Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

X has left the Warzone

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
X has left the Warzone

SgtJeremy
04.27.2014 , 10:04 PM | #11
They should have a system that locks you out of Warzones if you back out of Warzones consistantly. Maybe if you drop out of 2-3 warzones back to back. Kind of like the Group queues. Don't you get locked out for quitting or something. !5 minutes, but maybe that should be an hour so people are more likely not to do it.
"A man who won't die for something is not fit to live."
"Victory at all costs, Victory inspite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, their is no peace."
http://www.swtor.com/r/pqwT9F Want free stuff, sure you do.

kjng
04.27.2014 , 10:16 PM | #12
I encountered a double premade in Quesh huttball yesterday, all from one guild. They probably queue synced. Regardless, I left the warzone immediately after I found out.

If there was a deserter penalty, I would have stood in a corner and maybe watch some youtube until the match is over.

Naplm
04.27.2014 , 10:19 PM | #13
"I face premade therefore I just stand doing nothing" "I do not like my team mate(s), therefore I just stand doing nothing" "Last round, healer dead, better leave so someone else can have my spot" Such a weak personality.

cashogy_reborn
04.27.2014 , 10:23 PM | #14
Leaving lowbie WZs is just dumb. Youre there to get XP, nothing else rofl
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Telaan
04.27.2014 , 10:33 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by StrikePrice View Post
10 minutes will have 0 effect on the queue duration.
You're kidding/trolling right? Many servers only have 2-3 simultaneous wz's running during peak times. During non-peak, some servers are lucky to get a full wz. On pot5 I see the same people everyday. Often I see the same people in back to back arenas/WZs. Peak hours population may, just may, hit one full fleet with 10 people in the second.

So when someone loads into someone else's disaster, but doesn't want to be forced to eat it...... leaves and is then punished.....resulting in multiple other people doing the same thing: a lot of people would rather face a 10 min penalty and browse the gtn, accomplish some other ingame related task, get a drink, and take a ****, rather than waste their time in a disaster.

So yes, 10 minutes absolutely, hands down, without argument impacts queue times.
Kype Lightwave/Telaan Lightwave -Pot5- "Pistols' RP Apprentice"
Telaan Lightwave Pre-CU Jedi Knight -JKO- Bloodfin
Master LS/Master Defender/Healing 2xxx/Enhancer xxx3

Zakmonster
04.27.2014 , 10:51 PM | #16
I have left only two warzones in my entire time playing this game.

Once was a 55 Ancient Hypergates. I got desynced from the server and couldn't interact with anything. I had to restart the game. Luckily, when I requeued, I got back into the same warzone. We were losing, however, but eh.

The second time was in a 30-54 Voidstar. My entire team was doing a terrible job of defending (first door down in the first 30 seconds, followed very quickly by the bridge and second door). I got frustrated and I despise Voidstar, so I left.

On all other times, though, I stick it out till the end. Even when I'm in a Queshball going up against 6 juggernauts who are tearing my team apart, I just get my 8 medals and go around trying to kill people/defend the last node. Quitting a warzone gives me no rewards, and pitting myself against better players is a good way to improve my game.
The Harbinger Server: Caezia - Level 55 Vanguard / Cezia - Level 60 Powertech / Zaethia - Level 55 Guardian / Xaethia - Level 33 Scoundrel / Caedia - Level 50 Vanguard / Vaknia - Level 60 Mercenary / Xethia - Level 28 Marauder / Zaenia - Level 60 Juggernaut / Zethia- Level 38 Commando

Juithtin
04.28.2014 , 12:00 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Sidenti View Post
In order, by question:

1) Aside from the odd actual random disconnect (it happens), the vast majority leave because they have extremely low frustration thresholds. For them, it's roflstomp or nothing.
I don't get why people like roflstomping teams. Being on the receiving end is just painful, and if you're on the team that's dishing it out - it just gets boring. Seriously, have people trickle in to Civil War one by one only to be blown up one after the other or wining huttball in 3 minutes is boring as hell... But that's just me.

Anyway, on topic;

1) Cause they're sooks most of the time. I play on Harbinger and guaranteed if the other team caps something/plants/scores within the first 30 seconds or so, there will be quit outs. And people do disconnect, which has happened to me a couple times (usually when I'm on the winning side )

2) Maybe, maybe not.. we already get a free medal the minute we backfill into a match.. It'd be nice if you got a bonus for backfilling into a losing side and end up winning. (Wishful thinking right there)

3) There are two reasons that I'll intentionally quit out of a match; A) Something happens in life (like the fiery cat), or B) my ping/connection nose dives to the point where the game is unplayable cause everyone basically starts teleporting around you.

4) Eh, each to their own with that one.
Hoshou // Jedi Sentinel || Tesala // Sith Marauder
The Deathstalker Legacy
Harbinger

<One Last Stand> R.I.P Dalborra. It's been fun.

foxmob
04.28.2014 , 06:31 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
Leaving lowbie WZs is just dumb. Youre there to get XP, nothing else rofl
that's actually the best reason to leave. those new queshballs are painfully drawn out in lowbie/middy (as was the original hb b/c people lack abils to move the ball). I'll gain a lot more xp finishing a quest - unless I wanna ignore objectives and kill stuff. that's not reason enough to leave a WZ, imo, but you're not gaining some sort of leveling advantage by sticking around instead of completing quests while waiting for another WZ pop.
Krackerjack/Deinon/Antiphon
JC -- Harb -- TEH

Fidelicatessen
04.28.2014 , 06:41 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Naplm View Post
"I face premade therefore I just stand doing nothing" "I do not like my team mate(s), therefore I just stand doing nothing" "Last round, healer dead, better leave so someone else can have my spot" Such a weak personality.
There are a fair number of weak personalities, apparently, who play WZs.

The one just above your post, for instance--"I was facing premades, so I quit." Ever hear of fakking PLAYING the GAME?

Roflstomp or nothing, I like that. These kids today.

DarthMaulUK
04.28.2014 , 11:37 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
that's actually the best reason to leave. those new queshballs are painfully drawn out in lowbie/middy (as was the original hb b/c people lack abils to move the ball). I'll gain a lot more xp finishing a quest - unless I wanna ignore objectives and kill stuff. that's not reason enough to leave a WZ, imo, but you're not gaining some sort of leveling advantage by sticking around instead of completing quests while waiting for another WZ pop.
If a game is drawn out in lowbie - thats what you WANT. Longer games = more XP which makes Arenas pointless.

On topic. I haven't played lowbie all too often and when I do leave Warzones its mostly down to being on a team of idiots - plain and simple. So many here have posted about 'its because they want to win' but that utter crap.

The amount of times players just do not call inc but will quite happily watch the enemy run across the map, fight them - kill them and cap the point without saying a single word. Or, they are SO stupid, they get mind zapped twice to let a bomb get planted in 5 seconds of Voidstar.

Losing isn't the issue, its the manner of how you lose. With SO many casual players now in the game, it opens the door to the bad players who have zero concept of team work and lack any kind of communication skills.