Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Strongholds are legacy wide...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Strongholds are legacy wide...

Devrius
04.23.2014 , 03:28 PM | #1
So the community has been asking for player housing since launch, no group more vocal on the subject then those who RP and now that it's finally here they will be completely useless to enhance the RP experience.

Hell if anything having a Stronghold will go *against* RP: "my Sith lord lives in the same house as my republic trooper and they have displayed trophies from achievements my scoundrel earned. Here you can see the one I got from freeing Revan on my JK, here's the one I got from killing him on my SW..."

Anyone else thinks this is kinda of a slap to the RP community? "Oh you guys want players housing? Sure, but we'll make sure it useless to you guys in particular huehuehuehue"

I was really looking forward to make customized living quarters to all of my characters, I was already planning to go do OPs and whatever else drops achievement trophies to furnish each's individual house, now? Well it's retroactive so no need to do anything ,a lot of people would have done extra OPs/FPs on alts to furnish their homes it would have really helped with queue and what not.

Infernixx
04.23.2014 , 03:33 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Devrius View Post
So the community has been asking for player housing since launch, no group more vocal on the subject then those who RP and now that it's finally here they will be completely useless to enhance the RP experience.

Hell if anything having a Stronghold will go *against* RP: "my Sith lord lives in the same house as my republic trooper and they have displayed trophies from achievements my scoundrel earned. Here you can see the one I got from freeing Revan on my JK, here's the one I got from killing him on my SW..."

Anyone else thinks this is kinda of a slap to the RP community? "Oh you guys want players housing? Sure, but we'll make sure it useless to you guys in particular huehuehuehue"

I was really looking forward to make customized living quarters to all of my characters, I was already planning to go do OPs and whatever else drops achievement trophies to furnish each's individual house, now? Well it's retroactive so no need to do anything ,a lot of people would have done extra OPs/FPs on alts to furnish their homes it would have really helped with queue and what not.
I think you're looking at it in a bad light.

One thing, those trophies are not 'required' to be displayed. They're optional. So, you can tailor your Stronghold to your particular character.

Secondly, there are 'three' Strongholds that we can get now. For me, at least, that gives me a place to put three of my main chars and tailor them differently to fit each char's demeanor and personality.

Granted, I wish, like you, that we got a Stronghold for each character, but if it's not possible, then I'll survive. Though, I do hope that there's an option to purchase additional Strongholds for different characters.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.

Darth_Wicked
04.23.2014 , 03:34 PM | #3
I always assumed it was legacy wide quite honestly so no big surprise in my book. I do admit that depending on your number of characters and RP tendencies, it can feel restrictive.

Essence_of_Light
04.23.2014 , 03:38 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Devrius View Post
<snip> Anyone else thinks this is kinda of a slap to the RP community? <snip>
Gotta have that "slap in the face" in there. The thread just wouldn't feel complete without it!
For the Republic!
Click my referral link here for 7 free days as sub, free server transfer, and free CC unlocks!

Rafaman
04.23.2014 , 03:38 PM | #5
I don't see the problem since you can have more than one Stronghold. From what has been described, you can customize it including who you will see in the Stronghold in terms of companions etc. So... how is this a slap in the face? You get the first one for free, then pony up and buy another.

Infernixx
04.23.2014 , 03:49 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Rafaman View Post
I don't see the problem since you can have more than one Stronghold. From what has been described, you can customize it including who you will see in the Stronghold in terms of companions etc. So... how is this a slap in the face? You get the first one for free, then pony up and buy another.
I can see where he's coming from, even if I'm not seeing it as a slap in the face.

I have 4 mains, one of each main class from the Imp side. My Sith Warrior is going to sleep on his ship until a 4th Stronghold planet is released, and that's assuming that it feels 'right' to have him living on that 4th planet.

I'm lucky enough that my Agent 'would' live on Nar Shadda, my Sorcerer 'would' live on DK, and my Merc 'would' live on Tattooine.

The idea solution would be to give the players an option to buy a 'second' Stronghold on the same planet, but have it limited to a single character. But, I have no idea how hard it would be to manage that.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.

Daewan
04.23.2014 , 04:01 PM | #7
Personally, my Sith Lord (who is the head of the Legacy) is holding out for a complex on Corellia. Sure, he has the main estate on Dromund Kaas for work, and the palace he got on Nar Shadaa for the wilder kids. He has been abusing his diplomatic privilege for years to sneak into his brother's house on Coruscant and mess with his accounts (sometimes even leaving children there due to Imperial law and their weird tendencies).

So really, what I'm getting at is that I'm sorry you can't figure out an RP reason for Sith and Jedi to be in the same house ever. If you'd like me to scan your family tree and character list, I'd be happy to help you come up with some reasons.
Darth Squeek, Dark Lord of the Skittles, Revan Fanboy
<< Idiot :: Questions about SWTOR? SEARCH DULFY! :: Obligatory referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/Kp7S8B
Loyalty is worth less.

Devrius
04.23.2014 , 04:07 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Infernixx View Post
I can see where he's coming from, even if I'm not seeing it as a slap in the face.

I have 4 mains, one of each main class from the Imp side. My Sith Warrior is going to sleep on his ship until a 4th Stronghold planet is released, and that's assuming that it feels 'right' to have him living on that 4th planet.

I'm lucky enough that my Agent 'would' live on Nar Shadda, my Sorcerer 'would' live on DK, and my Merc 'would' live on Tattooine.

The idea solution would be to give the players an option to buy a 'second' Stronghold on the same planet, but have it limited to a single character. But, I have no idea how hard it would be to manage that.
Pretty much this ^

I have 8 characters, 4 on each faction to see all the stories and enjoy all the playstyles (I have all the advanced classes or their mirrors).

That's 5 "homeless" characters, it bothers me because the *one* big RP expansion in SWTOR is not actually compatible with RP...

Heal-To-Full
04.23.2014 , 04:08 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Daewan View Post
So really, what I'm getting at is that I'm sorry you can't figure out an RP reason for Sith and Jedi to be in the same house ever.
High mortgage rates make strange bedfellows.
What we must fight for is to safeguard the existence of the Sith race and the Sith people, the glory of our children and the purity of our blood, the freedom and independence of the Empire, so that we may fulfill the mission allotted us by the Force itself. Everything must be examined from this point of view and used or rejected according to its utility.

Khevar
04.23.2014 , 04:21 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Daewan View Post
So really, what I'm getting at is that I'm sorry you can't figure out an RP reason for Sith and Jedi to be in the same house ever.
It would make a great sitcom. Too bad Norman Fell has passed away, we'll need to get someone else to play the part of the annoyed landlord.