LOS-ing

Cerinia

LOSing doesnt seem to work for all skills. I cast snipe, the target runs around and my cast bar breaks, makes sense.

But when someone channels an ability and I run around a corner, it still hits me. Shouldnt the channel ability break just like when I cast mine?

LOSing doesnt seem to work for all skills. I cast snipe, the target runs around and my cast bar breaks, makes sense.

But when someone channels an ability and I run around a corner, it still hits me. Shouldnt the channel ability break just like when I cast mine?

It's lag, you could have anywhere from 0.1 - 0.5 seconds lag between you and him. The servers calculate but you can expect some delay when exchanging data to and from you and your target.

Im playing at 100ms. And I completely run around the corner or jump down. If it is lag, then my cast ability should go through as well if his telekenetic throw still does damage to me.

There's delay and there's travel time.

No player ability can cast through walls.

A channel may tick on you through a wall due to delays in updating position but not for long

A cast may hit you behind cover if they finished it before position updating agreed that you had broken LOS. Due to travel time on certain projectiles it can catch up with you a long way from the attacking player.

Well it seems to me that Telekenetic Throw goes through everything Ive been hiding. On the top pipes in Quesh Huttball, goes through walls on Coast bunkers. I already cant spam my auto attack but they still getting through. And not really travel time cause they are literally in front of me. Edited by Cerinia

It's also why bullets bend around a pillar to hit you. :p

*jump from middle level of qushball*

*land on bottom level and start to run...*

*teleported to middle level as marauder lands on me and starts to ravage*

Alternatively, if I'm casting a heal on someone? LOS will always break that. It's wonderfully consistent with heals.

Edited by MCaliban

Yeah it is lag, I managed to curl a lightsaber throw around a pillar the other day ;)

Just make sure you run a bit further around the corner and run sooner!