Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Recommended Augs for Concealment? (PvP)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Scoundrel / Operative
Recommended Augs for Concealment? (PvP)

Hearst's Avatar


Hearst
05.05.2014 , 12:34 PM | #1
Again, coming back to the game after a long period of time (particularly with this character), and I'm having a bit of trouble finding consolidated, reliable info for Concealment Operative at 55.

Should I run Cunning augs?

snave's Avatar


snave
05.05.2014 , 03:37 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Hearst View Post
Again, coming back to the game after a long period of time (particularly with this character), and I'm having a bit of trouble finding consolidated, reliable info for Concealment Operative at 55.

Should I run Cunning augs?
Yes. We get 9% extra cunning from talents and 5% from the Mark of Power buff which makes cunning slightly more valuable than straight power.

Eternalnight's Avatar


Eternalnight
05.05.2014 , 04:47 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by snave View Post
Yes. We get 9% extra cunning from talents and 5% from the Mark of Power buff which makes cunning slightly more valuable than straight power.
While the essential part of this response is correct, yes you should use cunning augments, the rest is misleading.

It is also claiming that the 9% talent is what makes cunning more valuable. This is not entirely true. Cunning augments would be slightly better even without it (not as much but still). The truth is that main stat augments seem to be better for all dps specs of all classes, both those that have a 9% main stat talent and those that do not have any.

One could say without a 9% talent 1 main stat is worth about 1.1 power, and with a 9% talent 1 main stat is worth about 1.2 power.

Haystak's Avatar


Haystak
05.06.2014 , 08:46 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Eternalnight View Post
While the essential part of this response is correct, yes you should use cunning augments, the rest is misleading.

It is also claiming that the 9% talent is what makes cunning more valuable. This is not entirely true. Cunning augments would be slightly better even without it (not as much but still). The truth is that main stat augments seem to be better for all dps specs of all classes, both those that have a 9% main stat talent and those that do not have any.

One could say without a 9% talent 1 main stat is worth about 1.1 power, and with a 9% talent 1 main stat is worth about 1.2 power.

The difference is negliable for power vs mainstat as far as damage goes. You just lose some crit. In either case it doesnt really make a significant difference either way. If you are at the point where you just tweeking for max efficiancy your probably going to go for main stat. If your jonesing for a high hit, you go with power, but its really only going to change the damage by about 300 damage(maybe 400 for a concealment).

The 9% talent and the 5% class buff do affect the outcome, as without them mainstat falls behind a lot more in terms of raw output compared to power.
60s Scoundrel,Sage
55s Everything else