Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Chat bug?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

lesatho
05.18.2014 , 09:41 AM | #71
Still an ongoing issue. As many other have said: can we at least get some sort of acknowledgement that this is still an issue and that you intend to address and fix it?

Katiroth
05.18.2014 , 07:07 PM | #72
Some kind of update would be wonderful. While I PVP and PVE quite a bit, the fact that my in-game roleplay has been utterly destroyed has made me not want to log in at all. So I haven't.

Just a "We're working on it" message again would be great. Or a "Oh, this isn't a bug, we meant to do it," or something. Anything.
The Tesseract Legacy
She holds guard tonight...

Phylok
05.18.2014 , 07:55 PM | #73
Still going, no word in a while. An update would be nice.
Phylok Starfire
"My ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you; here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes. Even between the land and the ship.

Sirolar
05.19.2014 , 05:52 AM | #74
Today it is three weeks since it's been first reported and thursday it'll be three weeks since the attempted fix. Weekend is out of the way as well.

Will we finally get an update?

Sidenti
05.19.2014 , 06:19 AM | #75
I find people generally feel they need to be reassured something will be done only when they don't trust the entity being questioned to do the job. Is that the case here?

Sirolar
05.19.2014 , 06:25 AM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by Sidenti View Post
I find people generally feel they need to be reassured something will be done only when they don't trust the entity being questioned to do the job. Is that the case here?
Well consider the times the RP community in general has been burned by MMO-Developers in the past. Do you hold a sceptism against them/us in that case?

Calleo
05.19.2014 , 06:39 AM | #77
Well, considering the last update is from about three weeks ago and says, "Okay, it's fixed!" then dead silence when the response from users was, "No, it really isn't, it's still happening" has been silence, I can safely say I don't trust that they feel it's still an issue or there would have at least been a, "We're looking into it" sort of response.

Phylok
05.19.2014 , 06:42 AM | #78
So based on the above responses, I'd say, yeah pretty much.
Phylok Starfire
"My ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you; here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes. Even between the land and the ship.

LanceCorporalDan
05.19.2014 , 06:52 AM | #79
Well considering the RP community had been largely neglected in this game, I'd say yes.
Lieutenant Neves
1st Assault Platoon Commander
ALPHA COMPANY
203rd Republic Expeditionary Legion

Ilthorin
05.19.2014 , 11:25 AM | #80
No, just a bit of contempt and pity for a group of people that apparently can't solve their own problems and need reassurance from a game company about an issue where solutions are readily improvised (IM, voice, etc.)

Honestly, this lot kinda comes off as whiny and a little petulant. That may not be the intent, but that's the observation.

If it's as bad and horrible and soul-crushing as some have made it out to be, I wholly and strongly encourage you to find another game. -bp
Some of us - when we pay a monthly subscription and a few more bucks on top of it - have the expectation that the most archaic of internet communication systems - chat - will work and we'd rather not have to resort to alternate communication methods (IM, Voice, Ventrilo or TS Servers) just to supplement a broken part of the game.

If the above, for you sounds too much, or petulant and whiny, the solution is not for us to look for another game, as that would mean decreased revenue for the company. The solution is for you not to post in a thread where you have zero constructive information to add.

Then again, why solve anything when we can just type two keys and start a troll-fest, right Internet?