PVP - Jug/Guardian + Sorc/Sage

chosonman

Excuse me but is this combo supposed to be as OP as it is? I've seen several matched both arena and WZ where two players team up, one as Jug/Guardia and Sorc/Sage and face roll the other team. Granted they hit has hard as a nerf bat but in Arena where the other team doesn't have a healer they can basically claw the other team to death buy guarding and healing forever. In regular WZ just the 2 of them can guard a node all day even with 6 or 7 enemies around since they never die. If this is a L2P issue I'd like to know what the strategy is to kill this combo.

The whole point of having a healer and a tank is to help carry the team with their pure utility. If you had a healer and tank on a team and they provided no positive impact, who would want to be a healer or tank?

Excuse me but is this combo supposed to be as OP as it is? I've seen several matched both arena and WZ where two players team up, one as Jug/Guardia and Sorc/Sage and face roll the other team. Granted they hit has hard as a nerf bat but in Arena where the other team doesn't have a healer they can basically claw the other team to death buy guarding and healing forever. In regular WZ just the 2 of them can guard a node all day even with 6 or 7 enemies around since they never die. If this is a L2P issue I'd like to know what the strategy is to kill this combo.

A healer/tank combo can maybe take on 4 enemies, but not 6-7. I play a Vanguard Tank a lot and while they are hard to take down, they still can be forcused. Usually the best way to take out this combo is to seperate the 2 from each other and focus on one. Guard has limited range, so its often hard for the tank to always stay close to the healer. It's a hard combo to beat. Pvp isn't supposed to be easy. Tanks/healers are a good counter to the mega dps classes that run around.

It's not easy to separate them since they usually join as premades. If you want to talk about a real nightmare sceneio add one more healer to the mix and then it's just becomes stupid. The tank just switch guard to whichever healer gets focused on and the healer just double stack heals on each other. You can pretty much forget about capping a node in that case. It's gets even more fun when both teams are stacked the same you just have a stalemate and can throw all strategy out the window. Focusing on one target doesn't work. The game is way more fun when players can be killed. Edited by chosonman

The biggest problem is people think that tanks can't die. If you cc/interrupt the healer and focus the tank he will not be able to stay alive. If you only focus the healer that is guarded you are playing into the combo's hands.

Healing is a problem in this game because you can kill people in one global, quicker if u get lucky on relic procs and crits.

I've seen way worse on voidstar when they had 2 tanks and 4 healers it was impossible to plant the bomb. This is more a matchmaking issue.

Completly ignore the jugg/guradian and focus the healer, stun/intterupt every cast he puts out and he will go down ******y split. if he superbubbles then go for the jugg/guard until his super bubble breaks. rinse and repeat.

^this. Mark the healer and tell in chat to hit the mark . 4 dps will get even a guarded healer to god bubble in seconds. Once the healer is down the jugg should be at @ 40% from the guard dmg as long as you interrupt the heals and without heals he's as good as gone.

Edited by Lanzend

Good ones can.

yes they can..unrated ACW me and my pocket sage just go snow and delay the enemy cap for ages..it usually ends with 6 players to shut us down while our team caps mid and our natural..

BUT it's any healer+tank composition..just need two good players..

yes they can..unrated ACW me and my pocket sage just go snow and delay the enemy cap for ages..it usually ends with 6 players to shut us down while our team caps mid and our natural..

BUT it's any healer+tank composition..just need two good players..

Yep pretty much the same thing happens every time when I see a Healer/Tank handcuff. It's one of the most frustrating things to play against when you're on the other time. Once this catches on you'll see stalemates all day long. It's already almost the case now a day you see sages/sorc, jugg/gardians in every reg WZ. I also don't get why the few hardcore ranked player come into these forums and try to shoot every suggestion down because it will hurt ranked arenas. Who cares about ranked arenas? It's killing regular WZ. There are only a handful of hardcore player who play ranked. It looks like EA/BIOWARE is trying their hardest to make it into an E-SPORT while killing regular PVP.

Yep pretty much the same thing happens every time when I see a Healer/Tank handcuff. It's one of the most frustrating things to play against when you're on the other time. Once this catches on you'll see stalemates all day long. It's already almost the case now a day you see sages/sorc, jugg/gardians in every reg WZ. I also don't get why the few hardcore ranked player come into these forums and try to shoot every suggestion down because it will hurt ranked arenas. Who cares about ranked arenas? It's killing regular WZ. There are only a handful of hardcore player who play ranked. It looks like EA/BIOWARE is trying their hardest to make it into an E-SPORT while killing regular PVP.

Same thing just because you don't know how to get around it doesn't mean it's the end of regs. What the hardcore pvper's are saying is that is possible to do with the right type of focus fire. We don't need the game to be dumbed down anymore than it already is.

Healing is a problem in this game because you can kill people in one global, quicker if u get lucky on relic procs and crits.
Globaling is in the game because healing is such a problem.

It's one of the most frustrating things to play against when you're on the other time.
Except once you kill their dps, they're not much of a threat. Edited by Ansultares

So what you are saying is you have to dedicate multiple people to one class type to beat that class type. Sounds fair. I mean they are just worth more than other classes even though there is no limit to how many you can have on a side and no real reason not to have multiple of that class.

So what you are saying is you have to dedicate multiple people to one class type to beat that class type. Sounds fair. I mean they are just worth more than other classes even though there is no limit to how many you can have on a side and no real reason not to have multiple of that class.
Isn't that what you need to do with just about any reasonably geared/skilled player? Especially healers...