Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Outdated information on Holonet

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Outdated information on Holonet
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

fire-breath
04.22.2014 , 12:01 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Apophis_ View Post
Somehow it is. Before Group Finder, it was impossible to do Flashpoints without taking specific quests, and going to specific locations. Ilum is a good example - players will just queue for all new FP's that are available without any warning that there is a longer story involved.
Ahhhhhh the many newbees I had to guide back to the Taral V + Mprison questgiver Good old days
Progression raiding toons on the big RED
Macewindy - Sab Slinger since patch 1.2 through ups and downs

PugsloveHP - the 96k HP commando DPS/healer

SethMorganaa
04.22.2014 , 12:21 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Apophis_ View Post
You should also create some kind of a an Official Story Guide here on swtor.com, and maybe somehow incorporate it into the game... Thing is, I see how my friends (new to the game) are doing all the stories in wrong order (for example playing The False Emperor with GF but without The Battle of Ilum and quests on Ilum, or taking Makeb quests before finishing Chapter 3 which is common). Just a thought. Story in this game is important, but there are so many quests and FP's and Ops around that new people are confused. I know there are guides online, but they are hard to find, and players are too lazy to check them...
You mean like an Icon coming up on the screen to let you know which and where the next part of the Class story is, so you dont out level it? That would be very good. I could see that working. And if your not into that, then you could just toggle it off.

Also, what about the game having an Experience toggle on/off icon. It could also tie in with the above mentioned, so you can still blast away and know that your not going to over level for the Class stories. At least for the subscribers.

Laurreth
04.22.2014 , 12:50 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by SethMorganaa View Post
Also, what about the game having an Experience toggle on/off icon. It could also tie in with the above mentioned, so you can still blast away and know that your not going to over level for the Class stories. At least for the subscribers.
There's a LOT of money to be made with /xpoff weekly passes
I like how the whining about "censored" butts started instantly but it took 2 days for someone to notice the legs are also ****ed up rantboi

SethMorganaa
04.22.2014 , 01:43 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Laurreth View Post
There's a LOT of money to be made with /xpoff weekly passes
Oh well

P.s It would be part of being a subscriber that you would have an xp icon toggle on/off option. It could be that Free to Play and Preferred wouldn't have that option, nor would there be any xp/off weekly passes.

Selenial
04.22.2014 , 02:56 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Wylf View Post
You do know that the guys making stuff for the cartel market (i.E. the art department) aren't the same guys that work on gameplay content, yes? So stuff on the cartel market doesn't affect content creation in any way, aside from the obvious positive way of paying the bills.

The guys working on the website also don't have anything to do with content creation.
Foolish argument tbh.

If the art department wasn't taking away from the game, then please inform me why we keep getting the same Reskins of the same gear for PVE and PVP over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Seeliara Sage
Posted the prologue of fanfic Echoes.

LegoUniverseBC
04.22.2014 , 02:59 PM | #26
I just would like the flashpoints and operations pages to be updated.

DOHboy
04.22.2014 , 03:06 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
Foolish argument tbh.

If the art department wasn't taking away from the game, then please inform me why we keep getting the same Reskins of the same gear for PVE and PVP over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.
the art department are the ones that do the re-coloring. Art isn't cheap either, at least not GOOD art. We've had plenty of new things added, some have been reskins to a point, but not all.

So if they need a bunch of new armor, take some old designs, change the color add a new helm or backpack and give it a new name.

The argument would be exact actually. Because we have reskins they are obviously also doing other stuff (more likely new content art) and thus only have chance for one or two new designs a cycle.

Art taking away from development would be that we get NOTHING but new unique designs and no new content. How soon we forget the days when we only had 3 sets of armor per class and every one was a clone of each other (and ugly at that). Things have change dramatically, infact, what people want alot IS the old armor so reskins although not new to us, maybe new to someone. And with a color change, or slight change, might actually be different enough to warrant a look from time to time.

If people think its easy feel free to go do it.

Vandicus
04.22.2014 , 03:06 PM | #28
Foolish argument tbh.

Well see back before we had things like adaptive gear, and before set bonuses were not attached to armorings but instead attached to shells, progression PvE was set up with the notion of having recognizable tiers.

See Tier 1 PVE would be Tionese, Columi, Rakata
and Tier 1 PVP would be Centurion, Champion, and Battlemaster gear

So with the idea of having identifiable tiers, a tier would be identical, except for coloration, the purpose of which was to make it very easy to tell what a person was wearing at a glance.

After a while Bioware decided that players would be free to choose their own outfits without having to be in sub-optimal gear, and so created adaptive gear and tied set bonuses to armoring.

However set bonuses remained in the game, and the game has used different set bonuses for the different tiers over time. So to make it clear which tier(and consequently which set bonus is attached) a piece of gear is from, they continue to have each tier use the same looks.

CM has its own art department btw, its not the same team as the one that was working on art for the main game.
Darasuum kote ner vode!
Darasuum kote Mando'ade!

Selenial
04.22.2014 , 03:11 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Vandicus View Post
Well see back before we had things like adaptive gear, and before set bonuses were not attached to armorings but instead attached to shells, progression PvE was set up with the notion of having recognizable tiers.

See Tier 1 PVE would be Tionese, Columi, Rakata
and Tier 1 PVP would be Centurion, Champion, and Battlemaster gear

So with the idea of having identifiable tiers, a tier would be identical, except for coloration, the purpose of which was to make it very easy to tell what a person was wearing at a glance.

After a while Bioware decided that players would be free to choose their own outfits without having to be in sub-optimal gear, and so created adaptive gear and tied set bonuses to armoring.

However set bonuses remained in the game, and the game has used different set bonuses for the different tiers over time. So to make it clear which tier(and consequently which set bonus is attached) a piece of gear is from, they continue to have each tier use the same looks.

CM has its own art department btw, its not the same team as the one that was working on art for the main game.
That was before dyes.

Just to put this in perspective, PVE and PVP have not had a single set of new progression tier armor (not counting the ranked rewards, I never even bothered switching mods to them because they're no different) for 5 months and 18 days.

Why don't you go count how many CM packs there have been, and how many CM armors have been released since then?

We don't ask for much, just a little less reskin for christs sake.

I mean come on, new flashpoint rewards? Old battlemaster sets..... Come on.
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Seeliara Sage
Posted the prologue of fanfic Echoes.

Infernixx
04.22.2014 , 03:17 PM | #30
That was before dyes.

Just to put this in perspective, PVE and PVP have not had a single set of new progression tier armor (not counting the ranked rewards, I never even bothered switching mods to them because they're no different) for 5 months and 18 days.

Why don't you go count how many CM packs there have been, and how many CM armors have been released since then?

We don't ask for much, just a little less reskin for christs sake.

I mean come on, new flashpoint rewards? Old battlemaster sets..... Come on.
People complain about the new gear sets.

People complain about the old recolored gear sets.

People complain.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.