Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Update on the Ship Role in Game Update 2.8

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Update on the Ship Role in Game Update 2.8
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

HobbesToo
04.30.2014 , 01:27 PM | #21
While I could be politically correct with my first response, let me get this out of the way first.

God-&^%$-damn-it. Not only have you postponed this ship class indefinitely, you also removed it from the roadmap, so no release in 2014. Nice try to throw a bone with the 2 last ships, that's all we need in the maps, more gunships and bombers with the same abilities that are already available in game.

Now with that out of the way, I want to say thank you for giving us pilots this information, it may not be what we / I want to hear, but it's honest.

TUXs
04.30.2014 , 01:43 PM | #22
GREAT decision Eric! I commend you guys for adjusting your roadmap after mentioning it...that takes a certain amount of courage when it comes to telling the community, but it was most certainly the correct and wise choice!

Thank you for the fantastic communication! I appreciate posts like this more than I can tell ya.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here [FREE server transfer being a key perk!!])

Arkerus
04.30.2014 , 01:50 PM | #23
I think a stealth type ship would have been a monster to balance anyway.

Probably the right call to make.
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY

DawnAskham
04.30.2014 , 01:51 PM | #24
News that says the limited development budget allotted to the game isn't going to be spent on some space PVP mini game I don't play is welcome news to me.

One thing I would love to see would be some sort of participation metrics showing how players (and especially subscribers) spend their game time between different types of content.

My assumption is that GSF participation is limited to a very small portion of the player base, and thus any investment in GSF over other portions of the game enjoyed by a broader base would make little sense.

BrianDavion
04.30.2014 , 02:18 PM | #25
any chance you can retroactivly remove bombers too eric?

SammyGStatus
04.30.2014 , 02:21 PM | #26
Could you inform the players about what you consider "a healthy state" for GSF? Just would like to know the metrics that BW bases it's perceptions on, because a lot of the community seems dismayed :/ A little bit more information may make the GSFers feel a bit better about some pretty horrendous que times.

Pushing back expansions is always better than rushing! Thank you for your comments!
Renegade-One / Leggogurl / Aimbot / Even'ess / Status

ZETA_SCORPII
04.30.2014 , 02:34 PM | #27
I just want to pilot a spaceship around the galaxy and explore without waiting in queue or worrying about the CoD generation trying to improve their kdr and blowing me up every 5 seconds

DarthVengeant
04.30.2014 , 02:56 PM | #28
Great news to me. I am one of the people that thinks GSF is garbage, it could have been good were it not for the horrid controls, but some people enjoy it. I am not one of them. There will always be people who enjoy things other people don't in MMO's, and that's fine. I am glad for the people who enjoy GSF. However, people who like GSF shouldn't complain when Bioware focuses on adding new things to the game THEY might not enjoy, because they have GSF to enjoy.

So, more time spent on the things I actually care about it that are coming soon is always good news to me. Strongholds needs to be done right, because if they don;t alot of people are going to bail on this game, so Bioware should focus everything on that right now.

TrinityLyre
04.30.2014 , 03:04 PM | #29
Anything about the new game modes, potential maps (TDM Denon?) that might still be worked on and released Soon™? This is disappointing.
Anastasie / Phytia The Bastion
Respected and Despised & Spouse Aggro
Check out my Galactic Starfighter Compendium and contribute!

DarthDymond
04.30.2014 , 03:15 PM | #30
Not happy to hear this, but on balance BW has earned more than enough good will in my book to not be too upset about it.

It's just that for me the fact that they were going to be releasing a new ship class was a strong indication that they were serious about supporting all the various aspects of the game that they've included. I was struck by the idea that, while they easily could have said "we gave you a new game mode, we'll throw out a new map every now and then - but mainly we're moving on to the next 'new shiny' feature" it looked like they were instead going the extra mile, and I was really impressed by that.

Of course I understand that nature of limited time and resources and the need to allocate where you'll get the most bang for your buck, but the sense that BW was actually to a point where they'd be able to successfully release multiple new expansions while at the same time making significant improvements to previous ones... well that had me extremely optimistic.

Oh well, like I said, it is an understandable choice.
Given the choice whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire or to challenge the fates for another throw, a better throw, against one's destiny, what was a king to do?
But does one ever truly have a choice? One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars.
~Kain