Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Darth revan vs exar kun who would win?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Darth revan vs exar kun who would win?

Aurbere
05.02.2014 , 10:22 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by S_W_LeGenD View Post
Provide evidence
Play KOTOR and talk to a few of the older Jedi Masters and other characters. They'll tell you. I'm not about to do it because I'm playing through KOTOR 2 at the moment.

And?
And I knew you were going to say Revan would win. That's it.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

S_W_LeGenD
05.02.2014 , 10:43 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Play KOTOR and talk to a few of the older Jedi Masters and other characters. They'll tell you. I'm not about to do it because I'm playing through KOTOR 2 at the moment.
Mate, it is not my responsibility to validate statements not made by me.

Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
And I knew you were going to say Revan would win. That's it.
I believe that Revan is better but this close is contest. Kun can also win depending upon circumstances/factors.
My favorite Star Wars book: Star Wars: The Old Republic: Encyclopedia

My favorite Star Wars character: Vitiate

Aurbere
05.02.2014 , 10:48 AM | #13
Mate, it is not my responsibility to validate statements not made by me.
Then you're just going to have to deal. I'm not going to spend a few hours looking for a few statements in a game.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

sell-dog
05.02.2014 , 11:17 AM | #14
First question, and I mean this with honest intentions and a calm head (of which I am never without ); Have you read Tales of the Jedi and particular Volume 2? Most of the evidence/answers I'm going to provide are in there.

Provide evidence
1. (Aurbree already countered this, not going to restate)

Kun doesn't compares to Emperor Vitiate.
2. I said in terms of innate ability with Sith Sorcery Exar Kun compares with Vitiate. I was not comparing their feats. It is critical to keep in mind that Exar Kun only actively trained in the Dark Side of the Force for 2-3ish years and not 100 years that Vitiate did before the Nathema ritual or the 1000+ years before meeting Revan & Malak and other events of the Great Galactic War period.

Also, during the short time that Exar Kun was the Lord of the Sith, he was VERY active in his war against the Republic. Kun called all the shots and carried out his own missions. Per the information we have at the moment, Vitiate before the Nathema ritual was a reclusive scholar devoting all his time to studying and while he was Emperor, he was the master of delegation only mildly intervening on rare occasion still spending most of his time studying.

Lord Scourge obtained the rank of Dark Lord in Vitiate's Empire then was handpicked to intervene in Nyriss' affairs. Yet even Scourge had never met Vitiate until later. In my opinion, obtaining such a rank and being asked to carry out missions by someone you've never met illustrates the massive delegation that took place. My point being that Vitiate had far more favorable conditions to further his knowledge in Sith Sorcery than Kun did. Despite these less favorable conditions, Kun was able to:
-enslave the Massassi race and create cratures through Alchemy for his army
-insta-killed Odan Urr, a knowledge Jedi Counselor Force based attacks type master, using some Sith spell that is still not understood
-freeze the entire Galactic Senate with another during Ulic's trial and the succeeding dual with Baas.
-sacrifice the entire Massassi race to release his spirit from his body thus to preserve it forever. Kun only began to learn this spell when the Republic began to attack Yavin 4. So he learned this extremely complex ritual quickly and not understanding it completely (as it is stated in the comic) but yet executed it to perfection. If it were not for Nomi Sunrider (extremely underrated) and 10,000, Kun would've been able to do whatever he wanted throughout the galaxy.

I think it is very clear that Kun's innate/natural ability with Sith Sorcery is very comparable to Vitiate.

Evidence?
3. Kun absorbed and redirected & amplified an attack from Aleema Keto.

Evidence?
4. There are Star Wars trading cards out there. I have bought a handful of Sith ones and put them in front of the book they appear on my bookshelf, it looks pretty cool . I have the Darth Revan and Exar Kun cards and on the back it will rate the person's Force Power, Strengh, and a few other categories. Exar Kun rates higher than Dart Revan does (remember the OP is Darth Revan vs Kun, not Reborn Revan vs Kun)

This doesn't takes away from Revan and Malgus; both have extraordinary combat records and are counted among the greatest warriors of the mythos much like Kun. In-fact, Malgus have such resume that it impressed Darth Sidious. In addition, Revan have such resume that it intimidated Malgus.
5. I believe Exar Kun was used as a reference in this jail scene to illustrate the acknowledgement that Kun is more powerful than Malgus and Revan. After all, Revan and Malgus are both BioWare products, Kun is not a BioWare product, the SWTOR game itself is a BioWare product; yet they chose to reference Kun instead of referencing their own product. BioWare couldn't escape the fact that Kun is the man . I am not taking anything away from Malgus and Revan as they are both very powerful to say the least. PS in the Book of Sith, which you are referencing with Darth Sidious, that is more a collection of people with very different views of the Dark Side than a stack of Sidious personnel "Best Sith List".

What is this supposed to mean? I recognize Kun as among the greatest warriors of the mythos.
6. I didn't mean you, but just fans in general can forget/not know of Kun as Kun was created long ways back relatively speaking.
"What's the difference between hot and cold doughnuts?"
"The difference is: cold ones I can eat 8, hot ones I can eat 48!"

Wolfninjajedi
05.02.2014 , 03:18 PM | #15
What did Darth Revan even DO? Because I'm not recalling much from him battle prowess wise, except him fighting against Mandalore the Ultimate which...isn't really impressive when comparing to Kun, I guess you could also count his first fight with Bastila before being mind wiped but...eh...still Kun is better.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Selenial
05.02.2014 , 06:56 PM | #16
Revan was pretty average Saber wise, Kun would overwhelm him pretty easily.
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
CelÚna Mercenary Cathinka Seeliara Sage

Trixdope
05.02.2014 , 07:11 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
Revan was pretty average Saber wise, Kun would overwhelm him pretty easily.
Nowhere has it been said was he average in saber combat. Everything said of Revans lightsaber prowess was that he was the best of his time. Which means he's better than Traya, the exile, master kavar, Malak, bastila, ect.

sell-dog
05.02.2014 , 10:42 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Trixdope View Post
Nowhere has it been said was he average in saber combat. Everything said of Revans lightsaber prowess was that he was the best of his time. Which means he's better than Traya, the exile, master kavar, Malak, bastila, ect.
I think she's comparing Revan against the greatest across all eras when she says average. Revan benefited from his Force Powers which amplified what skill he had with the saber. There is little detail regarding Revan's exact skill and especially the skill of his opponents. When comparing across different eras this information is critical as who we are often comparing are always the best, or near best, of their time.

What is often forgotten is that a lot TOR characters do not have a canon concrete definitive source stating what forms they mastered or other specifics of their battles. Revan, Malgus, and many others fall under this category of characters. Ulic and Exar Kun are the two exceptions but this is in part because they were created 20 years ago. As time passes it's very possible these TOR's specifics will be cleared up. But for now, details such as "master duelist", "powerful and aggressive style" are too vague for this context.
"What's the difference between hot and cold doughnuts?"
"The difference is: cold ones I can eat 8, hot ones I can eat 48!"

-Gorlock-
05.02.2014 , 11:14 PM | #19
Kun easily...

P.S. Im getting sick of hearing Revans name around here.

ZahirS
05.03.2014 , 12:34 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by -Gorlock- View Post
Kun easily...

P.S. Im getting sick of hearing Revans name around here.
Get used to it.

Also Revan was capable of fighting without emotion to trigger his force attacks, mentally Revan was superior to Kun in the rest of his abilities Kun does have some darkside powers, but easily counter by Revan superior Defense