Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Raids, Repair Bills, and Requests for Credits on the loot table

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Raids, Repair Bills, and Requests for Credits on the loot table

smokebuds
01.12.2012 , 07:29 PM | #21
well you talking about grinding cash for repair bills,. but as a tank im taking all the damage all the time + the wipes.. after a flash point (figuring out tactics)75k on repairs..and crap under level items and almost no cash as a reward for clearing it,. and that was 1 flash point not even a day of "raiding" .. i burn through 250k a day doing flash point/world bosses ect as main tank for guild,. basicly my daily's and space mission cash all goes to repair bill.. and sometimes it doesnt even cover it. cmonn making a lil cash from gaming all day would be nice,. and not have to rely on a GTN cash flow to have some pocket change.

Bludjinni
01.12.2012 , 08:25 PM | #22
Interesting, I actually came to the forum to look for any posts regarding repairs. I just dinged 50 a few hours ago, and in average gear I just sank almost 100k repairs in doing an evening of hardmodes with friends. That, actually, was all the credits I had left, so now I'm down to 10k. Now naturally I'll be doing dailies tomorrow, but we'll also be doing hardmodes tomorrow again and with our severe undergeard-ness (like... severe), inexperience and our determination to find out everything ourselves, testing mechanics, etc., 100k of another repairs, if not more, seems very plausible.

I dunno, I'm really worried for my credits income. I never minded penalties for deaths, I raid hardcore in WOW still and the amount of gold I spend on that is insane, but at least I know repairs aren't gonna limit everything else I do in the game like SWTOR atm is: I wanted to farm credits to get the new mount skill, and to maybe buy some gear, but by the looks of it that's just not gonna happen.

I was gonna ask if it gets any better later, but according to this topic it really doesn't, so what now? I'm always a terrible goldfarmer. I make gold based on the occasional happy drops I get or the dailies I do and that's that, but for tonight this was barely enough.

Also, we're not bad players, believe it or not, so I can only wonder how it is for people who ARE very new to the MMO genre and are, essentially, really clueless. Is this really intended?

Txangki
01.12.2012 , 10:04 PM | #23
If you have to wipe several times to finish, that's a pyrrhic victory.

Am I being obtuse thinking the obvious answer is to find a way to complete the raid with less wipes?

Trayne_
01.12.2012 , 10:51 PM | #24
Exit area will save you a lot of money in the long run. High repair costs will also make you a smarter player by not getting aggro and avoiding splash dmg better because if you are 3 of the 16 people who didnt wipe you get to exit area with no repair costs

Do your dailies. Awards around 22 daily commendations and somewhere around 175k for like an hour of work with a 2-3 man group.
Lvl 50 Mercenary
Daragon Trail
<Thirsty>
www.Thirstytor.com

KaiHeilos
01.12.2012 , 11:24 PM | #25
If only there were quests you could do to get all those credits back...

Ashane
01.12.2012 , 11:32 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Trayne_ View Post
Do your dailies. Awards around 22 daily commendations and somewhere around 175k for like an hour of work with a 2-3 man group.
They were nerfed this patch to give you less.

"Secret" patch notes rock ya know?
Ashane | Flameborne

PvP Video's: Aion CBT Aion OB

Artacks
01.13.2012 , 01:43 AM | #27
My favorite part of this thread is "We are hardcore raiders, but we don't like to do dailies for money, can you make the game more casual for us"

/headdesk

Healerman
01.13.2012 , 01:56 AM | #28
12.23.2011 , 09:14 AM Original Post Date, 3 days after launch. I think most people agree that since then credits are much easier to come by and this is no longer an issue. At the time, it could take half as many hours to farm credits for stims and repairs as you were raiding. Now, I personally have over 5 million credits and anyone who plays daily can easily stay in the black.

CriticalAtheist
01.13.2012 , 02:00 AM | #29
Id ask you to do dailys, it looks like thats bioware "makeshift" solution for this, ive heard that hard mode flashpoints will drop significantly more credits in a bit though, probably like 2-3k per boss or whatever.

I can only say that ive been spending time when not raiding lvling alts instead of farming Illum and Belsavis Dailys.
"You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it."

-Sovereign

Artacks
01.13.2012 , 02:09 AM | #30
Basically the guy above you just admitted they were qqing about something 3 days after launch because god forbid they go find anything out for themselves before everyone else releases information for them.