Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So how about that chat bug fix?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
So how about that chat bug fix?

Ihlrath
05.03.2014 , 08:24 PM | #1
Whenever 2 or more people of opposing factions are near one another, spatial chat (local /say) stops working. The problem resolves itself if the members of the opposite faction move away from one another. To have this happening on RP servers is the worst place to have it happen. It's destroying any sort of cross faction roleplay. The fact it's been going on a week with not even a hint or a post about a fix is beyond unacceptable.

You have a product here that many of us pay for monthly, not to mention buying packs and cartel coins. You went to a three week maintenance schedule which already leaves trying to run Ops in that third week near impossible due to bugs and glitches. And now a chat bug you said you have fixed but now seem to be ignoring the fact that whatever you did actually made it worse.

I've been with this game since pre-launch as a subscriber and I must admit this has actually brought me to reconsider my status as a subscriber and Guild leader. The lack of response and perceived lack of giving a **** about a major, major problem has pretty much made up my mind about renewal coming up here.

Very, very disappointed in the lack of response and action on this.
"Many Bothans died to bring us this information."

"...... Awesome."

Soulfire
05.15.2014 , 10:35 PM | #2
Bump, Posted my concerns on this in two other threads.

This bug is single-handedly killing roleplay communities, because we cannot communicate cross faction for RP.

It is a GAME BREAKING BUG for this paying subscriber, and I am reluctant to renew if this continues much longer.
Why should I bother playing your game if I cannot TALK TO MY FRIENDS.
Please fix it ASAP.
Eohlwyn Soulfire
Born of Tyrena, Corellia on Valcyn.
Dancer ~ Spy ~ Rebel ~ Roleplayer

JaceColton
05.16.2014 , 12:29 AM | #3
As one of the community leaders for Begeren Colony RP server, I would like to note that this chat bug is having an extraordinarily negative impact on my fellow players and our community events. As a fan of SWTOR who has bent the ear of the developers at last year's SDCC Community Cantina with many of our server's questions and concerns, I understand that you guys have a lot on your plate and we fans can't always get what we want. As a subscriber who is more than happy to pay his hard-earned money toward an awesome MMO, I find it intolerable that this issue has been poorly addressed, let alone fixed in a timely manner.

This is not a vanity plea for new/better armor. This is not a demand to insert a fan-favorite part of the EU into future content. This is a very strong request for you to fix an integral part of the online experience - communication with players within the game through chat channels - that has remained broken for too long.

I would like to believe this issue is being addressed within the SWTOR offices, and that the process of elimination is getting your programmers closer to a fix that can be implemented post haste. I would like to believe that, but I would much rather hear what progress has been made so far so we, your subscribers, will KNOW that the problem is being resolved.

I, and your other loyal customers who are experiencing doubt and little to no confidence that their game is being fixed, await your reply, SWTOR team.
"The bigger the galaxy, the sweeter the homecoming."
--Corellian proverb
Co-founder of The Smugglers Coalition, Guild Leader of The Akar
Begeren Colony RP Server

blingdenston
05.16.2014 , 12:38 AM | #4
I have just encountered this bug on a relatively low-population night on Tython of all places...not even in the midst of a cross-faction chatocalypse. I am deeply displeased with this prevalent and apparently unavoidable disruption of my play experience, and wish to communicate my annoyance and impress upon the Dev Team my strong desire that this error be rectified with all due alacrity. I have faith that my and my fellow subscribers' words will find an eager ear amongst our QA team and that we'll have the game we so enjoy back sooner than later.

Zaxuku
05.16.2014 , 09:00 AM | #5
Honestly, I do a bit if training and PvP and things, but I use the game mainly to RP. If the RP is failing because of this chatbug, then I am essentially paying for nothing. I hate to be the rude one who cuts straight to the point, but if this isn't fixed soon, i really have no reason to keep subbing.

I have been subbing for ages. Because I love this game, and want to help support it. I want to believe that the people making it care about my player experience, that as players with an issue, our voices are being heard.

Please fix this issue. It has been over a week now, and a lot of us are effected by it. At least offer an update on the situation. Then perhaps we can at least understand why it is taking so long?
Aolanni, Reithan, Zharko | Phrixos, Lakesh, Xayide
Begeren Colony RP Server

Sirolar
05.16.2014 , 12:48 PM | #6
Actually it's getting close to three weeks now...

Any kind of official response would be appreciated at the moment. A[n actual working] fix would be great, but... yeah, weekend and all that. I don't get my hopes up.

Niryy
05.16.2014 , 01:11 PM | #7
Come on, Dev's. The RP community are your most dedicated players and subscribers. We will be here long after others tire of the game and go to some other new game that has come out. Fix the chat problem, PLEASE!

Thank you.
Sely,Begeren server (and others - among multiple servers)

Kyrrant
05.16.2014 , 01:55 PM | #8
What everyone else has said.

This is a major disruption of our play, and thus far all we've seen in response is a nebulous "We're aware of the issue", no indication of what sort of priority a fix for this is being given, or what sort of progress is being made. It's hard for us to not assume that, like most other things, this is not being treated like a serious issue.

I will say, without question: If this is not fixed with the next update, and there is no information about what is keeping the fix delayed, I will cancel my subscription. RP is the only thing keeping me in the game at this point, and there's no reason for me to keep giving you money if you do not do the bare minimum of support for RP.
Begeren Colony RPer
Orell Legacy
(...yes, we do exist...)

extrastella
05.16.2014 , 05:10 PM | #9
I don't have much else to add besides the fact I spend a stupid amount of money on this game (seriously, go look at my transactions if you can) on the packs and the CC market items and the unlocks and the sub etc... Fact of the matter is, If I only subbed to do pve/pvp, I would spend way less RL money on packs and cosmetic unlocks.

I'm pretty sure that what feels like a lot of money per month to me is insignificant to EA/BW, but the fact of the matter is this chat bug is the first thing that has seriously made RPers like me reconsider whether this game is at all tailored towards it. It's a pity, considering how rich the story is relative to other RPGs. I would really appreciate any kind of acknowledgement that a fix is in the works and is being prioritized. The housing announcement makes me want to stay subbed until its release (at least) but if the chat bug isn't fixed in a timely fashion, RP events will suffer. <b>If the RP events keep getting cancelled as they are right now due to the bug, there won't be a reason for me to stay subbed til August or whatever, house or no house. </b> Fewer people attending community-hosted RP events means fewer people excited to log in after work/school/whatever. It means I'm less emotionally and financially invested in this game.

Please do something about this bug that is killing RP.

Blauu
05.16.2014 , 05:18 PM | #10
So uh.... Fixing this would be nice.
Parjai par aliit Bes'uliik!
Join Clan Bes'uliik on Begeren Colony!