Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Chat bug?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

GeneralTruin
04.29.2014 , 06:03 PM | #21
Pretty sure that this patch was to fix something chat related such as ooo I dunno "permanent disconnection from the chat server" as to quote BioWare. I guess their definition of fixing something is doing the opposite. And to think I actually pay a monthly subscription fee and what do I get in return? Patches that fix bugs but adds more bugs, and patches that are to fix something but breaks it all together. You'd think EA would actually be on top of this with the dwindling subscriptions, oh wait, they are more concerned about making a new MMO with Disney cause we all know how great a company they are.
Checking my signature out eh?

Hoshkar
04.29.2014 , 06:06 PM | #22
errr....it would seem in game chat is down again?

I spend more time talking to my guild then anything else in the game, you guys are forcing me to level AHHHHH!!!!

Might just be me though, why do I keep getting disconnected from the chat server
New to the game? (Get a free starter pack!!!) Just coming back to the game after 90+ days? (Get a 7 day subscription, a bundle pack and 1 character transfer!!!) Feel free to use me as a Referral! (CLICK HERE)

paperhurts
04.29.2014 , 10:12 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Elfa View Post
If possible, could we get the chat to go down on Shadowlands by any chance, cause it SUCKS.
Wish granted.

Jerba
04.30.2014 , 07:25 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by GeneralTruin View Post
Pretty sure that this patch was to fix something chat related such as ooo I dunno "permanent disconnection from the chat server" as to quote BioWare. I guess their definition of fixing something is doing the opposite. And to think I actually pay a monthly subscription fee and what do I get in return? Patches that fix bugs but adds more bugs, and patches that are to fix something but breaks it all together. You'd think EA would actually be on top of this with the dwindling subscriptions, oh wait, they are more concerned about making a new MMO with Disney cause we all know how great a company they are.
From what I heard, the chat problems started even before yesterday's maintenance, so it was just bad luck that it fell in the same timeslot as the patch, and was not the fault of the patch.

Nevertheless, I do appreciate Musco's post. It is great that they offer so much transparency on this issue.
Also, as bad as this bug is, I really like the response to it. After so many bugs where they waited until regular maintenance or when the weekend was over, it is encouraging to see that they will still work overtime when there is a pressing issue.

Let's hope this will be fixed soon!

LeJarC
04.30.2014 , 09:38 AM | #25
it's spreading... now not only chat is borked, taxi's are going on strike too...
Alderaan taxi's are sometimes refusing to transport passengers.

Imperial Communication Equipment seems to be down too intermittently, because I also get disconnected regularly...

EricMusco
04.30.2014 , 01:22 PM | #26 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks,

Quick update: We have deployed the chat fix to all of our servers, the disconnecting issues which were happening yesterday should now be resolved. If you are still seeing these issues, please let us know. It is important that if you are seeing this issue that you specify what you are seeing and what server you are on.

Thank you all for your patience while we worked to address the issue.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Jerba
04.30.2014 , 01:47 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

Quick update: We have deployed the chat fix to all of our servers, the disconnecting issues which were happening yesterday should now be resolved. If you are still seeing these issues, please let us know. It is important that if you are seeing this issue that you specify what you are seeing and what server you are on.

-eric
While the chat issues seem to be resolved in the Lfg channel on T3-M4, there are two undocumented changes related to the chat with 2.7.1. I was first assuming that they were related to the chat issues but they still occur. Please check whether or not these changes are intended or not, and fix them if they are not intended:

Skios
04.30.2014 , 02:24 PM | #28
Disconnecting does not appear to be resolved. I am getting massive spikes of server lag that last for a few minutes at a time and I have seen multiple people on my server (Begeren Colony) complaining about the same issue. I can't really do anything in game right now, because every few minutes I'll get another spike.

Sirolar
04.30.2014 , 02:38 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

-eric
That bug still persists on Progenitor. Appears like it's about in 15 minutes-intervals of working and not working each.

Riincewind
04.30.2014 , 04:06 PM | #30
Its still happening on the The Proginator (server spelling maybe wrong but its the english rp server in europe) some of my guild cant see say, some can, but no one can see what the other faction says in say, which is kinda messed up consdiering its a RP serever and we had planned a cross faction even tonight for NS. Completely ruined it.