Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Say chatter bug

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

tanerb
05.27.2014 , 10:28 AM | #41
Not enough devs to look at bugs. That is the problem. They need more people

Zerak
05.27.2014 , 11:14 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by TaitWatson View Post
Hi all,

We understand your frustrations with this bug and its impact on gameplay, and it is right at the top of the list of things we're looking into. Unfortunately, I still don't have any status change for you - we are still looking into it, but there is currently no ETA for a fix.

As soon as I hear anything, I will let you all know.

-tait
Might be an idea to do a bit of a reform to the chat system in the process, make /me and /y crossfactional as well? I'm sure the RP community would appreciate it!
Zerrak Utharr
The Qorit Network

vuedange
05.27.2014 , 12:18 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by I-Win-Button View Post
Thanks for the update. It's good to know that the issue isn't being ignored.

That said, we have been going for several weeks now with little to no word on a bug with what some of us consider to be a major feature (perhaps even the main feature). So, while the acknowledgement is appreciated, I don't think I'm alone in thinking that it could have come a little sooner.

With that out of the way, thanks again for the update and please do keep us up to speed with the issue. I know for a fact that many of us would like to know when a fix is on it's way as soon as Bioware does.
I'll echo this sentiment. Thank you so much for finally giving us some hope on this issue, even if there's no fix in sight yet. But yes, it would be nice to not go more than a month without such encouragement.

That being said, as this bug seems to be mysterious and hit and miss for some people and some locations and some times, is there anything we, the players, can do to help you, the developpers, get more data to help fix this bug? If so, please just ask or let us know what specifics we can be paying attention to when it happens and when it doesn't happen.
Begeren Colony Roleplayer
Sol'ange Vuedange, Chérub'astra Vuedange, Séraph'astra Vuedange, Thyana, Zurshufis
Stell'ange Vuedange, Maeiv/Kaeilyn, Minnette
Célest'ange Vuedange, Feudange

Aalya_Ardinn
05.27.2014 , 02:11 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by TaitWatson View Post
Hi all,

We understand your frustrations with this bug and its impact on gameplay, and it is right at the top of the list of things we're looking into. Unfortunately, I still don't have any status change for you - we are still looking into it, but there is currently no ETA for a fix.

As soon as I hear anything, I will let you all know.

-tait

Thank you for letting us know this issue is on someone's radar at least.
This and the inability to see who is online in the various custom channels - and sometimes not even be able to see when someone posts are huge negative impacts in our ability to play with our friends. When the community goes, so do a lot of people (and paying customers)

Fevee
05.29.2014 , 06:13 PM | #45
At least in Begeren Colony, while in proximity to the enemy faction. /Say doesn't work.

Kingrami
05.30.2014 , 01:03 PM | #46
Problem:
1. Say chat doesn't work when multiple players from each faction are around
2. 1 imp or 1 pub surrounded by two or more of opposite faction results in /say being invisible to the one that typed the text. The other faction players may or may not see the message.

Solution(temporary solution at the very least)
1. 1 player from each faction can talk in say chat no problem AS LONG as the rest of the faction players from both sides are beyond 40 meters from the where the convo is taken place.

2. Yes so basically be 40 meters away and select 1 player from each of your groups to rp 40 meters away to work around the bug lol

OR JUST FIX THIS HORRIBLE THING events have been hurt badly on our server =/

woodcan
05.31.2014 , 04:03 PM | #47
While I'm not an RP'er and I am on a PvE server I will say that not having a /say functioning is quite annoying especially in Warzones for the good old "gg" and such or even when a spontaneous Open-world PvP event occurs.
Flesh Sawbones Scoundrel Jedi Covenant

Soulfire
06.02.2014 , 04:44 PM | #48
Overall, I have never seen this level of poor customer service and dev attentiveness to essential, base-gameplay issues, in my 14 years of gaming. And the game finally developed a bug that made playing how I prefer impossible.

/Say has been broken for OVER A MONTH, with no ETA for fix.

There has been next to no communication from Bioware regarding this broken, essential feature to any MMO. Dev & CSR teams in other current games keep players constantly abreast of such massively troubling bugs and issues via twitter & social media. Yet the best they can tell us, after OVER A MONTH of a bug that kills a core system, is that there is still no ETA. They give us no detail or explanation as to what is being done, nor straight apology for the community destroying inconvenience it is causing whole server groups that have been loyal to their game for it's duration.

In one month's time, the sizable (50+ active) roleplay community I am a part of has shrunk, easily, by half. No one bothers logging in anymore because we cannot communicate with each other reliably in game. Twelve & counting weekly cross faction events, core community sustaining events we have been holding religiously for two years, have had to be cancelled or moved out of game.

The game is already thin in content and social support and niceties to begin with, but when they remove the ability for players to support their own in-game social content, they shoot themselves in the foot.

Or in this case, the pocketbook.

I refuse to pay for a game where I cannot reliably communicate with all of my friends.

I refuse to pay for a game where two short notes of 'No ETA' is considered enough attentiveness over five weeks, to entire communities who are watching their friends disappear daily, because they cannot socialize in game anymore.
Eohlwyn Soulfire
Born of Tyrena, Corellia on Valcyn.
Dancer ~ Spy ~ Rebel ~ Roleplayer

Niryy
06.02.2014 , 09:46 PM | #49
It seems like there should be *some* sort of ETA. This month? Next month, next year (in which case many people will have left the game).

dacentabaal
06.03.2014 , 02:09 AM | #50
Just to add to my original report:

Tried some cross faction RP between my sage and my friends Mercenary, it went well-ish when another faction member didn't get within 45 meter range, but there were still problems, sometimes when we typed to each other we couldn't see at all what we said, so in our minds we kept tabbing up the convo and resending it but on the other players end they were receiving it multiple times, luckily we were both logged in Skype trying to keep tabs and found this out early enough.. but like most we kept typing (test) when our chatter wasn't showing, yet the test typing always went through no problems.. strange
█]╬╬╬╬╬╬(۝)ǁ█خ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)
http://www.swtor.com/r/sdFwY8