Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Merc / Commando knockback delay imbalance?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Merc / Commando knockback delay imbalance?

TonyDragonflame
04.25.2014 , 10:33 AM | #21
Commando/merc need return back knockback from stock strike like gunslingers have second knockback with aim shot... root is not enough... without it there is always hard times with pesky melee...

LaVall
04.25.2014 , 11:55 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
These are QoL things that have no real impact on anything. Dont waste the devs time with such frivolous discussions.
I'm glad it doesn't bother YOU, however this issue has been brought up several times and others clearly have an issue with it. Since changing the knock back to happen at the beginning of the animation is such an easy fix, I can't fathom how you are so insulted about people asking for this change. As a class rep, instead of throwing insults at others like calling them bad because they have a different opinion than yourself, you could exercise a little more maturity and be supportive of the people you're supposed to represent. Failing that, you could at least be constructive.

cashogy_reborn
04.25.2014 , 01:48 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by LaVall View Post
I'm glad it doesn't bother YOU, however this issue has been brought up several times and others clearly have an issue with it. Since changing the knock back to happen at the beginning of the animation is such an easy fix, I can't fathom how you are so insulted about people asking for this change. As a class rep, instead of throwing insults at others like calling them bad because they have a different opinion than yourself, you could exercise a little more maturity and be supportive of the people you're supposed to represent. Failing that, you could at least be constructive.
No Id rather not.

These QoL changes would have 0 impact on anything. Its just random dumb crap that people want to the devs to waste time on instead of addressing actual things that need fixing and have a larger impact on game mechanics/balance.

As class rep it is/was my job to be able to distinguish between stupid crap like this, and real legit concerns.

Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
One man's frivolity is another man's deep concern.
When youre class rep you can ask about the Ammo Counter UI, knockback comparison, and whatever other totally irrelevant issues the community is concerned about.
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Uber_the_Goober
04.25.2014 , 02:52 PM | #24
When youre class rep you can ask about the Ammo Counter UI, knockback comparison, and whatever other totally irrelevant issues the community is concerned about.
I wasn't aware that "Class Rep" conferred some type of obligation to resolve deep mechanics issues. No, wait, that's because it doesn't. The job was to accumulate and then report the most talked about issues the community is concerned with, in the manner Bioware requested: "Top 3 questions". It's not your responsibility to balance classes, to decide the priority of game-impacting issues, or to silence a majority who does not share your personal opinions.

As I said, one man's frivolity is another man's deep concern. You sound awfully bitter, and after the response you got from the community upon submitting the questions, it's understandable. But maybe you shouldn't take things so seriously? You seem really bent out of shape...if the masses want idiocy, they're gonna get idiocy, with or without you.
POT5 COMMANDO - CAPTAIN OBV'IOUS
SENTINEL - PICKLE'JAR

AMONG OTHERS...
See you in the warzones, muppets.

cashogy_reborn
04.25.2014 , 03:46 PM | #25
I wasn't aware that "Class Rep" conferred some type of obligation to resolve deep mechanics issues. No, wait, that's because it doesn't. The job was to accumulate and then report the most talked about issues the community is concerned with, in the manner Bioware requested: "Top 3 questions". It's not your responsibility to balance classes, to decide the priority of game-impacting issues, or to silence a majority who does not share your personal opinions.

As I said, one man's frivolity is another man's deep concern. You sound awfully bitter, and after the response you got from the community upon submitting the questions, it's understandable. But maybe you shouldn't take things so seriously? You seem really bent out of shape...if the masses want idiocy, they're gonna get idiocy, with or without you.
Which is exactly what I did...........................

What am I bitter about? Apparently I am angry, insulted, and bitter. This is news to me
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

JediMasterSLC
04.25.2014 , 03:54 PM | #26
This is a relative non-issue, just stop.

Zoom_VI
04.25.2014 , 06:12 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by TonyDragonflame View Post
Commando/merc need return back knockback from stock strike like gunslingers have second knockback with aim shot... root is not enough... without it there is always hard times with pesky melee...
You mean the knockback that that pushed melee back a trivial amount, the knockback that had no use beyond a few niche situations in huttball, the knockback that amounted to nothing more than a interrupt that gave resolve?
Crinn

Sanity is for the weak minded.

Zoom_VI
04.25.2014 , 06:18 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by LaVall View Post
Because we only get three questions and wasting one of them on something that is only important to a minority of a minority is a complete and utter waste.

Nobody ever says they won't take a merc on their raid group or their ranked team because the knockback has a animation delay, or because the mando doesn't have a numerical display. Seriously this is as much of a issue as cartel crystal colors are, please just stop.

Besides numerical displays are useless in any kind of competitive gameplay. Your brain process the graph way faster than the little fraction, the only advantage the merc display has over the mando's is that the merc's is color coded.
Crinn

Sanity is for the weak minded.

Uber_the_Goober
04.25.2014 , 09:21 PM | #29
Which is exactly what I did...........................

What am I bitter about? Apparently I am angry, insulted, and bitter. This is news to me
Given comments like this:

No Id rather not.

These QoL changes would have 0 impact on anything. Its just random dumb crap that people want to the devs to waste time on instead of addressing actual things that need fixing and have a larger impact on game mechanics/balance.

As class rep it is/was my job to be able to distinguish between stupid crap like this, and real legit concerns.

It's pretty clear. You're talking down these ideas because the "random dumb totally irrelevant issues the community is concerned about" are apparently not important enough to warrant dev attention in your eyes.

Now go ahead and tell me you don't come across as bitter, or as taking your position as class rep to be something other than what it is. Especially with this line here: "As class rep it is/was my job to be able to distinguish between stupid crap like this, and real legit concerns."

Well then, pray tell, what is the "real legit concern"? If it makes the game less fun, people are going to want it changed. If their version of fun revolves around a knockback mechanic, or an ammo counter, why snipe at them with negative comments when they use this forum to bring it up to the devs? Do you not trust that the devs will make the changes that will please the most people?

I don't know if your actual attitude changed, or just the way you talk about the community, but "forum poster Cashogy" and "Class Rep Cashogy who got in an argument with literally everybody after posting his 3 questions" are coming across different for sure. Why not just own it?
POT5 COMMANDO - CAPTAIN OBV'IOUS
SENTINEL - PICKLE'JAR

AMONG OTHERS...
See you in the warzones, muppets.

midianlord
04.27.2014 , 08:35 AM | #30
[...]

Well then, pray tell, what is the "real legit concern"? If it makes the game less fun, people are going to want it changed. If their version of fun revolves around a knockback mechanic, or an ammo counter, why snipe at them with negative comments when they use this forum to bring it up to the devs?
Because we have many much more urgent problems that need dealing with.

To name just a few:

Lack of an emergency escape, when we are the class that arguably needs it most.

Absurdly over-long cooldowns --the shield, Electrodart/CryoGrenade, Kolto Overload/Adrenaline Rush, Vent Heat/Recharge Cells...This recent change to power Surge/Tech Overrides is an absolute Godsend, and is where it should have been since day 1. It only took them two years, so yeah...4 cooldowns above times that, plus lead-time....We'll have realistic utility cooldown timers by, what, like 2025?

(I might add: It took our class rep/s pushing the devs, and helping to herd the community-cats to agree to help get that change to PS/TO, unless I'm very much mistaken.)

Complete lack of any quick form of pro-active range dictation/control (A version of the Snipinger's "Leg Shot" with a same/similar cool-down would do wonders here, and how hard could it possibly be to implement?)

Useless talents in all three trees.

Want me to go on? Because I can, you know.

Do you not trust that the devs will make the changes that will please the most people?
I can't speak for Casho, but speaking for myself:

No. No, I do not. At all.

Recall: This is the same dev-team that rationalised Lolster in ranked matches being there for "new players to feel less intimidated," (or whatever it actually said, you know what I refer to, I think). Cash is quite clearly not afraid to speak truth to power, and with a dev-team this demonstrably clueless, that is exactly what our beloved AC needs, especially when that rep is, equally clearly, well aware of our biggest problems.

A numerical ammo/heat-counter, and animation-weirdness on the knock-back --which frankly, I've never really noticed as causing me issues-- are not even close to our biggest problems.

Yes, I'd like a numerical heat-counter, too. But I've gone without one for almost two years just fine, I can go a little longer.

It would seem that what the devs see as "pleasing the most people" is catering to bads and 1337-sp34k screaming COD kiddies (Certified Online Daycare)...thank God, our rep knows better, I hope?

That is fundamentally much more important than a few/lack of a few little numbers on the UI.
Merc and 'Slinger since launch, Merc and 'Slinger for life
(Feels good, doesn't it? Well it certainly does for me!)