Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Darth Maul Vs. Malgus & Vindican

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Darth Maul Vs. Malgus & Vindican

Trixdope
05.04.2014 , 11:17 PM | #1
TPM Maul vs Malgus and Vindican as seen in the swtor "Return" trailer.

Who would win?

Sadishist
05.05.2014 , 12:36 AM | #2
Under the Rule of Two, the standards for being a Sith Lord was much higher.

S_W_LeGenD
05.05.2014 , 05:54 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Sadishist View Post
Under the Rule of Two, the standards for being a Sith Lord was much higher.
In the reconstituted ancient Sith Empire, standards for being a Sith Lord were arguably highest. Training procedures were extremely harsh and competition was cutthroat, only select few would make it to the top.
My favorite Star Wars book: Star Wars: The Old Republic: Encyclopedia

My favorite Star Wars character: Vitiate

Beniboybling
05.05.2014 , 06:02 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by S_W_LeGenD View Post
In the reconstituted ancient Sith Empire, standards for being a Sith Lord were arguably highest. Training procedures were extremely harsh and competition was cutthroat, only select few would make it to the top.
For making it to the top perhaps, but to become a Sith? You don't require a great deal of ability.

On the other hand only the elite were even considered by the Rule of Two, the training they underwent was just as brutal and they had superior tutors. Most of their members are easily above 95% of the Sith in the Sith Empire.

EDIT: In regards to the debate, the odds are certainly against Maul and he's not at his strongest - that said I think he could take down Vindican and maybe defeat Malgus, but more often that not he would lose to the latter.

If this were TCW Maul however I'd say he would win.

Wolfninjajedi
05.05.2014 , 08:41 AM | #5
Maul, he has way better physicals, speed, strength, dueling ability, than Malgus has shown up to that point and certainly Vindican, even TPM.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Beniboybling
05.05.2014 , 09:27 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Maul, he has way better physicals, speed, strength, dueling ability, than Malgus has shown up to that point and certainly Vindican, even TPM.
I think Malgus could win out with Force powers however, Maul does wield Juyo.

Aurbere
05.05.2014 , 09:31 AM | #7
Well, Maul is one of the deadliest and most highly trained Sith in the history of the Sith Order. He also has defeated quite a few renowned swordsmen. However, he's not exactly up to snuff when it comes to Force abilities. That will probably end up doing him in if one of his opponents resorts to such attacks.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Wolfninjajedi
05.05.2014 , 09:48 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
I think Malgus could win out with Force powers however, Maul does wield Juyo.
Malgus didn't really show any force ability as of Return, whereas Maul at least as of TPM has shown some force ability. At any rate, Malgus doesn't show to be very powerful in using The Force at that point in time. Besides most battles come down to straight dueling, unless one of the combatants completely outclasses the other in Force prowess which isn't the case here.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

S_W_LeGenD
05.05.2014 , 09:57 AM | #9
Malgus was already among the greatest of Sith warriors at the time of retaking of Korriban. And Vindican is a Sith Inquisitor. I don't think Maul can take these two.

Spoiler

---

Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
For making it to the top perhaps, but to become a Sith? You don't require a great deal of ability.

On the other hand only the elite were even considered by the Rule of Two, the training they underwent was just as brutal and they had superior tutors. Most of their members are easily above 95% of the Sith in the Sith Empire.

EDIT: In regards to the debate, the odds are certainly against Maul and he's not at his strongest - that said I think he could take down Vindican and maybe defeat Malgus, but more often that not he would lose to the latter.

If this were TCW Maul however I'd say he would win.
Don't get me wrong, Rule of Two lineage produced some of the highest quality Sith in the mythos but these Sith didn't face cutthroat competition that was norm in reconstituted ancient Sith Empire to prove their mettle. Rule of Two Sith were much luckier, IMO.

Reconstituted ancient Sith Empire had internal mechanisms in place to ensure production of highest quality Sith in comparison to any other Sith Order of the mythos.

Spoiler

Spoiler

After becoming Sith, an individual could plan his ascension to the Dark Council but competition for this objective was absolutely cutthroat:

Spoiler

Reconstituted ancient Sith Empire have produced some of the finest Sith in the mythos. However, these Sith don't have same level of hype as the Sith of Rule of Two, acknowledgement bias I guess.
My favorite Star Wars book: Star Wars: The Old Republic: Encyclopedia

My favorite Star Wars character: Vitiate

Beniboybling
05.05.2014 , 10:10 AM | #10
The competition and backstabbing prevalent throughout the Sith Order acts as more of a weakness than a strength, after all the Rule of Two was created to prevent this from happening, because what it inevitably leads to is the weak banding together and taking down the strong, or otherwise undermining their power - corrupting the whole process.

I mean how many advancements in the Sith Empire do we actually see that are the product of strength? Few.

Other than that it only serves to weed out the weak, it doesn't contribute to one's mastery or knowledge over the Force. Which because power amongst the Sith is coveted, fought over and therefore diluted, ends up lacking.

I mean seriously, the number of weaklings in the Sith Empire holding the Lord or Darth title is staggering. They place too great an emphasis on manipulation and cunning as opposed to strength in the Force, and are inferior as such.

Overall, the Order of Sith Lords has a much higher percentage of deserved Sith Lords and their average power level is superior to that of the Sith Empire, not taking into account the Sith Emperor of course. They are therefore better.