerned with how people spend their money.
Supposed Member of "The Forum Apologist 5!" According to "The Reno_Tarshil Forum Fan Brigade!"
Quote:
I like Tacos.
http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free Tacos.

Wylf
05.06.2014 , 09:40 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoom_VI View Post
They don't. Packs are a RNG, every time you open a pack you roll the dice once again. It doesn't mean a thing if you got unlucky this time, that's the thing about an RNG - it's mostly random.

Or, to put it in other words, the Bantha could have a 99% dropchance and there would still be people unlucky enough to open dozens of packs without getting one.

EU - The Progenitor

Rafaman
05.06.2014 , 09:51 PM | #16
They don't. Packs are a RNG, every time you open a pack you roll the dice once again. It doesn't mean a thing if you got unlucky this time, that's the thing about an RNG - it's mostly random.

Or, to put it in other words, the Bantha could have a 99% dropchance and there would still be people unlucky enough to open dozens of packs without getting one.
Yup. We get this type of OP every time a new pack is released with a highly wanted super rare item. It is all the same.

I opened a few packs to see if I could get the Bantha, no luck. The guy right next to me was who started opening packs about the same time, got a Bantha after only 2 packs. Such are the ways of the RNG.

For those of you trying to get a Bantha from a pack, may the RNG be with you.

ivanhedgehog
05.06.2014 , 10:35 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Reno_Tarshil View Post
I'm bamboozled with how much you are concerned with how people spend their money.
see a doctor for that. my uncle got bamboozled once and it became infected..bad news..

ivanhedgehog
05.06.2014 , 10:37 PM | #18

except that they keep on making obvious filler items and shoving more of them into the mix. it isnt a simple rng check. and considering how much else they have managed to screw up, I have no confidence that the applied the rng properly.

Wylf
05.06.2014 , 10:43 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by ivanhedgehog View Post
except that they keep on making obvious filler items and shoving more of them into the mix. it isnt a simple rng check. and considering how much else they have managed to screw up, I have no confidence that the applied the rng properly.
And if you had gotten a Bantha you'd be utterly confident in Bioware and the correctness of their RNG.

EU - The Progenitor

Nuffmeister
05.06.2014 , 11:20 PM | #20
If I worked for EA and saw the perceived desire for the Bantha mount I would make the chance to get it so minutely small to be a super super super rare to then maximize the sale of more packs.

Make the desirable item drop rate an absolutely minute chance + more rubbish filler per pack = more packs sold = more profit.

Annoying yes, but they are out to make money so I don't blame them. I would expect the upcoming Rancor mount to also be ridiculously hard to get.
"PvP is a test of manhood and most of you will fail" Viln AKA Farasin, Rift Forums 2010. I still laugh all these years later, test of manhood in an online computer game, hahahahahaha!