Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Update on the Ship Role in Game Update 2.8

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Update on the Ship Role in Game Update 2.8
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
04.30.2014 , 12:35 PM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks,

I wanted to give you all an update on the new ship role that Bruce had mentioned previously in his roadmap, slated for Game Update 2.8. Unfortunately, that ship role has been pushed out indefinitely. Not to say it is impossible to be brought in at a future date, but it has been pushed off of our current roadmap.

Certainly the first question to be asked is why? Our roadmap began to shift into a new direction with a high priority placed around both Galactic Strongholds and that other expansion Bruce briefly mentioned before. In looking at our current schedule, we felt that Starfighter was in a healthy state and so by cutting the new role, we could make a better experience for our upcoming expansions.

We definitely realize that this will be upsetting news to players who are big fans of GSF. We don't want you to feel like we are just leaving GSF in the dust in place of other features. Coming in GU 2.8 there are 2 new ship variants coming, a new Gunship and a new Bomber. I know it isn't as exciting as a whole new role but we want you to know we are still dedicated to expanding GSF, like all of our game systems.

Thanks everyone!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Reno_Tarshil
04.30.2014 , 12:39 PM | #2
Good to hear. Any news that is about making the expansions as great as possible is acceptable.
The Ragestar Legacy
[Living Legend]
Quote:
Oooh look a butterfly.
http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free stuffs

bannsider
04.30.2014 , 12:41 PM | #3
good to see your prioritizing the main game over the space minigame

who knows, we may even get some substantial story content one day

ninjonxb
04.30.2014 , 12:41 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
I know it isn't as exciting as a whole new role but we want you to know we are still dedicated to expanding GSF, like all of our game systems.

Thanks everyone!

-eric
2.8 patch notes would be exciting
Now excuse me while I keep refreshing to hope the notes pop up

Rasen
04.30.2014 , 12:41 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Reno_Tarshil View Post
Good to hear. Any news that is about making the expansions as great as possible is acceptable.
Here here! I definitely think it is a wise choice. GSF is in a great place right now and while I love the attention placed on it there are other areas that need help too. Looking forward to see all the other things in the pipe.

DarthTHC
04.30.2014 , 12:49 PM | #6
I have yet to try GSF: it just doesn't seem like it would appeal to me (without joystick type controls).

But thanks for the consistent, clear communication... even when you think the message may not be popular.
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

SterrWers
04.30.2014 , 12:49 PM | #7
For the best, I'd say. GSF is fairly balanced right now, implementing a whole new role would send it outta wack. As a GSF fan, I'm not too upset

Darth_Wicked
04.30.2014 , 12:51 PM | #8
No negative answers so far?

Weird.

Let's give it a try, shall we?
Spoiler
Click here for a FREE character transfer and 7 days of subscription ( Referral Link FAQ )
Quote: Originally Posted by The Unseen
When he returns, there will be peace.
When he returns, there will be silence.
WHEN HE RETURNS, ALL STARS WILL DIE.

Sarfux
04.30.2014 , 12:52 PM | #9
I think it's the right call. Focus on those expansions! Great communication guys. Thanks!
Always be who you are, not what the galaxy wants you to be

Mentor System

ZionHalcyon
04.30.2014 , 12:55 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Reno_Tarshil View Post
Especially the latter expansion that is expected to be like Makeb. We haven't had real story questing content in a significant portion since Makeb.