Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cast for Star Wars VII Released

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Cast for Star Wars VII Released

cs_zoltan
04.29.2014 , 05:44 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Wow, you can tell she's a 13 year old brat just by looking at her?

Hamill, Fisher and Ford had 'no experience' either. You are jumping to early conclusions.
I said she looks like it, how else can I tell but looking at her? Her look is obviously a personal opinion, has nothing to with how she will do in the movie, but her experience does.
Harrison Ford had 11 years acting before New Hope, Mark Hamill had 14 years and Fisher had 8 years. You are the man of facts here, what happened now?

My biggest concern though is the 1/7 female/male ratio.
The Red Eclipse <PC Gamer Mint Imperials>
Kja, Kejann, Aemis, Kyr, Kyra'h, Lama Maelin
The Ebon Hawk <Aisthesis>
Medin

Tyrloch
04.29.2014 , 05:51 PM | #12
Max Von Sydow has been around. not quite obscure. A quick check of IMDB shows a few roles I know he has been in.

Shutter Island - Dr. Naehring
Dune - Doctor Kynes
Never Say Never Again - Ernst Stavro Blofeld
Conan the Barbarian - King Osric
Flash Gordon - The Emperor Ming "The Merciless"
The Exorcist and Exorcist II: The Heretic - Father Merrin
he's even played Jesus
The Greatest Story Ever Told - Jesus

Aurbere
04.29.2014 , 05:55 PM | #13
I only recognize Andy Serkis, who I am a fan of. It will be interesting to see what his role will be.
Added Chapter 63 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Beniboybling
04.29.2014 , 05:59 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by cs_zoltan View Post
I said she looks like it, how else can I tell but looking at her? Her look is obviously a personal opinion, has nothing to with how she will do in the movie, but her experience does.
Harrison Ford had 11 years acting before New Hope, Mark Hamill had 14 years and Fisher had 8 years. You are the man of facts here, what happened now?

You can't! You can't possible draw the conclusion that someone is "bratty" simply by looking at them!

Pay attention to the use of speech marks, I'm using your own hyperbole here. Just like the Big Three this person's acting experience is limited, but that doesn't mean she can't act. Clearly J.J sees great potential in her.

And lets not even get into the "facts" when you are in possession of none.

Beniboybling
04.29.2014 , 06:01 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Tyrloch View Post
Max Von Sydow has been around. not quite obscure. A quick check of IMDB shows a few roles I know he has been in.

Shutter Island - Dr. Naehring
Dune - Doctor Kynes
Never Say Never Again - Ernst Stavro Blofeld
Conan the Barbarian - King Osric
Flash Gordon - The Emperor Ming "The Merciless"
The Exorcist and Exorcist II: The Heretic - Father Merrin
he's even played Jesus
The Greatest Story Ever Told - Jesus
*shrug* I wouldn't call those "big" movies. At least for the past decade.

Not to say he lacks experience.

cs_zoltan
04.29.2014 , 06:07 PM | #16
You can't! You can't possible draw the conclusion that someone is "bratty" simply by looking at them!

Of course you can! Prime example
Quote:
Pay attention to the use of speech marks, I'm using your own hyperbole here. Just like the Big Three this person's acting experience is limited, but that doesn't mean she can't act. Clearly J.J sees great potential in her.
Maybe, we'll see.
Quote:
And lets not even get into the "facts" when you are in possession of none.
Why are you taking this so personally? You want facts? Here they are:
New hope came out in 1977
Ford's first appearence: 1966
Hamill's: 1963
Fisher's: 1969

They certainly beat your "no experience" claim.
Medin

Beniboybling
04.29.2014 , 06:19 PM | #17
Why are you taking this so personally? You want facts? Here they are:
New hope came out in 1977
Ford's first appearence: 1966
Hamill's: 1963
Fisher's: 1969

They certainly beat your "no experience" claim.
/facepalm I said there acting experience is limited, you were the one who claimed Daisy Ridley had no experience when this is clearly not true, and that she is a bratty 13 year old when that is pure assumption on both accounts.

EDIT: Funnily enough, just because something is not about me doesn't mean I can't take issue with it.

cs_zoltan
04.29.2014 , 06:34 PM | #18
/facepalm I said there acting experience is limited, you were the one who claimed Daisy Ridley had no experience when this is clearly not true, and that she is a bratty 13 year old when that is pure assumption on both accounts.
Who do you try to fool? That's not what you said:
Hamill, Fisher and Ford had 'no experience' either. You are jumping to early conclusions.
Ridley has 1 year experience compared to 1 decade of the old 3. It's not even the same ballpark.
If you think experience doesn't matter go watch Transcendence.

Also I said that her looks is personal opinion, as it is with everyone in every case. What else you want me to say? I can't even express my opinion on a forum which is made for that purpose exactly?
Medin

Beniboybling
04.29.2014 , 06:45 PM | #19
Who do you try to fool? That's not what you said:

Ridley has 1 year experience compared to 1 decade of the old 3. It's not even the same ballpark.
If you think experience doesn't matter go watch Transcendence.

Also I said that her looks is personal opinion, as it is with everyone in every case. What else you want me to say? I can't even express my opinion on a forum which is made for that purpose exactly?
"Pay attention to the use of speech marks, I'm using your own hyperbole here."

As I said when you said she as "like no experience" I assume you were exaggerating and meant limited, hence my use of your terms. But clearly you are not as you seem to think her seeming one year of on-screen experience counts for nothing. I could bring up a list of younger actors who've shown talent, but you can look that up yourself I'm sure.

Your entitled to your opinion, but you need to be prepared to be told that your wrong.

EDIT: What do I expect you to do? Give the girl a damn chance, maybe she is a brat with limited acting ability way in over her head but we don't know that yet, and clearly others think otherwise.

Warren-Stride
04.29.2014 , 07:22 PM | #20
I can't believe I missed this. Not good.

Hopefully the female lead will be more than some princess in need of saving. But the lack of any supporting female characters at all (so far) is very concerning. Especially because it decreases the chances that there will be a non-stereotypical, kick-butt type of woman in the cast.

I really wanted a female Sith villain.
~~ AiR ~~
What are you more afraid of?
A weapon that could destroy you?
Or a weapon that could turn you into a monster?