Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Producer Letter – Galactic Strongholds

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Producer Letter – Galactic Strongholds
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MidichIorian
04.23.2014 , 09:39 AM | #31
I see a lot of guild features, which is great for those who are guilded, but what can we expect in terms of solo and puggable content? I assume that you can't spill the beans but can you give some indication on there being something to do for us too?

Daewan
04.23.2014 , 09:39 AM | #32
I think you did this the right way and the update looks great. But feel free to throw us some more bones in the way of information and screenshots!
Darth Squeek, Dark Lord of the Skittles, Revan Fanboy
<< Addict
Keçrye Legacy, <Black Star Society>/<Intrepid Adventurers>
Questions about SWTOR? SEARCH DULFY! :: Crew Skills sub-Forum
Obligatory referral link
Now trying a social experiment - stay tuned for details!

ScarletBlaze
04.23.2014 , 09:39 AM | #33
My guild has a few questions:

(1) Companions- Is there an option to leave them out of the strongholds?

(2) Other Players- Is there an option to allow another person access to the stronghold (where you share access)

(3) The decorations are they allowed anywhere we would like.

Other than that this looks nice.

Have a nice day.
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Current Guild Roleplay: A Time for Renewal[ https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=...ps/sK3jz376Zu8

tanerb
04.23.2014 , 09:39 AM | #34
So, you named 2.8 galactic strongholds which meant big part of it was this which now you are pushing later. What is left in 2.8 then? When will we get a new op and when is the level increase?

DARTHJAKA
04.23.2014 , 09:40 AM | #35
Please tell us if Manaan will be Daily area, Flashpoint, Operation, Huge Planet like Makeb...

Darth_Dreselus
04.23.2014 , 09:42 AM | #36
Can we name our ship?
The Last Centurions Derpyn - Sage / Toughen - Vanguard / Bluffin - Scoundrel / Roughen - Sentinel
Filthy-rich - Juggernaut / Timberwulf - Sniper / Ironwill - Mercenary / Ahuizotl - Assassin

BiS Relics for Healers PvE/PvP

DarthTHC
04.23.2014 , 09:44 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Conquering a planet is done through completion of Conquest Events, which are PvE Missions.

Also, I know this is big news so I am going to be sticking around in the thread answering questions as I can. We probably aren't going to talk too much about the details of each feature yet but I will answer what I can

-eric
Thanks for sticking around and answering what you can!

I'll ask a question that I think you probably can't answer yet.

Could you give us an idea of order of magnitude for the base cost for the top of the line Guild flagship? Should we be thinking millions, tens of millions, or hundreds of millions after adding important features but before adding decorations?

EricMusco
04.23.2014 , 09:45 AM | #38 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Some questions I am seeing in the thread...
  • Companions in Strongholds - I am not sure this is locked down yet but I will see if I can find an answer on specifics.
  • Guild Conquests - We are not ready yet to go into super specifics. We will definitely have a blog on this in the future to explain how it all works!
  • How do I place decorations? - This is also something we will go into a bit more detail on in the future.
-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

MillionsKNives
04.23.2014 , 09:46 AM | #39
Will we get an option to instantly travel to our guild ship / stronghold(s)? If so, will we be able to travel back to where we left, kind of like how the queue system works, or will we have to make our way back normally?

AngelFluttershy
04.23.2014 , 09:46 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Dreselus View Post
Can we name our ship?
*Slowly brings out a list in anticipation*