Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Operative healer Dread Master gearing

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Scoundrel / Operative
Operative healer Dread Master gearing

Baynard
05.03.2014 , 02:40 PM | #1
As my guild and I are gearing ourselves out in Dread Master gear from NiM DF, I felt I really needed to take a look at stat allocation and gearing to maximize efficiency in the gearing process. In HM, we could run on 3rd and 4th alts to get extra mods and enhancements to min/max our mains. However, the difficulty of nightmare prohibits us from bringing a less than optimal composition with any hope of clearing in a timely manner.
So I decided to take a look and see how well I could gear myself out from the minimum amount of NiM token drops.

OP healers are actually pretty lucky when it comes to NiM tokens. We benefit from both crit and alacrity, which abound in the token drops. I came to the realization that we can come VERY close to being absolutely min/maxed from just one full set of token drops, and no extra pieces.

I updated my AMR profile to reflect my current gear status, and updated the wish list to reflect what I will be once we have completed our gearing from NiM DF/DP.

You can find my AMR here-
Zippityzeebop's AMR Profile

I thought people might want to take a look at it if they are interested in optimizing their operative healers. I am also interested in what some of the other top-tier endgame OP healers think about my build.

Some notes on my AMR profile-
The GEAR section is what my gear is currently at (May 3rd, 2014)
The WISHLIST is what it will be after fully geared from NiM DF/DP
The relics are accurate. I know some people prefer the Ser assault relic to the BA, but I carry both, and sometimes switch between the two depending on the fight. I find myself using the BA more often in NiM content, though. Operatives don't have many CDs that boost healing, and we all know that while the SA may add more healing overall during the duration of a fight, healing isn't about raw numbers, it's about getting the heals where they need to go when they need to go there.
If a piece of gear is still in it's Dread forged/Dread Master shell, that means it is unchanged from the way it was when purchased from the vendor. As you can see from this, I am able to use every piece from every token drop in DF/DP NIM.

Final numbers when fully Dread Master geared:

CUN- 3985 +558 Bonus Healing, +9.82% Tech Crit Chance
PWR- 1383 +235 Bonus Healing (Total Bonus Healing 1270)
CRT- 429 +7.64% Tech Crit Chance (Total Tech Crit Chance 31.46%)
ALA- 510 Channel, activation, and GCD speed bonus, 8.67% Energy Regen 6.5/s
SUR- 510 Critical multiplier 73.81%

These numbers look pretty good to me, damn close to optimal. I feel like the crit rating might be a little high, but with that much surge, I think it's necessary. The alacrity is right where I want it to be. Well above the magic 450 mark. In dread forged gear, your options are 5 or 6 alacrity enhancements, for 470 or 564 rating respectively. I had 564 because I liked the feel of the extra speed, but in this next gear tier, I was able to drop to 5 enhancements for a very respectable 510 ALA and a boost to SUR, which gave me more leeway to add more crit. I think Im gonna be very happy with this setup.

Let me know what you guys think, and feel free to ask any questions.
Beezy, I miss you already brother.

Kadjunga
05.05.2014 , 03:06 AM | #2
Actually, you could try farming the first boss (and if you have the lockout) the third boss for some off-gear pieces and more tokens to use for quicker min maxing since those fights you can take a bit "misgeared" alts along and still easily beat em.

We usually have half the raid on mains for nefra. Kill it, relog and kill it again with the other half and then move over with the full team to draxus (one person relogs to a pt dps for the lockout) and then we can do the same trick on grobthok. Yes it takes more time, but provides a much quicker way of getting all the implants and enhancements.

TACeMossie
05.05.2014 , 06:35 AM | #3
You forgot to include the Dread Masters Field Medic's Chestpiece :P

It comes with the same type of mods/enhancements as what you have in your current chestpiece, but a tier higher!
Kwerty, Level 65 Vanguard/Powertech on The Harbinger

3.0 Guides: Vanguard DPS Guide | Powertech DPS Guide
4.0 Guides: Advanced Prototype | Pyrotech

Baynard
05.05.2014 , 10:54 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by TACeMossie View Post
You forgot to include the Dread Masters Field Medic's Chestpiece :P
No I didnt. you're looking at my current gear page. the wishlist is what I will have when fully min/maxed.
Beezy, I miss you already brother.

TACeMossie
05.05.2014 , 11:07 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Baynard View Post
No I didnt. you're looking at my current gear page. the wishlist is what I will have when fully min/maxed.
Yeah... I forgot that existed. It didnt help most of your gear was Dread Masters stuff though
Kwerty, Level 65 Vanguard/Powertech on The Harbinger

3.0 Guides: Vanguard DPS Guide | Powertech DPS Guide
4.0 Guides: Advanced Prototype | Pyrotech

Orderken
06.20.2014 , 03:25 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Baynard View Post
These numbers look pretty good to me, damn close to optimal. I feel like the crit rating might be a little high, but with that much surge, I think it's necessary. The alacrity is right where I want it to be. Well above the magic 450 mark. In dread forged gear, your options are 5 or 6 alacrity enhancements, for 470 or 564 rating respectively. I had 564 because I liked the feel of the extra speed, but in this next gear tier, I was able to drop to 5 enhancements for a very respectable 510 ALA and a boost to SUR, which gave me more leeway to add more crit. I think Im gonna be very happy with this setup.

Let me know what you guys think [...] .
This looks spot on in every respect.

I recently released a model for Operative PVE healing, which you might wish to use. A link to it is in my signature. It's meant to be viewed in Excel. You can personalize the EHPS data on worksheet "Boss Fights" using one of your NiM DF or DP raids. At the moment, the data is from a pre-2.8 NiM DF that I healed on my Operative.

My model suggests that having one more item with Alacrity than Surge is preferable to an even split, but this is a minor. Regarding Critical, my model suggests that Critical > Power even with one more piece with Critical than you have. So, you need not be concerned that your Critical is too high.
Orderken, <Hates You>, Prophecy of the Five

Guides and Model for Healing
Sorcerer / Sage / Mercenary / Commando / Operative / Scoundrel

Waspflow
07.08.2014 , 03:06 PM | #7
Very Nice guide
Irregularity LØS
100% OPS // Dread Master 2.10 // Gate Crasher 2.8
"But I'm a Sniper"-Slirk