Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So how about that chat bug fix?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
So how about that chat bug fix?

AnaniasShepherd
05.16.2014 , 07:47 PM | #11
Bumping for solidarity!

When the community kept bothering you about sittable chairs, you guys found a way to make it happen that, honestly, was better than the original request.

Now there's a bug that takes a -critical- part of the game away and there's no sign at all on a message saying that you guys have kept at it? Come on... I want to be able to talk to my friends again!

Niryy
05.16.2014 , 09:31 PM | #12
So I'll bump this once ot twice a day until there is a fix or response.

Galladhwen
05.16.2014 , 11:45 PM | #13
Bump!!

Please fix this!

I-Win-Button
05.17.2014 , 08:25 AM | #14
Still waiting for this fix. Like it or not, this is an important part of the game for roleplayers that's been left broken for weeks.
Look, I don't come here often but when I do, it's because I think that what I have to say is going to be worth it. Therefore, I'm asking you to at least give the post a cursory glance before moving on with your life.
~That person on the internet.

recoveringgeek
05.17.2014 , 08:44 AM | #15
Adding my support to the wealth of requests already here.

We do love your game BioWare, and of course we are all here to play in the Star Wars sandbox, but it is the community and the ability to craft our own stories that keeps us here. We need reliable, uninterrupted communication in-game to do so. Otherwise, we can do what role-players do, find a table (virtual or otherwise), toss some dice and start playing.

All of us who have already posted here want to keep playing at your table. Please help us do so.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.

Sincerely,

- recoveringgeek
Jaade, Scoundrel and grizzled old-timer on Begeren Colony
~
If you don't Like A G6, then Roll A D6

halosavior
05.17.2014 , 09:52 AM | #16
The Ebon Hawk player and role player reporting in, please fix this bug!
The Ebon Hawk
Vivek
The Seventh Virtue, PvE-RP
EH Community, Server community website featuring weekly RP scenes.

Sidenti
05.17.2014 , 09:58 AM | #17
You know, if I were a CSR reading through this thread and some of the extremely childish, demanding comments?

I'd let y'all twist in the wind too. Try being less demanding and more proactive.

Or keep doing this. Whatever. I ain't here to tell ya what to do. Just point out that it's not working. -bp

(PS: Demands to fix a bit of code that include threats to cancel subscriptions rarely, if ever, work because the threatening party almost never actually cancels their subscriptions. Just a free tip.)

tracyleah
05.17.2014 , 10:15 AM | #18
I'm going to throw in my added support to absolutely everything that's already been said here. It is utterly game breaking for many people; for myself personally and several friends who literally only subscribe to this game to roleplay.

I will add my thoughts on how utterly appalled I am that this continues to be an issue going on three weeks now, and there has been extremely minimal response from any official dev teams or anything of the like. A little transparency wouldn't kill you, may well make you a whole lot more trustworthy of a company, even... Just sayin'...

So yes. Get this fixed first and foremost, and short of that? Give us a *********** response on the matter, at the absolute least. Because otherwise there is no point in buying subscription and coins for a game that can't be played the way a player intends to.

Sidenti
05.17.2014 , 10:28 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by tracyleah View Post
I'm going to throw in my added support to absolutely everything that's already been said here. It is utterly game breaking for many people; for myself personally and several friends who literally only subscribe to this game to roleplay.

I will add my thoughts on how utterly appalled I am that this continues to be an issue going on three weeks now, and there has been extremely minimal response from any official dev teams or anything of the like. A little transparency wouldn't kill you, may well make you a whole lot more trustworthy of a company, even... Just sayin'...

So yes. Get this fixed first and foremost, and short of that? Give us a *********** response on the matter, at the absolute least. Because otherwise there is no point in buying subscription and coins for a game that can't be played the way a player intends to.
Yeah, it's almost like they're actively testing a soon-to-be-released new patch or something...

But yeah! Having them drop all that just to come down here and say "OMG SHUT UP WE KNOW AND WE'RE WORKING ON IT" would be far more productive. Right?

No, seriously. This is getting ridiculous, gang. /emote still works, right? If so, use that. If not, use Teamspeak or something. THERE ARE WORKAROUNDS WHILE WE WAIT.

I brag on the quality of this community quite a bit, but seeing stuff like this - the empty threats, the petulant anger, the apparent need for constant reassurance and updates from On High - is embarrassing.

Stop.

Think.

And for Chrissakes, stop with the threats to cancel subscriptions. If you're gonna do it, don't talk about it. Just do it. It makes the people issuing said threats look awfully pedantic. (I know. I did it too when I was a kid. I got laughed at and ignored, just as what is likely happening here.)

It's not the end of the world. Relax. (And don't be the one who starts crying about having to use a workaround temporarily. That's not a conversation any of us want to have.) -bp

Khalhazar
05.17.2014 , 10:43 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Sidenti View Post
No, seriously. This is getting ridiculous, gang. /emote still works, right? If so, use that. If not, use Teamspeak or something. THERE ARE WORKAROUNDS WHILE WE WAIT.
For RPers, this bug is about cross-faction and shared-space roleplay. Emote cannot be seen by the opposite faction, so it isn't a viable workaround. 3rd party sites and forum RP are a stopgap solution that pulls players out of this game and into others.

I brag on the quality of this community quite a bit, but seeing stuff like this - the empty threats, the petulant anger, the apparent need for constant reassurance and updates from On High - is embarrassing.
I'm sorry you feel that way. I see a lot less petulant anger here than you get in the average PvP rebalancing discussion. I see a bunch of (mostly) mature players whose core mechanic is broken. For RPers, being unable to communicate with the opposite faction in-game is akin to a warzone-crash bug or an immortal-boss bug.

And for Chrissakes, stop with the threats to cancel subscriptions. If you're gonna do it, don't talk about it. Just do it. It makes the people issuing said threats look awfully pedantic. (I know. I did it too when I was a kid. I got laughed at and ignored, just as what is likely happening here.)
TOR is entertainment. Good, high quality entertainment, but entertainment we pay for. If service is interrupted, it's reasonable to consider one's economic options.

Now, the RP community may be so vanishingly small that losing our combined subscriptions wouldn't even tickle Bioware. That *is* a possibility, in which case it's perfectly reasonable (albeit in poor taste) for them to laugh at and ignore this complaint. But honestly, I think they are behind us already. I have a higher opinion of them than you seem to have. I think they care about this issue and want to fix it, but need to justify the developer time.

Dev time is a scarce resource. The only way to justify developer time is economic triage. The more support we give for fixing this issue, the more likely it'l get fixed. (Of course, we've been asking for chatlogs for 2+ years now, which makes you worry a bit about the complexity of the chat system and how much visibility these sorts of issues get.)

(And don't be the one who starts crying about having to use a workaround temporarily. That's not a conversation any of us want to have.)
No, we really don't; especially not with someone who doesn't understand the workarounds and why they aren't working, or even particularly around. :-)
Semah Valerian <Some Sith and a Spy> | Juggernaut | Begeren Colony