Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Darth Mickey and Star wars Rebels

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Darth Mickey and Star wars Rebels

SaiyanElite
05.06.2014 , 08:30 AM | #1
The trailer doesn't look awful, I kinda like it. But this is Disney...now I admit, I don't watch Disney, but most networks that market to the younger audiences as far as I know, follow the trope, Never say die to awkward lengths. This is taking place between 3 and 4, and I say this without having watched all the clone wars (just starting) but there is no such thing as a kid friendly war, isn't this about Rebellion? I have this picture in my mind, that Disney is the worst about death in todays world. That being said, I'm morbidly curious about how they are going to go about it.
The Saiyans are a true warrior race, don't underestimate us!- Vegeta

ScarletBlaze
05.06.2014 , 09:38 AM | #2
They also produce adult movies.

Such as:

Thor

Avengers

Captain America

Some of their more notable studios that might interest you are

Touchstone Pictures

Marvel Pictures

http://thewaltdisneycompany.com/about-disney
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Current Guild Roleplay: A Time for Renewal[ https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=...ps/sK3jz376Zu8

SaiyanElite
05.06.2014 , 09:48 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by ScarletBlaze View Post
They also produce adult movies.

Such as:

Thor

Avengers

Captain America

Some of their more notable studios that might interest you are

Touchstone Pictures

Marvel Pictures

http://thewaltdisneycompany.com/about-disney
You are right about that. It's my fault, I should have been more clear. I meant to say Disney Channel. Isn't Disney XD geared towards 13 and under something like that? Those movies you mentioned, to my knowledge hasn't been aired on Disney channel.

BIG_M
05.06.2014 , 10:00 AM | #4
Disney XD is aimed at 6 - 14 year old's no different from cartoon network really.

source http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disney_XD
Harbinger Midian
Arach Allrianne
Krezlarz
Tarhi

SaiyanElite
05.06.2014 , 10:12 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by BIG_M View Post
Disney XD is aimed at 6 - 14 year old's no different from cartoon network really.

source http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disney_XD
True, but Disney has always seemed the safer of the two. I can't recall anything as demented as Courage the Cowardly dog on Disney. For the record, I am not intending any hate towards Disney. Though I refuse to see Mickey Mouse as anything other than a Dark Lord of the Sith.

sell-dog
05.06.2014 , 10:30 AM | #6
Powerpuff Girls was on Cartoon Network yet this didn't seem to hinder TCW in anyway. Just because a channel targets a certain age group doesn't mean that they won't divide the interest of the age group into subcategories (or even break the age groups down further) and make shows to satisfy each subcategory. When you watch Mark Hamill in the OT are you thinking of the Joker or just seeing his character Luke Skywalker? I'm confident when the show begins no one will be thinking of Mickey Mouse or Donald Duck during the Rebels' episodes.

At the end of the day, we (fans) literally have no control over the content that will be in Rebels or Ep VII. So we may as well be optimistic or indifferent in the meantime instead of Negative Nancies
"What's the difference between hot and cold doughnuts?"
"The difference is: cold ones I can eat 8, hot ones I can eat 48!"

Wolfninjajedi
05.06.2014 , 10:32 AM | #7
Rebels is gonna be on XD, the 1st one hr episode is gonna be on Disney Channel and then after shift to XD. Relax, XD has shown more better shows, such as the Marvel ones.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Kaisernick
05.07.2014 , 08:09 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by SaiyanElite View Post
The trailer doesn't look awful, I kinda like it. But this is Disney...now I admit, I don't watch Disney, but most networks that market to the younger audiences as far as I know, follow the trope, Never say die to awkward lengths. This is taking place between 3 and 4, and I say this without having watched all the clone wars (just starting) but there is no such thing as a kid friendly war, isn't this about Rebellion? I have this picture in my mind, that Disney is the worst about death in todays world. That being said, I'm morbidly curious about how they are going to go about it.
have u not seen UP or lion king disney may be evil but their stance on kids and death is worse, always cry over there death scenes.

ImmortalLowlife
05.07.2014 , 11:03 AM | #9
The shows creators have already said "rebels will not be as dark as TCW". I honestly don't have high expectations for rebels, sooooooo I'm going in expecting it to be bs & hoping to be pleasantly surprised.
"There is no Light Side...There is no Dark Side...there is only The Force..."

Server: The Shadowlands/ Guild~The Elite Imperial Guard & Order of the Light~

marcelo_sdk
05.07.2014 , 02:47 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by ImmortalLowlife View Post
The shows creators have already said "rebels will not be as dark as TCW". I honestly don't have high expectations for rebels, sooooooo I'm going in expecting it to be bs & hoping to be pleasantly surprised.
But the producers has also said that it'll go to dark places. TCW wasn't totally dark, there were episodes that were totally aimed toward childs, this is obvious on the first two seasons, but even in the finals, anyone forgot the Droid Squad?
THE SHEPARD LEGACY

Master Goldrinn Shepard [Human Jedi Guardian] | Darth Saeros [Cyborg Sith Jugg.]
Erendis Barsen'thor [Human Jedi Shadow] | Darth Kamul [Zabrak Sith Assassin]