Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[2.8]No sniper surviablity changes or engi buff, yet sorcs & sins are buffed.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
[2.8]No sniper surviablity changes or engi buff, yet sorcs & sins are buffed.

Aewu
05.01.2014 , 04:18 PM | #1
Please tell me this isn't true. Arena is dominated by sorcs, sins, and jugs...now you want to give sniper even more abuse by buffing their anticlasses. I'm not mad, I'm just deeply upset because yesterday I had to retire my engi sniper form arena that I have been playing since season 1.

2.8 class changes was my last hope...but even that is crushed. Please don't say something like "sniper ratings are high"....go look at the servers they are from. So, sorry if you're not on bastion or pot5 then you have so easy.

EDIT: I'm not talking about a dps buff, snipers are class cannons.

foxmob
05.01.2014 , 04:27 PM | #2
you know...I can pop reactive shield and hydrolic overrides and still be half health before I get within 15m of a sniper. so cry me a river. the white dmg buff you got made your stuff crazy. you cannot be CC'd. you need to take a step back and breathe. your class is fine. if anything it hits too hard. but let's make a deal, dump all that extra dps you got from the white dmg "fix," and you can have another entrench. lord knows, you have such difficulty casting anything.
Krackerjack/Deinon/Antiphon
JC -- Harb -- TEH

Aewu
05.01.2014 , 04:31 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
you know...I can pop reactive shield and hydrolic overrides and still be half health before I get within 15m of a sniper. so cry me a river. the white dmg buff you got made your stuff crazy. you cannot be CC'd. you need to take a step back and breathe. your class is fine. if anything it hits too hard. but let's make a deal, dump all that extra dps you got from the white dmg "fix," and you can have another entrench. lord knows, you have such difficulty casting anything.
Please tell me who gets focused first the sniper or merc. 9/10 it's the sniper, you can freely kite like a sorc without bubble, you're mobile while I need cover. Even when I play leth(mobile spec) I'm still just a weaker version of you. Mercs need a small defensive buff, but you also don't understand I'm talking about engi.

windogie
05.01.2014 , 04:32 PM | #4
Go sniper tank if your having probs with survivabilty my sniper has 40k health with 1396 bonus damage. Only works in eng though.
Lorhah-merc-55
Osishar-sniper-55
Ryshaz-sorc-55
"The wild Okiko hunter"

Aewu
05.01.2014 , 04:34 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by windogie View Post
Go sniper tank if your having probs with survivabilty my sniper has 40k health with 1396 bonus damage. Only works in eng though.
I've done it before it sucks, but why are you settling for less...BW needs to fix this.

windogie
05.01.2014 , 04:35 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Aewu View Post
Mercs need a defnsive buff, but you don't understand I'm talking about engi. Also please tell me who gets focused first the sniper or merc. 9/10 it's the sniper, you can freely kite like a sorc without bubble, you're mobile while I need cover. Even when I play leth(mobile spec) I'm still just a weaker version of you.
Yes but you have a flash bang for a reason, shatter shot>target acquired>cover cover pulse+laze target+explosive probe>ambush+instant snipe. That will give you about 16-20k damage up front an they won't have used a defensive cooldown since they were cc'd and it's one hit so it's very effective. Just gotta make sure they have used their stun break before hand.
Lorhah-merc-55
Osishar-sniper-55
Ryshaz-sorc-55
"The wild Okiko hunter"

windogie
05.01.2014 , 04:36 PM | #7
I've done it before it sucks, but why are you settling for less...BW needs to fix this.
It works for me since I go more bursty than overall damage I just need to survive your onslaught and wait out your CDs then kill you quick. Having the health leeway helps for that.
Lorhah-merc-55
Osishar-sniper-55
Ryshaz-sorc-55
"The wild Okiko hunter"

nitroyoshi
05.01.2014 , 05:14 PM | #8
the part about the sin buff im just gonna tell ya madness sins have been complete worst dps since forever so this is a good buff
Jedi Covenant: ✮Ootar✮ | Ootaria | Lunarios | Heliara | Ootard | Uutar
The Bastion: ✮Photar✮ | Ootar | Ootard
The Harbinger: ✮Uutar✮ | Brotar | Teymari
Mostly Harmless | white girl problems | w/e 10% xp guild i can find

Aewu
05.01.2014 , 07:16 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by nitroyoshi View Post
the part about the sin buff im just gonna tell ya madness sins have been complete worst dps since forever so this is a good buff
discharge is buffed.

PhatMcMuffins
05.01.2014 , 07:50 PM | #10
discharge is buffed.
Notice how thats listed under madness? That means that the dot from lightning charge's discharge will do more ovr time. This will not affect discharge for surging charge or dark charge
<Tihaaroholics>
Qarum - Deal-with'it - Dazkkum - Palpatíne - Eight-six