Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Producer Letter – Galactic Strongholds

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Producer Letter – Galactic Strongholds
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Aries_cz
05.21.2014 , 03:32 PM | #491
Quote: Originally Posted by LanceCorporalDan View Post
I'm confused. If you died at a base were you not unflagged? Since I play on a pvp server idk how flagging works. If we have gankers we just have a call to arms and fight them off, usually tons of fun. Also you don't get repair bills from pvp so whatever you bill was came from pve deaths/fighting.

Also, where did you have to go on tat that you couldn't bypass an imp base? I'm not quite there on my scoundrel yet with Corso so idk. You should be able to bypass every imp base on tat.
It is around the location of the +3 Aim datacron on Tatooine, which is nested in canyon between two imp bases, and the only access to it is through either imp bases, or through Outlaws Den (see this map for the Datacron location to get the idea - http://www.swtor-spy.com/img/datacro..._41_26_721.jpg)
Member of Beast Riders, Tomb of Freedon Nadd and Czech Alliance, Red Eclipse
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos or support me by clicking my Referral Link

GodOfFate
05.22.2014 , 05:46 AM | #492
Quote: Originally Posted by Aries_cz View Post
It is around the location of the +3 Aim datacron on Tatooine, which is nested in canyon between two imp bases, and the only access to it is through either imp bases, or through Outlaws Den (see this map for the Datacron location to get the idea - http://www.swtor-spy.com/img/datacro..._41_26_721.jpg)
Nope, there is a tunnel between Outlaws Den und the imp base, using it you can travel from the Dune Sea to the datacron without getting flagged - or getting killed.

LanceCorporalDan
05.22.2014 , 06:39 AM | #493
Quote: Originally Posted by Aries_cz View Post
Nope tunnel just north of outpost Zaroshe. The imps often forget about this when we flank in wpvp

But you can get anywhere on the map without encountering Imperial base guards, well at least the areas you are supposed to go lol.
Neves - 55 Vanguard
Dahkaras - 55 AssassinKeelaran - 55Juggernaut
Kalkaran - 55 MercenaryKallim - 55 Operative

jamarkast
05.22.2014 , 11:28 AM | #494
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
A few other things I have seen in the thread...
  • Companions in Strongholds - I was able to talk to the Design team about this. Exactly how it will work is still being worked out. I will post about it in the future once things are a bit more locked down!
  • Quick Travel - You can travel to your Stronghold anytime you can use Quick Travel currently. Also, as a subscriber you have a few options on where you can travel to from your Stronghold, including back to the coordinates you just came from.
-eric
Yes! Kotor nostalgia!! Thank you!!!!! I've thought of these 'strongholds' more as 'Wow! the Taris hideout is coming to the game!!!!' than 'YES!! Player housing!'
May the Force be with you. is... is that how it goes? yes, may the Force be with you.

Aries_cz
05.23.2014 , 07:40 AM | #495
Quote: Originally Posted by LanceCorporalDan View Post
Nope tunnel just north of outpost Zaroshe. The imps often forget about this when we flank in wpvp

But you can get anywhere on the map without encountering Imperial base guards, well at least the areas you are supposed to go lol.
Huh, who said you cannot discover something new even when playing since Early Access Day 1

PrincessNuri
06.14.2014 , 04:38 PM | #496
Eric....how much will the galatic stronghold guildships cost for subscribers and do you have to pay more to open up more features

Eitetsu
06.16.2014 , 01:35 AM | #497
Something delightful I thought of: it would be cool to be able to display armor sets around your stronghold. Being a "stronghold" or "castle" and all it's appropriate.
Eitetsu - Assassin; Tenzinn - Marauder; Kathedra - Mercenary; Korrana - Operative; Murasaki - Sorcerer; Tathata - Juggernaut; Weißreiter - Sniper; Aureatus - Powertech

LeglessChair
06.17.2014 , 08:56 PM | #498
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Conquering a planet is done through completion of Conquest Events, which are PvE Missions.
-eric
Will the pve conquest events be instanced?

oneofdacheeses
07.18.2014 , 12:37 AM | #499
Hello Eric and TOR team,
I am confused about alt characters. Can I have 1 apartment and have all my characters living there? Or since I'm a subscriber do I have 1 Nar Shadaa Skypalace per character?
Also (you don't have to answer this one just I case in someway it is a spoiler) will there be some form of a vendor to get your stronghold or will there be a mission?
I am really looking forward to this update it sounds AWESOME. I was a bit annoyed about pushback but the extra features level it out!
Thanks in advance

~oneofdacheeses

Aries_cz
07.18.2014 , 12:46 AM | #500
Quote: Originally Posted by oneofdacheeses View Post
Hello Eric and TOR team,
I am confused about alt characters. Can I have 1 apartment and have all my characters living there? Or since I'm a subscriber do I have 1 Nar Shadaa Skypalace per character?
Also (you don't have to answer this one just I case in someway it is a spoiler) will there be some form of a vendor to get your stronghold or will there be a mission?
I am really looking forward to this update it sounds AWESOME. I was a bit annoyed about pushback but the extra features level it out!
Thanks in advance

~oneofdacheeses
Strongholds are legacy-wide, meaning that technically all your chracters can live in there. But as far as we know, you cannot place them inside, so only one of your characters will be visible there.
And there is both vendor and a mission to lead you to it