Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Merc / Commando knockback delay imbalance?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Merc / Commando knockback delay imbalance?

Zhoman
04.24.2014 , 10:21 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by BarronWasteland View Post
You mean when the Merc jumps up above everyone else and starts shooting death from above? Yea that is hard to spot.
Exactly. xD

cashogy_reborn
04.24.2014 , 11:01 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Zhoman View Post
I never said I knew how to play commando well, quote me where I said that.

Ohh I know you definately play commando better than me, never said you didn't, still doesn't take away the fact I told you how imbalances affect ranked pvp. There was no need for your reaction to my constructive post, followed by your desperate attempt to prove if I am bad or not.
Lets just put our egos away now, and me more careful with your assumptions about people - I was being constructive... I expect the same from a community rep.
You dont know me very well do you
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Zhoman
04.24.2014 , 11:02 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
You dont know me very well do you
No, but I want to

cashogy_reborn
04.24.2014 , 11:19 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Zhoman View Post
No, but I want to
As far as the post you made before:

- The difference between hammer shot and rapid shots heal is negligible. Any halfway decent player is going to know where all 4 enemies are at any time, and at least 1 person in a team of 4 should have enough sense to mark healers (if not everyone). You cant hide when youre marked.

- Assuming your second scenario takes place and the Merc is left alone to 4v1 (tho I have personally never missed a knockback b/c of the slight delay, if I miss its b/c I flat out miss timed it) he can use Hydraulic Overrides to escape off the bridge and join his teammates. Just standing there waiting for your team to get back is going to get you killed immediately.

All of this piddly QoL complaints have basically no real impact on the outcome of a fight.
The King of Bads

maverickmatt
04.24.2014 , 11:33 PM | #15

- The difference between hammer shot and rapid shots heal is negligible. Any halfway decent player is going to know where all 4 enemies are at any time, and at least 1 person in a team of 4 should have enough sense to mark healers (if not everyone). You cant hide when youre marked.

- Assuming your second scenario takes place and the Merc is left alone to 4v1 (tho I have personally never missed a knockback b/c of the slight delay, if I miss its b/c I flat out miss timed it) he can use Hydraulic Overrides to escape off the bridge and join his teammates. Just standing there waiting for your team to get back is going to get you killed immediately.

All of this piddly QoL complaints have basically no real impact on the outcome of a fight.

All of that may be true, however these are real concerns from real merc players and YOU are their representative. Agree or disagree, you should probably do so in a slightly less nose-up fashion.

I HATE THE JEDI KNIGHT STANCE. I AM NOT BABE RUTH. At some point I want And'rew to kinda.. mention it or something. I know it's cosmetic and it's irrelevant to anything really buuuut it bothers me.

Similar Scenario.

cashogy_reborn
04.25.2014 , 12:21 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by maverickmatt View Post
All of that may be true, however these are real concerns from real merc players and YOU are their representative. Agree or disagree, you should probably do so in a slightly less nose-up fashion.

I HATE THE JEDI KNIGHT STANCE. I AM NOT BABE RUTH. At some point I want And'rew to kinda.. mention it or something. I know it's cosmetic and it's irrelevant to anything really buuuut it bothers me.

Similar Scenario.
Which is no longer relevant in terms of passing along concerns to the developers. Commando questions have already been submitted.
The King of Bads

maverickmatt
04.25.2014 , 12:52 AM | #17
Which is no longer relevant in terms of passing along concerns to the developers. Commando questions have already been submitted.
I suppose that is correct.

Zhoman
04.25.2014 , 01:27 AM | #18

I agree it rarely has any significant impact on the outcome of a fight, but it definately can happen. If the stars line up then this imbalance can be the cause of significant disadvantages. This is what I was saying in my original post.

Something needs to be done, regardless of importance.

QoL should always > content updates, unless you are pumping out content every week and its an alpha game.

HuNtOziO
04.25.2014 , 09:53 AM | #19
Enough with the flame wars already.... online game forums sometimes honestly.

It's simply a minor fix to address a minor imbalance, nothing huge or really bad but something that is simply infuriating at times.

Especially with the vigi guardian re-rollers running around knocking them back as a Merc requires precision timing, assuming lag doesn't screw you over.

That is all, thanks peeps.
- Spoonmeister [Sniper] - Spoonyspoon [Sorc]
- Huntopia [Sin] - Elodie [PT]
- Elodiť [Sentinel] - Elodie-deux [Operative]
- Nova (Co-Guildmaster) - Red Eclipse server, Europe

Uber_the_Goober
04.25.2014 , 10:12 AM | #20
These are QoL things that have no real impact on anything. Dont waste the devs time with such frivolous discussions.
One man's frivolity is another man's deep concern.
POT5 COMMANDO - CAPTAIN OBV'IOUS
SENTINEL - PICKLE'JAR

AMONG OTHERS...
See you in the warzones, muppets.