Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is this Game Canon

t-darko
05.05.2014 , 04:20 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
I don't remember anything like that. Link?
If u take the time and watch 'A new Hope' when Luke, after being attacked by sand people, and follow Ben Kenobi (Obi-Wan) to his hut, where Ben present Luke with his fathers Lightsaber, Ben tells of a time before the Empire, the time of The Old Republic, when Jedis in thousands watch over and preserved Peace across the galaxy*. The Jedi Purge as Sidious takes control marks the end of the Golden Ages of The Old Republic**.

*1977, A New Hope
**2007, 'Jedi vs. Sith, The Essential Guide to the Force' Red. Windham, R. , Copyright, Lucas Film Ltd

Aurbere
05.05.2014 , 04:33 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by t-darko View Post
If u take the time and watch 'A new Hope' when Luke, after being attacked by sand people, and follow Ben Kenobi (Obi-Wan) to his hut, where Ben present Luke with his fathers Lightsaber, Ben tells of a time before the Empire, the time of The Old Republic, when Jedis in thousands watch over and preserved Peace across the galaxy*. The Jedi Purge as Sidious takes control marks the end of the Golden Ages of The Old Republic**.

*1977, A New Hope
**2007, 'Jedi vs. Sith, The Essential Guide to the Force' Red. Windham, R. , Copyright, Lucas Film Ltd
I am aware of the quotes. I do own every release of the movies. What I was contending was that there is a quote referring to the actual Old Republic era, not the Ruusan Reformations.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

ZahirS
05.05.2014 , 04:50 PM | #13
Actually SWTOR now forms part of Legends and does quality as part of canon.

Alec Guiness quote, posted after me wasnt tied to Russan Reformation because he specifically talks about the time period SWTOR takes place in.

Thats not in the New essential guide to the Force.

DarkAngelRiku
05.05.2014 , 04:58 PM | #14
Actually the game is in a huge grey area, it's not known if it's canon or not. Keep in mind in Jennifer Heddle's tweet when asked about the videogames specifically she said not to take what she says about them 100 percent just yet since they're a huge grey area, especially TOR since it's an ongoing project

Aurbere
05.05.2014 , 05:10 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by ZahirS View Post
Actually SWTOR now forms part of Legends and does quality as part of canon.

Alec Guiness quote, posted after me wasnt tied to Russan Reformation because he specifically talks about the time period SWTOR takes place in.

Thats not in the New essential guide to the Force.
Did it ever occur to you that Ben Kenobi was maybe, just maybe, referring to the time not even two decades prior? He was referring to the events from the Ruusan Reformations to the events of Revenge of the Sith.

Also, considering the release date of SWTOR and the Essential Guide to the Force, I'm 99% positive that SWTOR would not be referenced by that particular book (which I own).

I'm quite certain that nothing prior to the Ruusan Reformations/New Sith Wars is referenced in the movies.
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

ZahirS
05.05.2014 , 05:10 PM | #16
Old Republic>Russan Reformation>Star Wars episode 1

Even if Obi Wan meant the Russan Reformation, everything before is continuity or S-cannon Legends.

Aurbere
05.05.2014 , 05:13 PM | #17
Old Republic>Russan Reformation>Star Wars episode 1

Even if Obi Wan meant the Russan Reformation, everything before is continuity or S-cannon Legends.
We know he did. Stuff like this and the quote from Sio Bibble were cleared up a very long time ago.

ZahirS
05.05.2014 , 05:18 PM | #18
We know he did. Stuff like this and the quote from Sio Bibble were cleared up a very long time ago.
You dont understand,

Old republic was a term used to classify KOTOR era, Russan takes place after and by then the code changed but thats it, Old republic was mentioned in the movies hence cannon.

SWTOR>Russan Reform in cannon level.

Aurbere
05.05.2014 , 05:24 PM | #19
You dont understand,

Old republic was a term used to classify KOTOR era, Russan takes place after and by then the code changed but thats it, Old republic was mentioned in the movies hence cannon.

SWTOR>Russan Reform in cannon level.
/facepalm

No, I... no. I honestly don't know how to deal with so much wrong.

Kilikaa
05.05.2014 , 05:31 PM | #20
/facepalm

No, I... no. I honestly don't know how to deal with so much wrong.
Just ignore him. He will argue that what he says is right no matter how many facts you present that prove him wrong. let the guy spout his nonsense and allow him to show what kind of fool he is. Not worth your time and energy, not to mention mental stability, to argue with him. You can't fix stupid.