Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

[2.8]No sniper surviablity changes or engi buff, yet sorcs & sins are buffed.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
[2.8]No sniper surviablity changes or engi buff, yet sorcs & sins are buffed.

Smuglebunny's Avatar


Smuglebunny
05.02.2014 , 07:13 AM | #21
My sniper is totaly OP and needs no buffs. And has been since launch. Too bad your sniper is so gimped.

Guys, I think (strongest class atm) is so weak and needs buffs. lol.

Always one of these threads. lol

ambitiousapple's Avatar


ambitiousapple
05.02.2014 , 07:19 AM | #22
Sniper Flash Grenade @ 30m should be single target (as it is currently)
Sniper Flash Grenade @ 10m should be AoE (as it was pre-nerf)

Until our roll is fixed so it doesn't rubberband you back to your origin position reliably, we have severely limited effective escapes against anti-knockback cooldowns (shroud, hydro overide, unremit)

MM is currently the strongest solo Q spec, since it has white damage burst in-line or slightly below decep, lightning and arsenal (all 3 of which have less-mitigatable yellow damage burst, some of which is not even casted). The fact that bads complain about MM's burst (like, 10k ambush if crit, 3.5k SoS ticks if crit? No 100% crit chance on these so who knows what RNG will provide) without considering the 12k chain lightnings, 10k lightning strikes, 12k deathfields, 12k mauls, 9k discharges, 5k + 12k tracer+heatseakers combos is laughable.

**** it, I wish I could throw down a ambush-sized burst without a cast bar too. No need to worry about LOS, invis, defletction, force bubble etc... Sounds like heaps of fun.

The problem isn't getting interrupted (hunker down solves that), rather that the AC is so simple and predictable that it's easy to counter. If you aren't LOS'ing or popping DCD's on ambush and series of shots, you probably shouldn't be in the solo Q to begin with.

Until something is done about Snipers in solo Q, it will continue to be a case of "blow everything you can as quick as possible before you get globalled" or "kite to stall as long as possible, and hope your team is competent enough to drop an enemy before you go down".

Thanks to the ranked 4's Q bug, I've gone F2P and will continue to only log on when people want to do ranked 4's. Solo is a waste of time when all you see is vengeance, decep, pyro and cheesey hybrid sorcs in solo.


---

TLDR: too much guaranteed burst provided by other classes due to offensive CD's. too little ways to defend against it in contrast to sniper casted abilities. bugs with our kiting ability continue to hamper survivability.

Smuglebunny's Avatar


Smuglebunny
05.02.2014 , 07:20 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Hialot View Post
Solo ranks are not for snipers at all.
No mobility, Med armor. Pt's/Van, merc/commando, jug/Guard dps all do the same or higher bursts with full mobility and heavy armor= crap survivability for a sniper in any arena...

A Sniper must be on a team with a special kind of healer to even attempt Solo RWZ's because they will always be the first target. IMHO they need Higher burst than any heavy armor class plus a temp immunity like Hydraulic Override's or force shroud.

Too many times have I been focused n dead before out of the first set off cc's have me white bar to release.
ok Whenever im in an arena they focus me first unless there is a sorc. BUT I KNOW THEY ARE GOING TO!!

SO thats a pretty big advantage I'd say, knowing exactly what the other team will do?
I stay in back, I ROLL up to enemies putting on temporary entrench. Then I cc 2 yes 2 people by rooting a melee and flashbanging a rDPS. Then I commence to burn down the weakest of the other 2 while immune to CC. Then the other, while the other 2 wake up, I STILL have cc immunity cuz it lasts 23 freaking seconds. A melee comes up to me I roll away and root, dead. Then we clean up.

Having a sniper or GS on your ranked team is good if your sniper is good. Cuz it allows you to predict the other teams actions. People dont really know how to play snipers and die cuz they never move cuz they think they are a turret.
You can move now that hunker down/entrench continues when you are back in cover. Roll on cooldown, etc. Use your roots and tons of moves that they have...

I played my commando after being a sniper for a while. I feel naked without cover and my huge arsenal of CC and immunity to cc.

BUT HEY, if you guys want a sniper buff I'm all for it. 100%

ambitiousapple's Avatar


ambitiousapple
05.02.2014 , 07:27 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Smuglebunny View Post
ok Whenever im in an arena they focus me first unless there is a sorc. BUT I KNOW THEY ARE GOING TO!!

SO thats a pretty big advantage I'd say, knowing exactly what the other team will do?
I stay in back, I ROLL up to enemies putting on temporary entrench. Then I cc 2 yes 2 people by rooting a melee and flashbanging a rDPS. Then I commence to burn down the weakest of the other 2 while immune to CC. Then the other, while the other 2 wake up, I STILL have cc immunity cuz it lasts 23 freaking seconds. A melee comes up to me I roll away and root, dead. Then we clean up.

Having a sniper or GS on your ranked team is good if your sniper is good. Cuz it allows you to predict the other teams actions. People dont really know how to play snipers and die cuz they never move cuz they think they are a turret.
You can move now that hunker down/entrench continues when you are back in cover. Roll on cooldown, etc. Use your roots and tons of moves that they have...
Great to see you know how HD/Entrench works. You mustn't be a great player if the other team is unsuccessfully trying to CC you out of the equation instead of popping OCD's on you since you just closed the gap for them.

Sounds like the other team might be targeting you 'just because you're a sniper' rather than because you are a known threat to them.

Crysicko's Avatar


Crysicko
05.02.2014 , 08:12 AM | #25
So if any class gets a buff snipers need a buff ?

If anything the class needs to be nerfed into the ground together with sorcs.

Smuglebunny's Avatar


Smuglebunny
05.02.2014 , 11:44 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by ambitiousapple View Post
Great to see you know how HD/Entrench works. You mustn't be a great player if the other team is unsuccessfully trying to CC you out of the equation instead of popping OCD's on you since you just closed the gap for them.

Sounds like the other team might be targeting you 'just because you're a sniper' rather than because you are a known threat to them.
Who said I was a known threat? They ARE attacking me just cuz im a sniper...
and since Im DPS I do have to get within 30m to do anything, if I dont ROLL to the 30m range and just let them come to me I dont get the momentary HD/entrench that goes with the roll.

ambitiousapple's Avatar


ambitiousapple
05.02.2014 , 12:21 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Smuglebunny View Post
Who said I was a known threat? They ARE attacking me just cuz im a sniper...
and since Im DPS I do have to get within 30m to do anything, if I dont ROLL to the 30m range and just let them come to me I dont get the momentary HD/entrench that goes with the roll.
So you're using the roll to 'close the gap' to within 30m between you and the enemy at the beginning of the round?

Rolling to grab 3secs of entrench has to be one of the worst offensive uses of a roll I've ever heard of haha. You take the snipers best kiting ability, and use it to gain 3 extra seconds of a ability you already have off cooldown

diadox's Avatar


diadox
05.02.2014 , 12:27 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Smuglebunny View Post

I ROLL up to enemies putting on temporary entrench
If you get away with doing that against anything but an all ranged team, I seriously have to question the quality of the players you're against.
Rhuarc -- Rhu
The Red Eclipse

ambitiousapple's Avatar


ambitiousapple
05.02.2014 , 12:30 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Crysicko View Post
So if any class gets a buff snipers need a buff ?

If anything the class needs to be nerfed into the ground together with sorcs.
Sure, nerf all burst in the game, and this would be a non-issue. Not just ranged white and yellow damage, but decep maul and discharge, and carnage's gore and force scream too (I've only listed a few examples).

The current meta is failing to account for the new-found reliability of burst featured in this game. It's fine to have huge crits, so long as crits aren't guaranteed more often than not. However, this RNG I refer to is what people love to hate in pvp, so let's keep the reliability and tune down the aggressiveness of the hits instead.

Tune down the Game of Global's which exists right now outside of ranked 4's, and maybe class mechanics and player improvisation/adaptation will actually come back into play, rather than "pop this auto-crit CD and chunk 10-15k"

sauerkraut's Avatar


sauerkraut
05.02.2014 , 01:02 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Aewu View Post
Please tell me who gets focused first the sniper or merc. 9/10 it's the sniper, you can freely kite like a sorc without bubble, you're mobile while I need cover. Even when I play leth(mobile spec) I'm still just a weaker version of you. Mercs need a small defensive buff, but you also don't understand I'm talking about engi.
Lemmy guess!!!!! And now it BW's responsibility to buff snipers until even 4 players can't kill them. Healers were able to feed BW with this crapp and now we have one of the world worst PvP. No, your team mates should defend you not BW.