Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Flexible Companion Customization System

PhilipNero
06.20.2014 , 12:45 PM | #21
I like the idea that you can change your companions from human to alien and the other way around.
Never liked the aliens anyway (except Blizz )

Also they could create a ''companion-bank'' where you can ''store'' some of them. If they add any more. otherwise your whole ship/stronghold is going to be full on companions.

DomiSotto
06.23.2014 , 02:08 PM | #22
This is not about appearance but voice customization. I would not mid to have alternative soundsets or special circumstances soundsets (i.e. married/in romance) available for purchase through customization terminal.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=719461

DomiSotto
06.24.2014 , 02:34 PM | #23
The lack of appearance customizations including species (as well as roles) is mentioned in this post specifically

http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...7&postcount=55

This post also makes a suggestion of allowing companion species customizations unavailable to players (aka Guss Tuno as a Nautolan )

DomiSotto
07.03.2014 , 08:35 AM | #24
I persist in my quest for this. What can I say? I am a sucker for hopeless causes, ad it is something I really really want for my games. As my characters progress, I want it more and more.

RafSwi
07.03.2014 , 03:34 PM | #25
I would totally love "custom" customizations, even in limited form (like available for "playable" races only with no race change).

DomiSotto
07.05.2014 , 10:12 AM | #26
Thank you for posting!

The-Uncreative
07.07.2014 , 07:17 AM | #27
Listen to this person BioWare!!

I love your idea, realy hope this gets implemented.

/signed
/support
/WANT!!
I am everywhere*!!!
(*everywhere does not include RP-servers, PvP-servers or non-English speaking servers)
---> this is a referal Link.... if you do not wish to be my Referal Friend then don't click it

Vincire
07.09.2014 , 12:01 PM | #28
I would like this but I would LOVE a "Build your own Companion" option that would allow you to choose their "class" from several templates, their race and gender, Name, an option from a couple voice overs, etc.
Judan Dalratha -- 55 Jedi Guardian

DomiSotto
07.09.2014 , 12:05 PM | #29
The more customization options you have on an existing companion (looks, voice, kits), the more you will approach what you are looking for. If it is the companion dialogue you want shut off, it is actually easy to do in this game.

But by whatever reason, a companion construction kit as an idea is fascinating. Sort of like Tharan's hologram.

Vincire
07.09.2014 , 12:18 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by DomiSotto View Post
The more customization options you have on an existing companion (looks, voice, kits), the more you will approach what you are looking for. If it is the companion dialogue you want shut off, it is actually easy to do in this game.

But by whatever reason, a companion construction kit as an idea is fascinating. Sort of like Tharan's hologram.
Yeah I think it would be a fun way to add customization to the experience rather than always traveling with the same crew. Adding further customizations to the current roster is great and all (and we should see a lot more of that for sure) but it doesn't change the fact that these are the same characters we've been playing with since the game launched. It would be nice to have the option to create an all new companion completely of your own design, designate his "template", and roll around the game with him or her.

There doesn't really need to be much additional story either. Maybe a single generic set of quests with a Male, Female, other voice over. I'd pay good money for that.
Judan Dalratha -- 55 Jedi Guardian