Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Update on the Ship Role in Game Update 2.8

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Update on the Ship Role in Game Update 2.8
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Gavin_Kelvar
04.30.2014 , 04:51 PM | #41
I appreciate the communication.

I will say GSF is the primary thing that got me to resubscribe for early access and keep subscribing so I hope you don't put releasing new maps, bug fixes, and balancing GSF on the backburner. For me anyway those three things are more important than releasing waves of new ships as you can only play the same maps so many times before they get boring no matter what ship you fly.
Aodhán Guilhem
Republic Strike Fighter Pilot
Jedi Covenant

Lendul
04.30.2014 , 05:33 PM | #42
GSF is the reason I came back to SWTOR this is not encouraging news to me at all, but convenient since my subscription that I buy in six month chunks is up in 7 days.
Leader of Grace by Faith
Recruitment Video
May the LORD be with you
Referral Link:http://www.swtor.com/r/tlLm5v

jankiel
04.30.2014 , 05:39 PM | #43
As a GSF addict I must say that this is terrible news. Queue times are getting worse and worse and the only thing that could bring more life into gsf was the new ship. At current state gsf is a bomber-gunship ball, it's getting boring. The 3 tier scouts and strikes are absolute crap. Awful news that made me a sad panda

Quote:
2.8 there are 2 new ship variants coming, a new Gunship and a new Bomber.
Bad, bad, bad. Current gsf is a bomber-gunship ball. Little fun and skill...
Coris of The Progenitor
Mandalorian Hunters & Razorwing

GSF Pilot Master Race

Nickious
04.30.2014 , 05:45 PM | #44
Where the hell were you guys when people were ************ about how GSF was "a waste of time"? If you were having fun but think it needs work, you need to be vocal. Like those PVP and raid fanatics.

jankiel
04.30.2014 , 05:49 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Nickious View Post
Like those PVP.
Because that helped them
Coris of The Progenitor
Mandalorian Hunters & Razorwing

GSF Pilot Master Race

Nickious
04.30.2014 , 05:51 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by jankiel View Post
Because that helped them
Touche I suppose. Still, if you are enjoying something, you need to say so. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Altheran
04.30.2014 , 06:13 PM | #47
You have a weird conception of "healthy state"... Or you're playing favorites when balancing ships.
Spoiler

terzappi
04.30.2014 , 06:21 PM | #48
So, what can we aspect now for the 2.8? A cartel market patch?

Is this the new way of managing patch? 9 weeks uh?

dailus
04.30.2014 , 06:56 PM | #49
I have to chime in my disapointment. I have pretty much abandoned the ground game for GSF. I like others fear this shift signals a shift away from GSF development in general. Gsf is a big part of why I have maintained my subscription. Unless something wonderful happens to replace it my sub will probably end about the time gsf gets stale.
DAILUS: MEMBER
PAXIMPERIUS
Website | Recruitment Thread

LordArtemis
04.30.2014 , 07:35 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

I wanted to give you all an update on the new ship role that Bruce had mentioned previously in his roadmap, slated for Game Update 2.8. Unfortunately, that ship role has been pushed out indefinitely. Not to say it is impossible to be brought in at a future date, but it has been pushed off of our current roadmap.

Certainly the first question to be asked is why? Our roadmap began to shift into a new direction with a high priority placed around both Galactic Strongholds and that other expansion Bruce briefly mentioned before. In looking at our current schedule, we felt that Starfighter was in a healthy state and so by cutting the new role, we could make a better experience for our upcoming expansions.

We definitely realize that this will be upsetting news to players who are big fans of GSF. We don't want you to feel like we are just leaving GSF in the dust in place of other features. Coming in GU 2.8 there are 2 new ship variants coming, a new Gunship and a new Bomber. I know it isn't as exciting as a whole new role but we want you to know we are still dedicated to expanding GSF, like all of our game systems.

Thanks everyone!

-eric
Ok. You guys have made some good calls and some questionable ones in the last year or so, more good ones than bad IMO. So personally I can give you the benefit of the doubt on this one...not that you need my approval of course.