Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Cast for Star Wars VII Released

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Cast for Star Wars VII Released

DarthDymond's Avatar


DarthDymond
04.29.2014 , 07:33 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
I can't believe I missed this. Not good.

Hopefully the female lead will be more than some princess in need of saving. But the lack of any supporting female characters at all (so far) is very concerning. Especially because it decreases the chances that there will be a non-stereotypical, kick-butt type of woman in the cast.

I really wanted a female Sith villain.
Well with Fisher and Ridley both having speaking rolls they've already at least doubled Episode IV and V's number of women characters, and tied all the other movies. So... yay?

EDIT: My mistake, Episode One had THREE women with speaking roles, I forgot both Real!Amidala and Fake!Amidala had lines.
One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars. ~Kain

Refer A Friend Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/2gNj3d to get the free stuff detailed here

StarSquirrel's Avatar


StarSquirrel
04.29.2014 , 09:22 PM | #22
Alright just to clarify, when I said "obscure" I meant they aren't "A-list" or known for main roles in major blockbuster films. And of them all I don't think any of them have been leads in Television shows either.

This is of course excluding the older actors who are of course much more well established.

Also, Daisy Ridley (according to IMDb) started her acting career last year and has only been in British TV and now she has a lead role in Star Wars VII. I'm curious if Lucas did the casting himself because this is vintage George. Probably not, but it's an entertaining thought.
I know if you look deep into your heart- which is currently all over that tree- you'll find a way to forgive me.

Aww, geez you look like a puppy! A blonde, eviscerated puppy!

-Alucard

Jyotisha's Avatar


Jyotisha
04.29.2014 , 10:22 PM | #23
Max Von Sydow is been acting since 1949 -- he is in his 80s. He has appeared in well over 100 movies and is a well known actor. He has had two academy award nominations and a host of other (lesser) nominations. He is a great actor and I am very pleased to see him in this movie. IMHO he would make a great Sith Sorcerer.

Smashnbash's Avatar


Smashnbash
04.29.2014 , 10:36 PM | #24
Yay Andy Serkis <3

FlyinSpaghetti's Avatar


FlyinSpaghetti
04.30.2014 , 12:08 AM | #25
I fear this movie is going to suck like the last ones did looking at the cast.
Quote: Originally Posted by BaronV View Post
Thats no moon... thats a CARTEL COIN!

Danylia's Avatar


Danylia
04.30.2014 , 12:38 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by cs_zoltan View Post
My biggest concern though is the 1/7 female/male ratio.
Totally agree. The books, the comics, the games, even the Clone Wars series have plenty of interesting and well-written female characters. Only the "core" six movies are woefully lacking in this regard - and now Episode VII wants to follow that trend?
Quote: Originally Posted by Rafkin View Post
Last nights group finder was a mess. The short version is that two of the people were really bad but the tank was pretty good. After we called it I asked the tank if he wanted to queue up with me. He said "I'm eleven and I have to go to bed".
The one guy who knew what he was doing was eleven years old.

cs_zoltan's Avatar


cs_zoltan
04.30.2014 , 03:14 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Your entitled to your opinion, but you need to be prepared to be told that your wrong.
But I'm not wrong, you are.
About the look, since that's totally subjective no one's opinion is less valid than others, so no one is wrong there.
About the experience, you are wrong. 1 year vs 10 years is not even comperable. You want to give her the benefit of the doubt? Good for you. But I don't, because she has 0 experience. You act like there were no bad casting decisions in previous SW movies, when we both know that's not true.
So don't tell me that I'm wrong when that's clearly not the case.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
04.30.2014 , 05:58 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by cs_zoltan View Post
But I'm not wrong, you are.
About the look, since that's totally subjective no one's opinion is less valid than others, so no one is wrong there.
About the experience, you are wrong. 1 year vs 10 years is not even comperable. You want to give her the benefit of the doubt? Good for you. But I don't, because she has 0 experience. You act like there were no bad casting decisions in previous SW movies, when we both know that's not true.
So don't tell me that I'm wrong when that's clearly not the case.
No its not an opinion, you can't tell someone's character purely from their appearance, funnily enough people are born looking like "brats" and photos designed for media purposes aren't going to tell you jack squat about her. This is you being petty. 1 year of experience =/= 0 experience, obviously. And obviously she's had an acting career outside those roles else she'd never have been picked in the first place. Nor is no. of years indicative of experience either, I can think of better, younger actors than Hamill and Fisher with far less experience. So yes, you are wrong on both accounts.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
04.30.2014 , 06:07 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
I can't believe I missed this. Not good.

Hopefully the female lead will be more than some princess in need of saving. But the lack of any supporting female characters at all (so far) is very concerning. Especially because it decreases the chances that there will be a non-stereotypical, kick-butt type of woman in the cast.

I really wanted a female Sith villain.
I think she is probably going to be one of the two "young teen" (leads?) roles that was mentioned early on, I assume the young guy is the other one. But like Dymond said this is twice as many as usual, lol.

And yeah... so did I.

cs_zoltan's Avatar


cs_zoltan
04.30.2014 , 08:25 AM | #30
You are so full of it...

Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
No its not an opinion, you can't tell someone's character purely from their appearance, funnily enough people are born looking like "brats" and photos designed for media purposes aren't going to tell you jack squat about her. This is you being petty.
Don't like my opinion? That's your problem, but what you just said makes no sense and it's utterly ridiculous.
Quote:
1 year of experience =/= 0 experience, obviously. And obviously she's had an acting career outside those roles else she'd never have been picked in the first place.
1 year TV career IS 0 experience when we are talking about a big Hollywood project like Star Wars. You can keep denying it, doesn't change the fact.
Quote:
Nor is no. of years indicative of experience either, I can think of better, younger actors than Hamill and Fisher with far less experience.
What? This doesn't makes sense. No sorry, it just doesn't.
Quote:
So yes, you are wrong on both accounts.
Sigh, you are the type of guy who never acknowledge when he is wrong. Don't worry I've gotten used to that type on the internet, but I'm just gona stop bothering with you.