Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Producer Letter Galactic Strongholds

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Producer Letter Galactic Strongholds
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
04.23.2014 , 10:42 AM | #111 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by theSCARAYone View Post
Can you elaborate anymore on how legacy storage will work Eric? Like can "bound to character" items be put in there? If you can that just makes being able to choose your look for characters that share gear so much more convenient.
This is something that is still being worked on and discussed internally. Once I have a concrete answer on how it works I will share!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

theSCARAYone
04.23.2014 , 10:44 AM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
This is something that is still being worked on and discussed internally. Once I have a concrete answer on how it works I will share!

-eric
Thanks for the response!
The Harbinger - Aggressors Legacy - HN Baa'nariim
Give me Pets! (Referral Link)

Infernixx
04.23.2014 , 10:44 AM | #113
One thing to bear in mind, Dev, is to remember that Fleet's Gen Chat is the hub of our social network.

If we're all moving to Strongholds, be sure to connect the Guild Ships Gen Chat to the Stronghold Gen Chat. We don't want to be 'too' spread out, if you get my meaning.
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.

Flixx
04.23.2014 , 10:45 AM | #114
Sounds cool. Thanks

LtGeneralGezlin
04.23.2014 , 10:46 AM | #115
A few other things I have seen in the thread...
  • Companions in Strongholds - I was able to talk to the Design team about this. Exactly how it will work is still being worked out. I will post about it in the future once things are a bit more locked down!
  • Quick Travel - You can travel to your Stronghold anytime you can use Quick Travel currently. Also, as a subscriber you have a few options on where you can travel to from your Stronghold, including back to the coordinates you just came from.
-eric
Let the design team know *we want to be able to talk to our companions in our strongholds!

*By 'We' I mean, players like me who are recording our companion and class stories.
CE Owner - The Gallifreyan Legacy - Squad 238 Tester
60 Gunslinger, 50 Commando, 50 Sentinel, 57 Shadow.
50 Operative, 18 Mercenary, 60 Marauder, 57 Juggernaut, 50 Sorcerer.

theSCARAYone
04.23.2014 , 10:47 AM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by Infernixx View Post
One thing to bear in mind, Dev, is to remember that Fleet's Gen Chat is the hub of our social network.

If we're all moving to Strongholds, be sure to connect the Guild Ships Gen Chat to the Stronghold Gen Chat. We don't want to be 'too' spread out, if you get my meaning.
I think I like this idea, in fact I would take it even further. Make a new chat channel that is a global general channel, usable from anywhere.
The Harbinger - Aggressors Legacy - HN Baa'nariim
Give me Pets! (Referral Link)

DarthDymond
04.23.2014 , 10:47 AM | #117
Great question! 2.8 will no longer be the "biggest update to date" as we will be shifting Galactic Strongholds out of it. 2.8 will still be great though, we will have more details about it, and the rest of our plan in Bruce's updated Roadmap. We will have that to you guys in the next few weeks!

-eric
Question: With the Stronghold Early Access being moved out of 2.8, will that patch be moved back to its original target date of June 10 (from the earlier Road Map)? Or is that still being determined?
One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars. ~Kain

Refer A Friend Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/2gNj3d to get the free stuff detailed here

Akushii
04.23.2014 , 10:47 AM | #118
Here are some things I would LOVE to see related to guild flagships. Could you hint if any of these may be or will be possible?

1) Have a legacy perk to travel to Guild Ship.

2) Officers will have 'special' officer room.

3) Able to travel to any planet from the guild ship as a group or alone (perhaps a deployment ship from the guild ship).

4) Have a specific wing in the guild ship through which we are able to board Operations (or take a whole group directly to the entrance of an operation).

5) Guild battle? (Perhaps Galactic Starfighter mode between guilds).

6) Open contest area within the guild ship that will allow for friendly duels and/or practice.

Thanks for all the info so far! I hope Some or most of these features will be available!
~Peace is a Lie~

Bradypan
04.23.2014 , 10:48 AM | #119
So if I conquer Oricon, do I get buffs while in DF/DP :P

DOHboy
04.23.2014 , 10:48 AM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by Arilou_skiff View Post
Gah! Must. Have. More... INFO!!!!
I know, we're like johnny 5... input, need input!

Or piranhas both fit