Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Flashpoints with story?


Slecnaztemnot's Avatar


Slecnaztemnot
05.03.2014 , 07:54 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by venomlash View Post
The Jedi Prisoner story arc (Taral V and Maelstrom Prison for the Republic, Boarding Party and The Foundry for the Empire, in that chronological order) has some of the best story in the game. I also like:

-Directive 7: it's basically Animal Farm with droids.
-Battle of Ilum and its sequel The False Emperor: an attempted revolution within the Empire puts them and the Republic at odds with a common foe determined to carve out his own territory.
-Kaon Under Siege and its sequel The Lost Island: Star Wars editions of, respectively, Left 4 Dead and Resident Evil.

I also recommend The Eternity Vault, the first operation featured in the game. It's got its own self-contained storyline, it's got some fun mechanics (though with level 55s running around there's not much challenge in it any more), and it has a really cool final boss.
Thanks, that what I was looking for, I will look into them.

Slecnaztemnot's Avatar


Slecnaztemnot
05.03.2014 , 07:54 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by ImmortalLowlife View Post
What server are you on? My guild regularly runs FP's and rarely spacebar thru them.
I am on the Red Eclipse...

Slecnaztemnot's Avatar


Slecnaztemnot
05.03.2014 , 07:56 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaos_KidSWTOR View Post
Why are you playing the Flashpoints for story anyway? they are just a conduit for leveling faster and grinding out gear in endgame, you should be playing you class' story for the story, not Flashpoints...
I am playing class story, I just wanted to know if I am not missing anything about the story if I skip Flashpoints.

Gidrea's Avatar


Gidrea
05.03.2014 , 10:08 AM | #14
After you finish your class story, you will receive a quest called "Crystal Ball" (forget what it's called for Imps) that takes you to Ilum. This questline involves two flashpoints, Battle of Ilum and False Emperor. Both are part of the story.
Gidrea / Sallah / Starinna / Mädison / Randava / Lexä / Procaffeincia - The Harbinger
Shock and Jawa / Full Metal Jawa - The family you choose, not the one your parents stuck you with! Join us and be a Jawa!

Imposiable's Avatar


Imposiable
05.03.2014 , 04:38 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Gidrea View Post
After you finish your class story, you will receive a quest called "Crystal Ball" (forget what it's called for Imps) that takes you to Ilum. This questline involves two flashpoints, Battle of Ilum and False Emperor. Both are part of the story.
Name of the Imperial Storyline to begin is "First Strike". If you enjoy story, I would highly suggest doing your flashpoints with a group of like-minded people. There are plenty of guilds willing to help you run through content and help you gear for them in the process!
SWTOR Founder 12/31/11 - Retired Guide of <Phalanx>
"No game of dejarik can be won without pawns... and this may prove to be a very long game." ~ Kreia

redfurry's Avatar


redfurry
05.05.2014 , 08:53 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by venomlash View Post
The Jedi Prisoner story arc (Taral V and Maelstrom Prison for the Republic, Boarding Party and The Foundry for the Empire, in that chronological order) has some of the best story in the game. I also like:

-Directive 7: it's basically Animal Farm with droids.
-Battle of Ilum and its sequel The False Emperor: an attempted revolution within the Empire puts them and the Republic at odds with a common foe determined to carve out his own territory.
-Kaon Under Siege and its sequel The Lost Island: Star Wars editions of, respectively, Left 4 Dead and Resident Evil.

I also recommend The Eternity Vault, the first operation featured in the game. It's got its own self-contained storyline, it's got some fun mechanics (though with level 55s running around there's not much challenge in it any more), and it has a really cool final boss.
Very good suggestions. A bit more detail:
- For most of the Flashpoints, to get the full story you have to talk to the flashpoint courier (usually a droid on Fleet or a questing planet), and then talk to your Flashpoint Authority (Satele or Malgus) on the FP entrance on Fleet. Group Finder skips these steps.
- To get the full storyline for The Jedi Prisoner and the Empire equivalent, it is specially important that you pick the courier mission, because there is a significant amount of story before the first FP, in between, and after the second one.
- Same with the Tion Hegemony storyline (Kaon and Lost Island). Besides, the reward for the storyline arc is a pretty awesome (for level 50) weapon.
- As mentioned, to get the most out of the story for Battle of Ilum and False Emperor FPs, you have to do all the lum storyline first.

I am also on Red Eclipse BTW and do not mind to watch cutscenes. What is your character's name?

Slecnaztemnot's Avatar


Slecnaztemnot
05.05.2014 , 12:14 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by redfurry View Post

I am also on Red Eclipse BTW and do not mind to watch cutscenes. What is your character's name?
Well, I have 8 characters... I am not sure what level you have to be to play these flashpoints, since I haven't really played them. (well, I only played Esseless and Black Talon) I have 41 lvl Sentinel, 45 lvl Sniper, 29 lvl Commando and some others at lower levels (usually level 20 or so) My sentinel is Raiyi, my sniper is Alwari and my commando is Zyii

redfurry's Avatar


redfurry
05.05.2014 , 01:08 PM | #18
Right! Taral V and Boarding Party are around level 34, and their followups for level 38. All 4 have a level 50 Hard Mode. Directive 7, Battle for Ilum, False Emperor, Kaon Under Siege and Lost Island are for level 50.

I guess none of your characters are a very good fit right now, but the Sniper and the Commando are close.

Slecnaztemnot's Avatar


Slecnaztemnot
05.05.2014 , 01:12 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by redfurry View Post
Right! Taral V and Boarding Party are around level 34, and their followups for level 38. All 4 have a level 50 Hard Mode. Directive 7, Battle for Ilum, False Emperor, Kaon Under Siege and Lost Island are for level 50.

I guess none of your characters are a very good fit right now, but the Sniper and the Commando are close.
Thank you. Well, then I will level some more and we will see...

Luneward's Avatar


Luneward
05.05.2014 , 01:32 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Slecnaztemnot View Post
Well, I have 8 characters... I am not sure what level you have to be to play these flashpoints, since I haven't really played them. (well, I only played Esseless and Black Talon) I have 41 lvl Sentinel, 45 lvl Sniper, 29 lvl Commando and some others at lower levels (usually level 20 or so) My sentinel is Raiyi, my sniper is Alwari and my commando is Zyii
Esseles/Black Talon: 10-14
Hammer Station: 15-19
Athiss: 19-24
Mandalorian Raiders: 23-29
Cadamimu: 28-33
Taral V / Boarding Party: 31-35
Maelstrom Prison / Foundry: 34-40
Colicoid Games: 40-45
Red Reaper: 44-48
Directive 7: 47-50
Siege of Illum and False Emperor: 49+
Lost Island and Kaon 50+

That's a very rough guideline of recommended levels and when you can queue up for all of the flashpoints.
Steelwind / Kaillen * The Ebon Hawk