Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

List of minor things that would make the game a bit more... realistic

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
List of minor things that would make the game a bit more... realistic

Brainiacblue
05.05.2014 , 10:59 AM | #1
I sometimes struggle to immerse myself in the game bacause of the odd little thing that happens that reminds me that this is a game, and not in the 4th wall breaking kind of way. So here is a list of hopefully minor things that can be done to make the game feel more real and more alive.

-Hitboxes that match objects (I have always wondered what sort of wall penetrating material speeders are made of)
-A little bit more random dialogue (Hutta felt real because people talked, not just awkwardly stood near eachother)
-A bit of rain/snow (how that snow on Alderaan has stayed there for so long I have no idea)

These are the only two I can think of right now but I am sure there are more... so suggest away! Try to make these SMALL THINGS.
HK-47: Master, I am not totally illegal, I am only slightly illegal.
Revan: What's the difference?
HK-47: Why Master! It's about 20 years! A significant time for you pitiful meatbags. Not that I feel pity, master.

Lunafox
05.05.2014 , 02:52 PM | #2
The small thing that bugs the devil out of me, that would help is not having twins and triplets of npcs hanging about. They're all freaking identical! They could mix up the appearances of the npcs a bit better.

Surely if they're going to have 3 dudes standing together, they could atleast make them look different, or be different species.
My debut novel ETERNITY AWAITS available now!

Kain_Turinbar
05.05.2014 , 02:54 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
The small thing that bugs the devil out of me, that would help is not having twins and triplets of npcs hanging about. They're all freaking identical! They could mix up the appearances of the npcs a bit better.

Surely if they're going to have 3 dudes standing together, they could atleast make them look different, or be different species.
Haha, I noticed this too. They didn't really use many different faces for the NPCs. When I first started the Makeb storyline with my Jedi Knight I picked all the flirt options with the main female NPC just out of habit because she looked so much like Kira Carsen.

Fyyl
05.05.2014 , 04:18 PM | #4
Let me choose whether I want my hood over my head or not on my jedi.

Lunafox
05.05.2014 , 04:48 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Kain_Turinbar View Post
Haha, I noticed this too. They didn't really use many different faces for the NPCs. When I first started the Makeb storyline with my Jedi Knight I picked all the flirt options with the main female NPC just out of habit because she looked so much like Kira Carsen.
Yeah, they do recycle characters faces alot, but when there are only so many to choose from...and at least half of them are 'kill it with fire' ugly...it doesn't leave alot of options lol.

Deewe
05.05.2014 , 06:57 PM | #6
This topic reminds me a lenghty post I made long time ago:
  • The little things that tickles you while playing.
  • Taxi cost is 10 times the space ship fuel cost to go from one planet to the other
  • You can have Sith corruption on non force user characters
  • Your ship leaves the planet when you speak to the door* (enters it).
  • We can Holocom from anywhere but not manage emails the same way nor even browse the GTN either. So much for an advanced civilization.
  • We can force choke or nut kick droids or even force slap turrets.
  • Most Sith choices are about greed or fame.
  • Texts display of dialog choices too often does not fit the spoken lines
  • Using a lift pops up a select destination when there's only one,
  • Non force user companions can also combat jump with as good skills
  • Melee characters needs to keep running between mobs without a boost to compensate the needs to do so versus ranged characters.
  • We find rare crystal nodes and artifacts in the open next to main roads.
  • There's no distinctive icon for all various resource nodes
  • There's no scale consistency on the maps
  • You "can" fly over a planet but you have a fog of war on the world map
  • Taxi use the exact same route for return travel meaning you always hit someone else coming from the same direction.
  • A one foot rock will stop your hovering speeding bike like you hit a wall
  • Falling down from 6 feet on a hovering speeder bike will hurt your character.
  • You can't force jump or use jetpacks without actually attacking something
  • Realistically speaking It's impossible to fight with the shoulder flaps
  • Companions always gets in your way
  • Name tags are always on top of all others graphics and there's no hot key toggle
  • It's faster to dismiss and summon your companion than to heal it
  • Managing mods between the character and companions requests you to write them down on a sheet of paper.
  • You can't deactivate a saber blade in combat would you like it to
  • Your companions can sell grey stuff but they can't sell anything else
  • Gear vendor prices aren't written in your inventory
  • Can't on click equip an item to a companion nor compare gear to non summoned companions either
  • Mobs and NPCs standing still. They are lifeless. Just standing there, chilling and doing
  • nothing.
  • Any NPC can request a Sith lord (you) to sweep the floor for them
  • A Moff emails you a few hundreds credits as reward... for saving a planet/the galaxy...
  • Officers instead of grunts wears ammo bandoleer
  • Trading with a vendor does not open inventory tab by default but last used one
  • Some light weapon based weapons have recoil and Sniper animations include working a bolt action on the rifle, even though it doesn't need to chamber a new round.
  • On taxi rides you are in the driver's seat but can't do anything.

Actually most of this made me cry at the time, now I don't care anymore and even laugh about some of them.

Andryah
05.05.2014 , 07:21 PM | #7

-------> Clone tech was alive and well way back in the timeline we are playing in. And honestly... random scrubs standing around are perfect for placements of clones IMO.
sayonara SWTOR. I will miss the game, I will miss many players, I will NOT miss being lied to and deceived. I will not miss rookie level mistakes of epic proportions.

OddballEasyEight
05.05.2014 , 10:28 PM | #8

Check out that cantina on coruscant... It seems to be made up almost entirely of twins and triplets.

I mean; I get it. It's a quick and easy way to do it.
But at least mix it up a bit and put one of the twins in the other end ofthe cantina...

I blame a rushed schedual and launch. They most likely were meant to be placeholders but they never got around to changing them.
Apparantly I have multiple accounts. And apparantly I argue with myself on those accounts.
http://www.swtor.com/r/6S24xq free stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZ-...roj4L9Q/videos my blaster sound videos.

Reno_Tarshil
05.05.2014 , 10:34 PM | #9
Realism in a video game?
Supposed Member of "The Forum Apologist 5!" According to "The Reno_Tarshil Forum Fan Brigade!"
Quote:
I like Tacos.
http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free Tacos.

Lunafox
05.06.2014 , 02:01 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
-------> Clone tech was alive and well way back in the timeline we are playing in. And honestly... random scrubs standing around are perfect for placements of clones IMO.
LOL, yeah, but you'd think when they're in a pub, they might want to move about and mingle with other groups of scrubs. Guess they're a bit xenophobic lol.