Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[2.8]No sniper surviablity changes or engi buff, yet sorcs & sins are buffed.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
[2.8]No sniper surviablity changes or engi buff, yet sorcs & sins are buffed.

Groncho
05.01.2014 , 08:36 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by windogie View Post
Yes but you have a flash bang for a reason, shatter shot>target acquired>cover cover pulse+laze target+explosive probe>ambush+instant snipe. That will give you about 16-20k damage up front an they won't have used a defensive cooldown since they were cc'd and it's one hit so it's very effective. Just gotta make sure they have used their stun break before hand.
what?
lol
Pvp is not about getting one target down
Ch
LATIN LOVER
Free Transfer??=

Telaan
05.01.2014 , 08:39 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Aewu View Post
Please tell me this isn't true. Arena is dominated by sorcs, sins, and jugs...now you want to give sniper even more abuse by buffing their anticlasses. I'm not mad, I'm just deeply upset because yesterday I had to retire my engi sniper form arena that I have been playing since season 1.

2.8 class changes was my last hope...but even that is crushed. Please don't say something like "sniper ratings are high"....go look at the servers they are from. So, sorry if you're not on bastion or pot5 then you have so easy.
Jugs are not the anti class to sniper. It's the other way around.
Kype Lightwave/Telaan Lightwave -Pot5- "Pistols' RP Apprentice"
Telaan Lightwave Pre-CU Jedi Knight -JKO- Bloodfin
Master LS/Master Defender/Healing 2xxx/Enhancer xxx3

windogie
05.01.2014 , 11:03 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by PhatMcMuffins View Post
Notice how thats listed under madness? That means that the dot from lightning charge's discharge will do more ovr time. This will not affect discharge for surging charge or dark charge
And to add onto that the percentage of madness spec sins is almost 0 unless of course you offer them the AOE damage potential they require to be viable but other than that they will mostly stay deception.
Lorhah-merc-55
Osishar-sniper-55
Ryshaz-sorc-55
"The wild Okiko hunter"

Crysicko
05.02.2014 , 02:25 AM | #14
roflcopter class tears are the best.

DarthRaika
05.02.2014 , 02:29 AM | #15
Only class I did season 1 on was my sniper and I was over 1500 in under 15 matches. One thing I learned was that in most arenas (there is one where it is very hard on sniper) if the other team decides to focus you then they will pay for it dearly. You have great control and great kiting skills. You can also do great dmg during this period.

You just need to play very differently than you do in regs. Figure out if they are going to focus you before they get to you. Pre-kite them. If your team isn't completely retarded then at least 2 enemies will be dead before you are. Some rounds you will be top dps and kbs by a fair margin and some matches you will be your teams tank. It doesn't matter which way it is it only matters who wins.

alexsamma
05.02.2014 , 03:13 AM | #16
Sniper is tier one dps in team arena, but it struggles in solo queue - most people would be more than willing to be a top dog in the highest level of competition instead of leading the puppy pack...

Hialot
05.02.2014 , 05:01 AM | #17
Solo ranks are not for snipers at all.
No mobility, Med armor. Pt's/Van, merc/commando, jug/Guard dps all do the same or higher bursts with full mobility and heavy armor= crap survivability for a sniper in any arena...

A Sniper must be on a team with a special kind of healer to even attempt Solo RWZ's because they will always be the first target. IMHO they need Higher burst than any heavy armor class plus a temp immunity like Hydraulic Override's or force shroud.

Too many times have I been focused n dead before out of the first set off cc's have me white bar to release.
THE FORCE IS STRONG WITH THIS ONE

windogie
05.02.2014 , 06:25 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Groncho View Post
what?
lol
Pvp is not about getting one target down
That is exactly what pvp is about. Ranked is actually built around single target burst now if you didn't notice. And eng isn't a AOE driven class anymore so what else are you gonna do spam corrosive dart and frag nade?
Lorhah-merc-55
Osishar-sniper-55
Ryshaz-sorc-55
"The wild Okiko hunter"

scylence
05.02.2014 , 06:49 AM | #19
I understand buffing madness for sins.... but Sorcs lol???

Pretty sure sorcs don't need a buff, one of the ONLY ACs where all 3 specs are very viable in arenas, as well as a hybrid (so 4 specs)

Chemic_al
05.02.2014 , 07:12 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by scylence View Post
I understand buffing madness for sins.... but Sorcs lol???

Pretty sure sorcs don't need a buff, one of the ONLY ACs where all 3 specs are very viable in arenas, as well as a hybrid (so 4 specs)
What buff? No change to survivability, no defensive, just a rather pitiful increase in damage to set against the fact that ravage, maul, rail shot etc are all hitting way harder now from bolster. No one is going to stop focusing the sorc as #1 target are they, because they drop like flies under focus.
<Sithhiker's Guide to the Galaxy>
Jung Ma