Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What happened yesterday was unacceptable...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
What happened yesterday was unacceptable...

agincourt
12.23.2011 , 07:06 AM | #1
First question: If I'm going along with a recurring subscription, and I have 27 days left on any given month, and I decide to cancel, are you (the company), going to take away the 27 days I have left? I think the answer is obviously 'No'.

Question is, how is this different than when I have 27 days of play left with my original purchase of the deluxe digital edition ($75)? Wouldn't it have been less painful for all of us if you had just let us play our initial 30 days, and prevented anyone from logging in if they have not set up a subscription BY THE END of that 30 day window? This would stagger the traffic on the website over a month for people creating their subs. AND, they are entitled to that original 30 days of play that is advertised with the purchase of the game.

Instead you forced EVERY player to have to access the website yesterday after finding they couldn't login. And after waiting to get onto the website (unheard of having a web queue), the pages that display for setting up a sub were not working properly.

Took me 4 hours to get it straigtened out. Whoever made this decision should be FIRED.

What if I go and cancel today the sub I was forced to create yesterday? Gonna take away the 26 days I paid for when I bought the game?

A very smooth launch went in the can yesterday. Can you say 'FULL REFUND'?
Remember the Daragons?

AceM
12.23.2011 , 07:12 AM | #2
I thought the same thing

phosphate
12.23.2011 , 07:16 AM | #3
I have to agree. I had not decided for sure whether I was going to subscribe or not but was probably going to. Bioware's decision to force me to subscribe before I can play out the time I already paid for shows me pretty clearly what kind of a company you really are and how you're going to treat your customers over the life of this game.

Thanks for making my decision about sticking with this game easy. Nice job! You've got one less customer now.

Dilkin
12.23.2011 , 07:23 AM | #4
Indecisiveness 1, you 0 GG

But yes, a web queue?! That is baaad and a first, congrats BW.
Playing MMOs since 1996.

Suvlaco
12.23.2011 , 07:31 AM | #5
This is the way it is with ALL MMO games in existence (excluding F2P obviously).

If you cancel your sub, you will not lose access until your 27 days have come and gone.

WortThree
12.23.2011 , 07:32 AM | #6
So basically, let me get this straight. Please correct me if I am wrong.

A majority of you people waited until the last minute to input your code and sign up for a subscription so you could milk every hour of free time out of the system. You (unwittingly) assumed that "nobody else will have this awesome idea!". I mean, it's full proof. Right? Then, when the wee hours that are left are rolling in, you decide "Ok. It's time to put my code in and give Bioware their money.".

*Gasp* Wait a minute!

The website has a queue? You mean, I am not the only person to be on the website right now? What is this "Controlling traffic" technique? You would think that servers would be able to handle millions of people all at once! Wait a minute!

I have a great idea!

Let me spam refresh on my web browser and try and access the site multiple times. I will ping the site every time which should push all those other people off the site! That should work! Wait a minute! It doesn't seem to be working. All the other millions of people are doing the same thing! Wait a minute! That means instead of millions of people connecting once to the website, now there are probably around 20 million connections per second to the server? Wait a minute! Servers in 2011 can't handle 20 million connections per second?

--Ok, in all seriousness. Website queues are very very common. If you've never set up/run a server with large amount of traffic (by large, I mean millions of people accessing your website throughout the day), then you can't honestly know how intricate things can get.

By all means, go get your refund, and go enjoy a more established MMO/game of your choice. Quit your QQing and take some action instead of pulling the forum trolls into your thread and having them pat you on the back and letting you cry on their shoulder. This thread doesn't ask for any help. Instead, it's openly inviting rage responses from people saying "Yeah, this game sucks!" and "BW get your stuff together omg omg omg". Seriously.
Standard Edition Pre-ordered
Vengeful Malice

painhammer
12.23.2011 , 07:36 AM | #7
you have to be new to mmo's you set up a acct you don't pay for 30 Day's nothing new!!!!

Suvlaco
12.23.2011 , 07:36 AM | #8
WortThree I like you.

kathunis
12.23.2011 , 07:39 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by WortThree View Post
So basically, let me get this straight. Please correct me if I am wrong.

A majority of you people waited until the last minute to input your code and sign up for a subscription so you could milk every hour of free time out of the system. You (unwittingly) assumed that "nobody else will have this awesome idea!". I mean, it's full proof. Right? Then, when the wee hours that are left are rolling in, you decide "Ok. It's time to put my code in and give Bioware their money.".

*Gasp* Wait a minute!

The website has a queue? You mean, I am not the only person to be on the website right now? What is this "Controlling traffic" technique? You would think that servers would be able to handle millions of people all at once! Wait a minute!

I have a great idea!

Let me spam refresh on my web browser and try and access the site multiple times. I will ping the site every time which should push all those other people off the site! That should work! Wait a minute! It doesn't seem to be working. All the other millions of people are doing the same thing! Wait a minute! That means instead of millions of people connecting once to the website, now there are probably around 20 million connections per second to the server? Wait a minute! Servers in 2011 can't handle 20 million connections per second?

--Ok, in all seriousness. Website queues are very very common. If you've never set up/run a server with large amount of traffic (by large, I mean millions of people accessing your website throughout the day), then you can't honestly know how intricate things can get.

By all means, go get your refund, and go enjoy a more established MMO/game of your choice. Quit your QQing and take some action instead of pulling the forum trolls into your thread and having them pat you on the back and letting you cry on their shoulder. This thread doesn't ask for any help. Instead, it's openly inviting rage responses from people saying "Yeah, this game sucks!" and "BW get your stuff together omg omg omg". Seriously.
I would have to agree 100%. Let me guess you ***** at the government when you dont get yoru free benefits from them too, then complain when there is a line at the office to get them? BOOHOO! Stop trolling thr forums and go play some other game, or maybe youve ran out of 30 day free trials on their end too....

painhammer
12.23.2011 , 07:42 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by kathunis View Post
I would have to agree 100%. Let me guess you ***** at the government when you dont get yoru free benefits from them too, then complain when there is a line at the office to get them? BOOHOO! Stop trolling thr forums and go play some other game, or maybe youve ran out of 30 day free trials on their end too....

lol mayb he can use foodstamps to pay for his sub!!!