Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[OFFICIAL] - No server forums will be implemented

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
[OFFICIAL] - No server forums will be implemented
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

mjblowers
12.23.2011 , 07:55 AM | #2
Well - there's at least one thing they didn't copy from WoW.

Ninaran
12.23.2011 , 07:57 AM | #3
That's... a bad decision imo.
The Force won't help you now...

Syrra
12.23.2011 , 07:58 AM | #4
Disappointed if they don't do it. It helps build community on the server, but I'm sure servers will just make their own if they want to.
"Though I am not naturally honest, I am so sometimes by chance." -- William Shakespeare.

Skeelol
12.23.2011 , 07:59 AM | #5
What a joke.

LoL-K-Noob
12.23.2011 , 07:59 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Ninaran View Post
That's... a bad decision imo.
A cheap one too

Malphas
12.23.2011 , 08:00 AM | #7
That kind of stinks. I was hoping they'd have server forums

Senden
12.23.2011 , 08:03 AM | #8
This will cost them subscriptions in the long run and could potentially threaten the RP community. Terrible terrible terrible decision, it's the most basic of mmo survival features to try and build community together. That entire article was the biggest load of PR BS i've ever read.. pull your fingers out bioware, take a look at how people's "unofficial server forums" are going.. it's a F-A-I-L.

I've lost faith in BW's ability to handle an MMO anyway. Fantastic single player game with semi decent warzones and the flashpoints aren't bad but so many little decisions like this is having a huge effect on the bigger picture for me.

Syas
12.23.2011 , 08:05 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Senden View Post
This will cost them subscriptions in the long run and could potentially threaten the RP community. Terrible terrible terrible decision, it's the most basic of mmo survival features to try and build community together. That entire article was the biggest load of PR BS i've ever read.. pull your fingers out bioware, take a look at how people's "unofficial server forums" are going.. it's a F-A-I-L.

I've lost faith in BW's ability to handle an MMO anyway. Fantastic single player game with semi decent warzones and the flashpoints aren't bad but so many little decisions like this is having a huge effect on the bigger picture for me.
Seriously? People are going to cancel subs over no server forums? The percentage of players who actually visit the forums at all is crazy low compared to actual players, reason states that some of those wouldn't bother with server forums.

Bioware made their decision and while I am disappointed by it, they make a completely valid point. Stop pretending the sky is falling and go troll for more ERP.
Thall | Combat Medic ||| Kannus | Kinetic Shadow
Dars'yl | Immortal Juggernaut ||| Sudor | Concealment Operative
Ebon Hawke

DirtyScience
12.23.2011 , 08:09 AM | #10
That sucks. Had quite a few events planned for our server and now it's going to be a lot harder to get everyone together without it.

They need to do something, I feel like this is killing the sense of community on every server.
Steam: Bause
Beta, Founder, Collection Edition sucker, ect.