Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Raids, Repair Bills, and Requests for Credits on the loot table

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Raids, Repair Bills, and Requests for Credits on the loot table

Fipps
12.23.2011 , 08:14 AM | #1
My gear is now getting to the point where it is mostly raid epics and oranges with epic mods inside.

On heroic boss attempts last night, my gear went into the red zone. My total repair cost was 63k. The average progression raid will put me into paying this cost twice.

The issue here is that a full boss clear of normal modes does not seem to make the player anywhere near the 60k that 1 repair would cost. Progression will be a huge credit sink for hardcore guilds regardless of this change, but it would be a huge relief if we got some kind of monetary compensation for downing bosses. (10k a boss?)

The problem most of our raiders are having right now, is that doing an operation requires players to sink an additional 2-3 hours outside of raid times to just farm up the credits needed to play the game system we enjoy. For those of us that have full time work/school, this is a very big time commitment.
▌█║▌Nerf Dialogue║█║▌
PVE-Progression-Raiding.

ZeroNeutral
12.23.2011 , 08:40 AM | #2
Let me start by saying that I understand your issue with the current system and I feel your pain.

Yet, I find it sort of interesting that it is a sort of risk vs reward type of scenario you have going there... now you've gone so far, so fast, that limitations within the game are dictating your capacity to do the things that you want to do in the game. You can't afford to raid but you want to raid... very interesting. You need to decide, "Do I progress today, or save for tomorrow?"

I think you'll get over it pretty fast

My only solution for you is to try slicing... 60k is < 2-3 hours of slicing (a raid duration,) and you can do it while you're raiding. Otherwise, spend your time earning those credits so you can maintain your pace.
You gained 5 affection with Xalek.
Xalek: "Nice."

Talorra
12.23.2011 , 10:04 AM | #3
Yep, slicing. I'll tick 30 tonight, and we've set a raid start for a few months from now, so I anticipate being silly rich by then and more than able to cover costs. Prior planning prevents poor performance

I completely understand the rush to log HM kills. I can hardly wait myself. But I aim to be well prepared for the progression before going into it.

And good luck!
M'arik <Intrepid> 16-player Progression The Harbinger
IntrepidOps.com | Live Stream | Recruitment Thread | @Twitter

Fipps
12.23.2011 , 10:05 AM | #4
Hah, we can't all go slicing...We actually use our crew skills to make stuff.
▌█║▌Nerf Dialogue║█║▌
PVE-Progression-Raiding.

EzFlyer
12.23.2011 , 10:14 AM | #5
i hope creds are always hard to come by. i really do.

i find it SO annoying in any game where i have too much $. the more scarce creds are, the more you appreciate them. you have to make decisions. you can't have everything.

Thoffs
12.23.2011 , 10:39 AM | #6
If you have farm credits for 2-3 hours to cover repair costs for the normal deaths incurred in one raid, then that is way too high. I understand the need for credit sinks, but that is ridiculous. And everybody can't be slicers, why have the other crafting options if you are forced down one route for credit farming purposes?

Talorra
12.23.2011 , 12:59 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Fipps View Post
Hah, we can't all go slicing...We actually use our crew skills to make stuff.
Right. I have Artiface and archaeology as well. The stuff I "lost" by dropping treasure hunting is only needed for crafting blues and purples, and I can buy what I need off the market quite easily.

I get what you're saying though, and I am not disagreeing with you on having credits in the loot table. Or a reduced repair cost? But for now, until BW does something, this is a reliable choice.
M'arik <Intrepid> 16-player Progression The Harbinger
IntrepidOps.com | Live Stream | Recruitment Thread | @Twitter

Jurori
01.07.2012 , 04:26 PM | #8
yeah, my issue with the high repair costs is that any basic mechanic of a game (i.e. repair costs) should never inhibit gameplay. The fact that I must either choose slicing or farm credits for hours to perform a basic but essential function inhibits gameplay. I can't use that money to buy things off of the GTN and make things to sell, I can't save up for that new speeder, I can't do anything except wait to see how much I have left after a few wipes. Lower repair costs is the easiest fix I see for this, but I suppose each boss dropping a very generous amount of credits is also fair and would work.

As things are now, it feels like I'm putting in alot of time and effort for the CHANCE to win gear but a guranteed repair bill that will set me back quite a ways unless I chose the ONE profession that makes a ton of money easily (even after the nerf), which is not fair to me or any other player.

MagnumBM
01.07.2012 , 05:09 PM | #9
When you are about to wipe use the good ole' Exit Area. That is how i avoid repair costs!
Karah Serrigan - Lvl 50 Sniper

Carl-Jans Änglar PvE guild on EU server Niman is recruiting good players for our hard/nightmare progress! PM me ingame for more info.

Magdain
01.07.2012 , 05:11 PM | #10
The investment to make money in this game has a high curve, but once you're over the curve you'll have more money than you know what to do with. Do ilum and belsavis dailies for a week (maybe a 2 hour commitment) to build up initial assets, then you'll never be short on credits for anything.

While you're at it, actually use your crew skill. I make 200-300k / day for a 15 minute investments from selling a single discovered implant.
>>Magdain - Sawbones<<
Magz - Seer
Magdainz - Combat Medic
@The Fatman